• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe shocking the world

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you're not looking hard enough. I've posted just about every time anything that has to do with Knicks has been brought up on this board. Started threads on CBS about the Knicks with lukewarm results.

I posted a handful of times today in a thread started about Rondo and Melo on here. Even posted in the article that was linked in the thread. Even corrected you yesterday when said it was fact that Melo was a FA after this season.

I talk Knicks when I see it.

Those must be threads I haven't posted on then. My bad. I honestly thought you were Heat fan until I saw your Knicks logo under your avi!! I guess Lakers/Heat/Kobe/Lebron pretty well dominate the message boards so it makes sense!!:lol:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are hoping that because you are scared.

I'm not hoping anything. If the Lakers were legit contenders I wouldn't say they will be eliminated in round 1. Unlike some of you guys (some predicted MIL to defeat MIA) as much as I hate a team, I can be pretty honest when it comes to their chances of going deep into the playoffs.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL - NOBODY IS SCARED OF THE LAKERS

You guys crack me up. Miami, and specifically Lebron, has beaten Kobe 15 of the last 18 games they've played.......Kobe is scared of Lebron.

NIce FICTIONAL Stats...Try again, ASSWIPE

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KOBE probably makes things worse for LA.

In the NBA you want to be either GREAT or AWFUL.
Being 43-39 is the worst possible thing to be...

Assuming Jamison bolts and MWP is amnestied, this team is not a good team.

KOBE might make them a 7 or 8 seed instead of a lottery team.

This is one of the deepest drafts in a long long time.

If KOBE did not play, the Lakers were looking like a low lottery team...maybe pick 8-11 range.

Even if they were the 11th pick, they would definitely defy all odds and WIN THE LOTTERY MAGICALLY.

it would make the 1985 Knicks draft look 100% transparent and legit.

Kobe's return will insure them winning nothing and missing out on a great draft.

The Lakers would be better off in the long term if Kobe missed half a season.

Lakers have no shot at the playoffs with this current roster. And that's despite having Kobe, who if healthy is still the best player in the league...This roster is awful (Blake, Nash, Farmar, Gasol, Sacre, Meeks, )...It's just awful...

No way Kobe coming off a serious injury can carry this team to the playoffs.

Just being realistic

TRIPLE 777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SMAN IS ABSOLUTELY RIGHT !

Lakers have no shot at the playoffs with this current roster. And that's despite having Kobe, who if healthy is still the best player in the league...This roster is awful (Blake, Nash, Farmar, Gasol, Sacre, Meeks, )...It's just awful...

Just being realistic
:agree::agree::10:

KOBE BRYANT CANNOT DEMAND BIG MONEY WHEN HIS CONTRACT EXPIRES--HE IS WASHED UP AND DONE.
NO NBA PLAYER HAS EVER COMEBACK FROM A TORN ACHILLES TENDON and WON A NBA TITLE..[.NONE.]
ASK DERRICK ROSE-CHICAGO BULLS AND FORMER NBA PLAYER DOMINIQE WILKINS-of the ATLANTA HAWKS..how EASY it is TO PLAY with A TORN ACHILLES TENDON.
ENUFF SAID...

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now, you're going to tell a Laker fan of over 40 years how Laker fans feel about beating certain teams!! Seriously?!?

As a Laker fan I can assure you that the Mavs are an afterthought to Laker fans, the only Western Conference team that Laker fans have ever considered a true threat and the only team that they feel a little more special about beating, is the Spurs!!

Sacramento and Portland stepped up for a couple of seasons and made things interesting, but they petered out fairly quickly.

Cuban and Mavs fans may think there's a rivalry, but that's just them.

I agree. You gotta do well in the playoffs more than once to be our rivals.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3::laugh3:

That was a good one! Scared of the Lakers? I've heard it all now. I hope to God Kobe comes back at 100% and the Lakers get lucky enough to make it to the Finals. I would love to see the Heat stomp a mudhole in them. Unfortunately that wont happen and the NBA is worse off for it. Scared of the Lakers though!! :laugh3:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@laker fans saying Heat fans are scared, that is funny. Facing a Laker strength team in the playoffs would be a gift!!!

Just being realistic

This was shocking, honestly if Kobe is coming back as fast as he says he is though I have to think Lakers will make the playoffs, or be very close to the playoffs.

NIce FICTIONAL Stats...Try again, ASSWIPE

@dude with made up stats

LeBron James vs. Kobe Bryant | Basketball-Reference.com

Dwyane Wade vs. Kobe Bryant | Basketball-Reference.com

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to derail the thread so this is the last I'll say about this subject.

To imply that Dallas and the Lakers are not rivals is absurd. The Mavs have been a threat for the last 7yrs or so in the Western conf. LA fans hate Cuban and that is fact. When LA beats Dallas, regardless when it is, it's a little more special.

There's a lot of teams LA fans that could've accepted more when getting swept out of the playoffs in 2011 than Cuban's Mavs in 2011.

This is total nonsense. There is absolutely no rivalry between the Lakers and Mavericks. There has been plenty of playful bantering between Cuban and Phil/Jeanie/Kobe, but that's it. LA fans do not hate Cuban. We find him amusing. There just hasn't been enough playoff battles between these two teams to form any rivalry.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree::agree::10:

KOBE BRYANT CANNOT DEMAND BIG MONEY WHEN HIS CONTRACT EXPIRES--HE IS WASHED UP AND DONE.
NO NBA PLAYER HAS EVER COMEBACK FROM A TORN ACHILLES TENDON and WON A NBA TITLE..[.NONE.]
ASK DERRICK ROSE-CHICAGO BULLS AND FORMER NBA PLAYER DOMINIQE WILKINS-of the ATLANTA HAWKS..how EASY it is TO PLAY with A TORN ACHILLES TENDON.
ENUFF SAID...

Washed Up? Well he was first team all Nba last year. And proved he could do whatever he wants. Score 40 pts and dish out 12 assists....14 assists and 25 pts.....Whatever team needed Kobe did...

Regarding the injury time will tell. Too premature to say he's washed up.....

And D-Rose never had a torn achilles...

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're scared to death.

I live in LA, and I gotta say that Lakers fans are the ones who are scared. They are scared that Lebron will be thought of as better than Kobe, so all they do is talk shit. The Lakers will never win again with Kobe.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mavericks are not the LAKERS rivals.

They played some in the 1980s, but they have only met 1 time in the playoffs in the last 25 years.
There is just little familiarity and bad blood.
They don't play in the same division.
They don't even play in the same time zone
Plus, Dallas has no real historical legacy to compete with like Boston.

Suprisingly San Antonio has more rivals in the West than anyone else today.

They have had at least 5 playoff series each with Phoenix, LA, and Dallas each in the last 14 years.
All were serious contenders in most of those Spurs series as well.

Playing a helpless low level seed a few times doesn't really breed a rivalry. It seemed like anytime Phoenix, LA, or Dallas had championship aspirations they played the Spurs.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in LA, and I gotta say that Lakers fans are the ones who are scared. They are scared that Lebron will be thought of as better than Kobe, so all they do is talk shit. The Lakers will never win again with Kobe.

LeBron still needs to win 3 more titles, so no we're not scared of him.

TRIPLE 777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DERRICK ROSE DID HAVE A TORN ACHILLES TENDON

Washed Up? Well he was first team all Nba last year. And proved he could do whatever he wants. Score 40 pts and dish out 12 assists....14 assists and 25 pts.....Whatever team needed Kobe did...

Regarding the injury time will tell. Too premature to say he's washed up.....

And D-Rose never had a torn achilles...
DERRCK ROSE HAD A TORN ACHLLES TENDON,HERE IS THE ARTICLE--KOBE BRYAN'T'S WAS ACL IS MORE SERIOUS,HIS WAS RUPTURED and TORN ACHLLES TENDON.

