• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe shocking the world

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is great news for Laker fans. The one thing that I think pretty much everyone agrees on is that if Kobe didn't get injured at the end of the season the Lakers would've beat S.A, and most likely won the championship. I think that was the league wide consensus.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is great news for Laker fans. The one thing that I think pretty much everyone agrees on is that if Kobe didn't get injured at the end of the season the Lakers would've beat S.A, and most likely won the championship. I think that was the league wide consensus.

:lol::laugh3::lol::laugh3:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is your best post in a very long time!! Great work and really good creativity. I especially like how for 3 minutes you posted about some one other than LBJ.

Would you care to comment on the obvious HGH use of Kobe? Is it cheating if Kobe does it? Is it adultery if Kobe does it?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:wtf2: I mean, I'm a Laker fan and all, but :wtf2:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat fans acting nervous.

Actually it's more like watching a potential train wreck. It's usually a good idea to let the body recover, especially after a significant injury like this. But hey, what do I know? Not like I'm a doctor or anything.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it's more like watching a potential train wreck. It's usually a good idea to let the body recover, especially after a significant injury like this. But hey, what do I know? Not like I'm a doctor or anything.

Lakers have NO SHOT this year, with him or without. Probably not even a playoff team.

Who gives two craps if he plays or not, especially Heat fans?

It's just a matter of time, before he either re injures himself, or the losing (around .500) kicks in and Lakers fans are saying that he should have been amnestied so the season could tanked, or at worst case, the money saved, and his body freshened.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the title and clicked on this thread expecting to see him passing to a teammate or something.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers have NO SHOT this year, with him or without. Probably not even a playoff team.

Who gives two craps if he plays or not, especially Heat fans?

It's just a matter of time, before he either re injures himself, or the losing (around .500) kicks in and Lakers fans are saying that he should have been amnestied so the season could tanked, or at worst case, the money saved, and his body freshened.

I really doubt this because we all know it was never an option. Whatever happens this year, we're coming along for the ride and we'll be there at the end just like we are every year. Tanking? C'mon now turnip, we're not the Celtics!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really doubt this because we all know it was never an option. Whatever happens this year, we're coming along for the ride and we'll be there at the end just like we are every year. Tanking? C'mon now turnip, we're not the Celtics or the Heat!

fify

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fixed what?

The Heat never tanked anything.

The 15 win season was a non planned disaster because of Shaq wanting out and Wade being injured.

The other 2 season the Heat was a very respectable 5 seed IMO.

I'm not saying the Lakers should try to lose games, because even without Kobe, you still aren't near as horrible as some teams. Players on the court always should play to win.

I'm saying that in the long run, considering everything, that the Lakers chances short term would be enhanced by giving Kobe a full year off to make sure he is at full strength and as healthy as can be heading into the last couple, few ? years of his career.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying that in the long run, considering everything, that the Lakers chances short term would be enhanced by giving Kobe a full year off to make sure he is at full strength and as healthy as can be heading into the last couple, few ? years of his career.

You are basing that on the assumption that Kobe can't come back this season at full strength. All indications are that he is ahead of schedule. Taking a full season off doesn't necessarily mean the achilles will be any better off than if he is able to come back this season.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are basing that on the assumption that Kobe can't come back this season at full strength. All indications are that he is ahead of schedule. Taking a full season off doesn't necessarily mean the achilles will be any better off than if he is able to come back this season.

I don't claim to know the first thing about Kobe's injury, but my question would have to be, if healing time doesn't make any difference, then why/ how could the Bulls defend or justify Rosé not playing?

As far as Kobe full strength. Come on.
Does any Laker fan really think that he will ever be as productive as he was last season again?

So, lets play best case scenario and say Kobe can play at whatever level he can play all season.
Even with that the projection , with your roster, and comparing it to the other rosters in the West, how do you get to be higher then an 8-9 seed?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone agreed that Rose's problem was mental by the end of it, the doctors had already cleared him.