• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe Is Coming Back For the Money Only

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his wildest fantasies, Kobe couldn't possibly believe that he has another chance next season to actually win another championship which comes to only one conclusion.

Not that is a bad thing because I too would try to play or pretend to in order to collect 25,000,000. That is too big of a temptation for any human being to resist.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear the Clippers are looking for fans.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty funny Trojan. :lol:

Kobe moving up a spot in all time scoring means more than 25 mill. That's my opinion

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his wildest fantasies, Kobe couldn't possibly believe that he has another chance next season to actually win another championship which comes to only one conclusion.

Not that is a bad thing because I too would try to play or pretend to in order to collect 25,000,000. That is too big of a temptation for any human being to resist.

Shut your filthy mouth!!! :ban:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty funny Trojan. :lol:

Kobe moving up a spot in all time scoring means more than 25 mill. That's my opinion

For Kobe yes, but not for the rest of us which comes back to the money because all time scoring record is going to equal endorsements.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if Nash can do it, why not Kobe.

He might as well, but I will add that Kobe has a better chance at recovery than Nash. Nash's body falling apart was connected to years and years of back problems. The main sciatic nerves connects everything.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut your filthy mouth!!! :ban:

You don't want to hear it, but this Lakers team stated that they had a three year plan to rebuild the team. We are in year two of that plan. Next season is the third of the three year plan to become relevant again, so by the Lakers head office - they were looking at three years - not next year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't want to hear it, but this Lakers team stated that they had a three year plan to rebuild the team. We are in year two of that plan. Next season is the third of the three year plan to become relevant again, so by the Lakers head office - they were looking at three years - not next year.

You're an embarrassment to Lakers fans. Do you ever get anything right?

The FO has said there is a 3 year plan and this is YEAR ONE!! It's posted over and over. Links have been provided to interviews with Jeanie where she has said she will hold Jim to his 3 year plan or he'll step doewn statement and even she has said that this is year one.

You really need to start looking shit up before you post. Seeing the rest of us catch shit for the crap you post is getting tedious.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're an embarrassment to Lakers fans. Do you ever get anything right?

The FO has said there is a 3 year plan and this is YEAR ONE!! It's posted over and over. Links have been provided to interviews with Jeanie where she has said she will hold Jim to his 3 year plan or he'll step doewn statement and even she has said that this is year one.

You really need to start looking shit up before you post. Seeing the rest of us catch shit for the crap you post is getting tedious.

Yes I know that they have a three year plan which will end after Kobe's final year next season. By then they should have a good nucleus of young player assuming they are smart enough to continue tanking it. By June of 2016 Randle and the pick in 2015 of this year, that will be two good rookies that will look good. If the Lakers were to get a huge signing this July - perhaps the Lakers can make some noise, but I still think they let the team go down to much to bounce back by next year. Next year is still a rebuilding in process and after that is a big gamble because while I like Jeannie Buss - I have yet to see her or Jim Buss demonstrate the intelligence their father had.

One lucky signing this summer though could always change things better in a real hurry. I understand that

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I know that they have a three year plan which will end after Kobe's final year next season. By then they should have a good nucleus of young player assuming they are smart enough to continue tanking it. By June of 2016 Randle and the pick in 2015 of this year, that will be two good rookies that will look good. If the Lakers were to get a huge signing this July - perhaps the Lakers can make some noise, but I still think they let the team go down to much to bounce back by next year. Next year is still a rebuilding in process and after that is a big gamble because while I like Jeannie Buss - I have yet to see her or Jim Buss demonstrate the intelligence their father had.

One lucky signing this summer though could always change things better in a real hurry. I understand that

Wrong again. The 3 year plan includes this season (2014-15), next season which is likely Kobe's last (2015-16) and the season after Kobe retires (2016-17).

Because the Lakers didn't get either of the "big fish" in this past seasons FA class, this season is/was about the current players "auditioning" for possible future roles with the team and seeing what Kobe has left.

The next FA class will be about getting at least one top level FA and maybe a guy in the $10-15 million dollar range plus FA's from the current roster for one last playoff run for Kobe. The FA class after Kobe retires (which will also be year 3 of the plan) will be about getting another top level FA or 2 to replace Kobe.

So, the 3 year plan will actually be up after the 2016-17 season. If the Lakers are back in contention at that point, then it worked and Jim Buss gets to keep his job. If not, then he has said he'll step down and Jeanie has said she'll hold him to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong again. The 3 year plan includes this season (2014-15), next season which is likely Kobe's last (2015-16) and the season after Kobe retires (2016-17).

Because the Lakers didn't get either of the "big fish" in this past seasons FA class, this season is/was about the current players "auditioning" for possible future roles with the team and seeing what Kobe has left.

The next FA class will be about getting at least one top level FA and maybe a guy in the $10-15 million dollar range plus FA's from the current roster for one last playoff run for Kobe. The FA class after Kobe retires (which will also be year 3 of the plan) will be about getting another top level FA or 2 to replace Kobe.

So, the 3 year plan will actually be up after the 2016-17 season. If the Lakers are back in contention at that point, then it worked and Jim Buss gets to keep his job. If not, then he has said he'll step down and Jeanie has said she'll hold him to it.