"Derrick's a brother," Noah said. "And to see him go through this is tough, but at the end of the day it's really funny how quick people are to judge. But people don't know what it's like to lead a team, especially after you tore your ACL.
"If you tore your ACL and you have to be the starting point guard and have the expectations that Derrick has, then maybe you can judge. But everybody who hasn't been in that situation before should really shut up because I feel like it's just so unfair to him and to this team. We're fighting, and everybody's going to just (talk bad about) somebody who's been giving so much to this organization. It's crazy to me."

Read more: Derrick Rose's absence sets precedent for athletes dealing with injury - The Denver Post Derrick Rose's absence sets precedent for athletes dealing with injury - The Denver Post
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: Terms of Use - The Denver Post
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DERRCK ROSE HAD A TORN ACHLLES TENDON,HERE IS THE ARTICLE--KOBE BRYAN'T'S WAS ACL IS MORE SERIOUS,HIS WAS RUPTURED and TORN ACHLLES TENDON.

"Derrick's a brother," Noah said. "And to see him go through this is tough, but at the end of the day it's really funny how quick people are to judge. But people don't know what it's like to lead a team, especially after you tore your ACL.
"If you tore your ACL and you have to be the starting point guard and have the expectations that Derrick has, then maybe you can judge. But everybody who hasn't been in that situation before should really shut up because I feel like it's just so unfair to him and to this team. We're fighting, and everybody's going to just (talk bad about) somebody who's been giving so much to this organization. It's crazy to me."

Read more: Derrick Rose's absence sets precedent for athletes dealing with injury - The Denver Post Derrick Rose's absence sets precedent for athletes dealing with injury - The Denver Post
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: Terms of Use - The Denver Post
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

Sorry Trip7 . ACL is different from Achilles. 2 different injuries. ACL is in the knee and the Achilles is literally part of your ankle/heel.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's been that way for Kobe homers since about 2007. They want to believe that by James having less rings makes Kobe better, but we know that couldn't be further than the truth. The longer James plays, does nothing but keep furthering the distance between the 2 players when it comes to all-time greats comparisons.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How 'bout them Knicks Doors?

TRIPLE 777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HERE IS WHY KOE RYANT WLL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN.
Any guesses as to how many of those instances involved a player coming off of a career-threatening injury like a torn Achilles tendon?

Richard Mackson-USA TODAY Sports
The answer is "zero."

So, even without factoring in the torn Achilles, history strongly indicates that Bryant's days as an elite player would have been coming to an end very soon. But with the injury, there's simply no reason to think Bryant will ever be a top-tier talent again.

That's not a knock on Bryant; it's just a statement of fact based on historical precedent.

There are plenty of counterarguments available, but they'll all inevitably be based on hopes and beliefs. There are no facts to support the notion that Bryant will somehow buck the trend.

This is important because Bryant seems to base his faith in a smooth contract negotiation on his ability to remain among the league's best players.

Because he almost certainly won't be an elite player this season (or in any in the future), he's going to have to adjust his contract expectations, and probably even reconsider that pay cut he so quickly dismissed.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HERE IS WHY KOE RYANT WLL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN.
Any guesses as to how many of those instances involved a player coming off of a career-threatening injury like a torn Achilles tendon?

Richard Mackson-USA TODAY Sports
The answer is "zero."

So, even without factoring in the torn Achilles, history strongly indicates that Bryant's days as an elite player would have been coming to an end very soon. But with the injury, there's simply no reason to think Bryant will ever be a top-tier talent again.

That's not a knock on Bryant; it's just a statement of fact based on historical precedent.

There are plenty of counterarguments available, but they'll all inevitably be based on hopes and beliefs. There are no facts to support the notion that Bryant will somehow buck the trend.

This is important because Bryant seems to base his faith in a smooth contract negotiation on his ability to remain among the league's best players.

Because he almost certainly won't be an elite player this season (or in any in the future), he's going to have to adjust his contract expectations, and probably even reconsider that pay cut he so quickly dismissed.

Could you PLEASE take a moment and forward this to Kobe?

I am sensing that Kobe will be in the top 3 for MVP next season.