• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin love will consider opting out for LA

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DH left because of Mike D'Antoni, not Kobe. He didn't like the Suns-type offense they ran.

Now, he's in Houston where they run a Phoenix Suns type offense, LOL. Irony.

I remember one of his complaints being the amount of pick and roll in D'Antoni's offense. I never understood that one. With his athleticism, he could be devastating in the pick and roll.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only now it's with a far better roster.

That's beside the point. DH was complaining about a run n gun offense, he wanted a halfcourt set where the offense would dump it into the post where DH would benefit.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember one of his complaints being the amount of pick and roll in D'Antoni's offense. I never understood that one. With his athleticism, he could be devastating in the pick and roll.

:agree:

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try reading better since you clearly missed the most important part of the post:

Isaiah Thomas said he had interest in signing with Lakers | ProBasketballTalk

Try getting out of denial since you clearly missed the part that no big name free agents went to LA. The best you can provide is a link to a guy giving lip service.

Howard left and that was the main point more than when he left.

Right now there is nothing to make anyone think players are clambering to play for the Lakers in the Buss kids era.

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you explain the Clippers, Warriors and even the Kings so far this season being competitive?

They have good teams. Duh!

b_lake

Ask your lady, she likes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you explain the Clippers, Warriors and even the Kings so far this season being competitive?

They've only played 10 or so games?

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Un, no it doesn't. There were only 2 FA's that the Lakers truly went after, Lebron and 'Melo. Lebron was never going to do anything other than re-sign in Miami or go to the Cavs. 'Melo wavered between the Knicks and Lakers for a long time and gave the Lakers a lot more consideration than anyone (including the Lakers) expected. In fact, they moved from being completely out of the running when FA started, to being the top threat to the Knicks. In the end, he chose the money and keeping his wife happy by staying in New York (can't blame him, especially on the happy wife part).

Pretty much every expert out there who has any contact with NBA players says that the Lakers are a destination franchise for most FA's.

Also, Dwight didn't leave this past summer, he left the summer before and said himself that Kobe had nothing to do with his decision to leave. He said if the Lakers had brought Phil back, he'd still be in L.A. So, his own words, disprove your post.

I think Howard was just doing damage control there since he knew that there were many Laker fans. He gave the same sort of lip service in Orlando and then bolted anyway. I don't believe it was all just Kobe for him. I think he looked at the salary they paid Kobe and the fact there was no good young talent to play next to and decided to go where he didn't have to wait.

But name the big time free agents the Lakers have signed since Howard left.

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only now it's with a far better roster.

Exactly. LA is positioning for lottery balls. I think most big time free agents see that and know the Lakers won't be competitive for a few years still.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's beside the point. DH was complaining about a run n gun offense, he wanted a halfcourt set where the offense would dump it into the post where DH would benefit.

The rockets aren't running a "Suns type" offense exclusively...McHale also has quite a few sets and tricks up his sleeve of his own that he's implemented for DH. Not to mention he's a far better defensive minded coach. And don't kid yourself...Houston is a very good "run & gun" team.

I think too many people are just splitting hairs over nothing essentially.
It's done, get over it.

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How do you explain that the last 4 NBA Finals have been won by 3 different teams from Texas or Florida?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try getting out of denial since you clearly missed the part that no big name free agents went to LA. The best you can provide is a link to a guy giving lip service.

Howard left and that was the main point more than when he left.

Right now there is nothing to make anyone think players are clambering to play for the Lakers in the Buss kids era.

LOL. Okay, be in denial.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Howard was just doing damage control there since he knew that there were many Laker fans. He gave the same sort of lip service in Orlando and then bolted anyway. I don't believe it was all just Kobe for him. I think he looked at the salary they paid Kobe and the fact there was no good young talent to play next to and decided to go where he didn't have to wait.

Dude, be real! Its been one damn year. You act like its been years and the Lakers can't sign a big time free agent. Also, did you read Trojanfan post?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are basing your conclusion that no big time free agents want to play for the Lakers on one summer (2014) and two players (D12 and Melo). Don't you think you are a bit quick to conclude that they won't next summer or the summer after that? I realize it is unusual for a lot of you to see the Lakers actually struggle, but the franchise didn't suddenly become a horrible destination to go to.

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, be real! Its been one damn year. You act like its been years and the Lakers can't sign a big time free agent. Also, did you read Trojanfan post?

"Dude, be real! Its been one damn year."

It's been several years since the Lakers signed a big name free agent. Nash and Howard were trades and Howard left as soon as he could. He's one of the best Centers in the NBA and he didn't want to be there.

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eventually when the Lakers are in a better position then guys will want to go there but right now you can't win in LA. Kobe is overpaid and there are no other stars on the roster. The Lakers are playing for ping pong balls not titles. That's just not attractive to guys that want to win now.

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think the Lakers management (The Buss kids) have made a lot of dumb mistakes and have done nothing to prove that they know what they are doing. Until they prove themselves that they have a clue I think big name free agents will hesitate to go there.