Believe what you wish, and I hope you're right, but I don't think it is realist to believe that next season 2015-2016 or the 2016-17 that the Lakers will be championship contenders. First I am not convinced that any of the free agents out there are going to be sold on the Lakers like they would have with Dr Buss. Jeannie and Jim are younger and have never built a championship team on their own before, but Los Angeles is a big market and still a preferred destination. Jeannie and Jim do have a lot to offer and eventually the Lakers will sign some great talent. The first round draft picks normally take a few years to develop and I don't think it's going to be all that easy to convince someone to sign this summer, but in 2016 when Kobe has finished his career - I do think that's more likely.

On the other hand if the Lakers are hoping to repeat what Miami did with an instant contending team with two big names and the young talent - I'm not saying that it's impossible, but I think next season is a long shot at the best out of making the play offs and putting up some wins that aren't downright embarrassing.

In short - I don't believe Jeannie or Jim will step down - they can't really because they own the team, so even if they hired a new vice-pres of operations, as an absentee owner, Jim and Jeannie are still going to discuss and make those same decisions. I have been inside of companies changing ownership and C.E.O.'S and I don't believe Jim will ever step down, but if it doesn't work out like he hoped, he will have explanations and will spin it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe what you wish, and I hope you're right, but I don't think it is realist to believe that next season 2015-2016 or the 2016-17 that the Lakers will be championship contenders. First I am not convinced that any of the free agents out there are going to be sold on the Lakers like they would have with Dr Buss. Jeannie and Jim are younger and have never built a championship team on their own before, but Los Angeles is a big market and still a preferred destination. Jeannie and Jim do have a lot to offer and eventually the Lakers will sign some great talent. The first round draft picks normally take a few years to develop and I don't think it's going to be all that easy to convince someone to sign this summer, but in 2016 when Kobe has finished his career - I do think that's more likely.

On the other hand if the Lakers are hoping to repeat what Miami did with an instant contending team with two big names and the young talent - I'm not saying that it's impossible, but I think next season is a long shot at the best out of making the play offs and putting up some wins that aren't downright embarrassing.

In short - I don't believe Jeannie or Jim will step down - they can't really because they own the team, so even if they hired a new vice-pres of operations, as an absentee owner, Jim and Jeannie are still going to discuss and make those same decisions. I have been inside of companies changing ownership and C.E.O.'S and I don't believe Jim will ever step down, but if it doesn't work out like he hoped, he will have explanations and will spin it.

And you can continue to go negative and be a moron. How many championship teams had Dr. Buss built before he bought the Lakers? Both Jim and Jeanie have literally grown up in the organization and Mitch was trained by Jerry West.

So, let's just say that most of us put a lot more faith in them than we do in you.

Like I said earlier in this idiotic thread of yours. I hear the Clippers are looking for fans.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you can continue to go negative and be a moron. How many championship teams had Dr. Buss built before he bought the Lakers? Both Jim and Jeanie have literally grown up in the organization and Mitch was trained by Jerry West.

So, let's just say that most of us put a lot more faith in them than we do in you.

Like I said earlier in this idiotic thread of yours. I hear the Clippers are looking for fans.

Just because they grew up watching their dad do it, doesn't mean they have the same capability. I do think they will figure it out eventually, but I don't think it's going to happen by next season or before Kobe retires.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because they grew up watching their dad do it, doesn't mean they have the same capability. I do think they will figure it out eventually, but I don't think it's going to happen by next season or before Kobe retires.

They didn't just watch their Dad do it. They have been involved in the running of the organization for years. Jeanie on the business side and Jim on the basketball operations side.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought everyone knew that about Jeanie and Jim, TJF12.

Apparently, TLF somehow missed that. Perhaps the screen name "True Lakers Fan is the same as giving a fat guy the nickname Slim. He sure doesn't seem to know much about the team he is supposedly a "True Fan" of.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I have said before - you have considerably more confidence in the Buss family's capabilities in the immediate future. I don't and I think it will take a few more years for them to improve in their decision making process.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I have said before - you have considerably more confidence in the Buss family's capabilities in the immediate future. I don't and I think it will take a few more years for them to improve in their decision making process.

It's not a matter of having confidence in their capabilities as it is confidence that, at least Jeanie, will stick to her guns.

As I pointed out on another thread. Jim has said he will step down if this 3 year plan doesn't work. He didn't have to do that, he's an owner of the team. He could simply have done like Jerry Jones with the Cowboys and gone with the 3 year plan and if it didn't work, say "Oh well, back to the drawing board. Here's the new 3 year plan." That tells me that at least he is confident in the plan and is willing to put his position on the line to back it up.

Jeanie has said that she'll hold him to it. Just like Jim, she didn't have to. She could have just stayed quiet or said "I'm not firing my brother, if he wants to step down, that's up to him." Again, she didn't do that.

What I hope it means, along with the way Byron has been showing tough love to the players when needed, is that we are seeing the return of the accountability that ran top to bottom with the Lakers when Dr. Buss was still alive.

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Maybe the 3 year plan will work. Maybe it won't. But at least there seems to be some direction rather than the rudderless ship it appeared to be last season.

Last edited by a moderator: