• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Knives Out 2: Glass Onion (2022)

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benoit Blanc (Daniel Craig) will return in Glass Onion, the sequel to the original Knives Out, but the rest of the cast will be new as Blanc investigates a new mystery. Glass Onion is slated for release on Friday, December 23, 2022, on Netflix. Teaser trailer:

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poster:

qpa2ill2umm91.jpg

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was pretty good. I enjoyed the first one a bit better but both are good, entertaining movies. Glass Onion is a bit over the top and extravagant (intentional because of the plot) which is why I like the rather simplistic nature of Knives Out better, but both are well done. I hope Benoit Blanc movies become a thing. These are fun.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was pretty good. I enjoyed the first one a bit better but both are good, entertaining movies. Glass Onion is a bit over the top and extravagant (intentional because of the plot) which is why I like the rather simplistic nature of Knives Out better, but both are well done. I hope Benoit Blanc movies become a thing. These are fun.
Watched this tonight too...id concur with your assessment. Liked the original better but still was entertaining.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree about everything. If this becomes a movie series I will see everyone with excitement. 2 was not as good as one. But it was still great and one of my favourite movies of the year.

I really hope there is a third coming out

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the problem with it being a series is that it would have to betray the politics of the first two movies. As movies become more diverse, the villain becomes easier to spot. Glass Onion also pokes fun at that idea itself

I did like Glass Onion but I'd also agree that Knives Out was better

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree about everything. If this becomes a movie series I will see everyone with excitement. 2 was not as good as one. But it was still great and one of my favourite movies of the year.

I really hope there is a third coming out
I know Netflix paid for at least 2 sequels so we’ll get 1 more for sure.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did think Daniel Craig and Janelle Monae were good in this. Bautista seemed miscast?

As funny and absurd as some of the things in the movie are, I feel a real look at FTX would be just as absurd.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the first half ok but once the twist happened and it turns out Benoit was working with Helen I really enjoyed it. Still more of a fan of the first one but this one was really good.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
twas thinking of what would happen if there is more than 3 of these movies... right now it seems like blanc is only a vessel to solve the crime... but he has no back story, no anything besides the case he is currently in...

which may be the secret sauce in why the first two were so great... but in the future, I don't know how long they can last without creating depth for its main character...

unless they just continue going more and more absurd... I got faith though... because again, the first 2 were just SO GOOD

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The secret sauce is

that its a power fantasy suggesting rich people are parasites.

Knives Out was about old money, Glass Onion about new money. Personally, I think the old money story seems a bit more on point. The MRA Twitch-streamer body-builder seems like a character a boomer would create, tbh. The 'disruptors' turning against the billionaire for redemption at the end is dumb. They all should have died in the explosion...although the explosion happening in the first place is dumb. And no one knowing their associate had a twin sister is kinda dumb. The envelope being kept and also the envelope getting burned is dumb. The whole thing is contrived. Knives Out felt smarter. Knives Out also really saved its best joke for the end. Glass Onion had jokes throughout imo but none as good as how Knives Out ended.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoyed the hell out of it. I may need to rewatch the 1st one for comparative purposes. Plot points & such fade quickly for me.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was fine. The "twist" was wildly obvious pretty early on which made it way more predictable than the first. Took away a lot of the fun.

I'd watch the shit out of a remake of Clue with Blanc somehow added in (even though he said he hated that game which was a great gag).

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was fine. The "twist" was wildly obvious pretty early on which made it way more predictable than the first. Took away a lot of the fun.

I'd watch the shit out of a remake of Clue with Blanc somehow added in (even though he said he hated that game which was a great gag).
:bullshit: you knew she had a twin sister...yeah sure you did

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thats the problem with whodunnit movies, viewers think because they are able to solve it early takes anything away from the movie...

really these are so much of a fun ride, i dont even care who did it, sure i am not shocked by the reveal but my enjoyment doesnt change...

I mean, what is worse, an obvious whodunnit... or a whodunnit that purposely holds on to the information just so they can hide the murderer till the end...

and i feel like the predictability on who the murderer was was kind of the point in this film... i mean Blanc used STUPIDIITY as a reason he knew it was the murderer...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i feel like the predictability on who the murderer was was kind of the point in this film... i mean Blanc used STUPIDIITY as a reason he knew it was the murderer...
Yeah, Im going to fully agree with that. Its not much of a whodunnit. I saw 'Death on the Nile' recently and that is set up almost exactly like Knives Out 2 but it pivots with its twist.

In Death of the Nile, the upset woman who shouldn't be isolated with the guests is in cahoots with the villain. In Glass Onion, the upset woman who shouldnt be isolated with the guests is in cahoots with the detective. I do think one could figure out the Death on the Nile plot pretty easily but I dont think anyone was guessing the Glass Onion twin sister twist.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I figured out, or at least strongly suspected, early on was what would lead to his ultimate and irrevocable downfall..that something was going to happen to the Mona Lisa while it was in his possession . But I never played those Clue type games, so I wasn't really trying to figure it out.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The secret sauce is

that its a power fantasy suggesting rich people are parasites.

Knives Out was about old money, Glass Onion about new money. Personally, I think the old money story seems a bit more on point. The MRA Twitch-streamer body-builder seems like a character a boomer would create, tbh. The 'disruptors' turning against the billionaire for redemption at the end is dumb. They all should have died in the explosion...although the explosion happening in the first place is dumb. And no one knowing their associate had a twin sister is kinda dumb. The envelope being kept and also the envelope getting burned is dumb. The whole thing is contrived. Knives Out felt smarter. Knives Out also really saved its best joke for the end. Glass Onion had jokes throughout imo but none as good as how Knives Out ended.
Bautista wasn’t really was boomers think though. I took him as Andrew Tate.