• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Batman (2022)

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how have I never heard that the magical, feud-breaking MARTHA Wayne was actually an Arkham? Has that ever been mentioned in a live-action Batman telling, ever? I actually had to rewind that mention multiple times to make sure I heard it right.
Yeah, I caught that.
Makes sense if Wayne and Arkham are the two most recognizable names for different reasons.

I thought it might be more of a nod than an actual plot device down the line.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how have I never heard that the magical, feud-breaking MARTHA Wayne was actually an Arkham? Has that ever been mentioned in a live-action Batman telling, ever? I actually had to rewind that mention multiple times to make sure I heard it right.

Yeah, I caught that.
Makes sense if Wayne and Arkham are the two most recognizable names for different reasons.

I thought it might be more of a nod than an actual plot device down the line.

In the main comics continuity and most other Batman media, Martha Wayne was born in the Kane family.

However, this film is largely based on the alternate Earth One continuity of the comics, in which she is from the Arkham family instead.

So her being an Arkham is indeed sourced from the comics, just an alternate instead of the main continuity.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Discovery needs to let DC be it’s own thing with no interference from Warner. Reeve’s Batman was solid and the anti Marvel crap fans like. With how Reeve’s shot it, HBOMax could have a legit series with Pattinson’s Bruce Wayne figuring himself out and go from emo entitled brat to more of the Michael Keaton/Christian Bale style Bruce Wayne.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Discovery needs to let DC be it’s own thing with no interference from Warner. Reeve’s Batman was solid and the anti Marvel crap fans like. With how Reeve’s shot it, HBOMax could have a legit series with Pattinson’s Bruce Wayne figuring himself out and go from emo entitled brat to more of the Michael Keaton/Christian Bale style Bruce Wayne.
While I liked The Batman in the theaters, I thought the rewatch on HBO Max was a bit dark to really see everything.
I'd like to see if Reeves has any ideas for an actual TV series.

While a show like Gotham was so much more campier, I think there is still a lot of material to focus on his earlier years.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I liked The Batman in the theaters, I thought the rewatch on HBO Max was a bit dark to really see everything.
I'd like to see if Reeves has any ideas for an actual TV series.

While a show like Gotham was so much more campier, I think there is still a lot of material to focus on his earlier years.
I rewatched on HBOMax last night and came away with two options, either he needs to be put in charge of DC if they get their own studios because reports are AT&T and now Discovery have different views on DC as opposed to the dumbasses at Warner. Or second, the movie sets up perfectly for a HBO series where it follows the growth of Bruce Wayne from emo to every other spoiled rich kid Bruce I have ever read or seen.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rewatched on HBOMax last night and came away with two options, either he needs to be put in charge of DC if they get their own studios because reports are AT&T and now Discovery have different views on DC as opposed to the dumbasses at Warner. Or second, the movie sets up perfectly for a HBO series where it follows the growth of Bruce Wayne from emo to every other spoiled rich kid Bruce I have ever read or seen.
I doubt Pattinson would sign on for a TV series.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoyed this movie... but my biggest complaint, there is not many Batman detective movies, i wish he seemed more competent of a detective in this... he is supposed to be a great detective...

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to know how the Riddler got a hold of all that sensitive/secret info.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoyed this movie... but my biggest complaint, there is not many Batman detective movies, i wish he seemed more competent of a detective in this... he is supposed to be a great detective...

I think the hope is that improves in future films. Hes very early in his career in this one, think they wanted to make him very amateurish. Which definitely came across.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the hope is that improves in future films. Hes very early in his career in this one, think they wanted to make him very amateurish. Which definitely came across.

I agree. And that is great if you have another detective Batman movie. But the riddler is one of the best detective Batman villains.

Also they hinted at the end of this one that the joker would be the villain in the next one. Which is kind of disappointing.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched it. I'm still trying to understand the opening scene. Why does the mayor get knocked down by two assailants and then gets up like nothing happened?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. And that is great if you have another detective Batman movie. But the riddler is one of the best detective Batman villains.

Also they hinted at the end of this one that the joker would be the villain in the next one. Which is kind of disappointing.

I don't think Joker will be the next villain and I believe Reeves as stated as much. The joker reveal was more of a tease for the future and also to show more of Batman being relatively new but also already catching some big game.

I think the Joker set up is to potentially use in the upcoming Arkham series and also potential for a few movies down the road as maybe a big bad on the side pulling a lot of these guys strings as more join him in lock up/a potential mass break out.

I'd be stunned if hes the villain of #2. Personally I am hoping for Mr. Freeze. They definitely teased Hush pretty on the nose. And I belive Reeves has stated he would like to use Calendar Man.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Pattinson would sign on for a TV series.
It would be worth a shot though. Hollywood is on life support right now. With his performance on the Batman, once all the merger stuff gets settled out he should be offered a ridiculous amount of money for at a minimum 5 movies but also include in there a tv show. The show should be about the growth from his emo Bruce to the Bruce Bale played. Or a Batman and Titans hybrid would be perfect. Then you can set up excitement for the next DC movie. Like old school wrestling formula where you have your big show, then go do tv to hype up the big show

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to know how the Riddler got a hold of all that sensitive/secret info.
Was he tied to the reporter who erfused to drop the story and was killed because of it? I can't front. I watched it a couple nights ago at my sister's. I was not impressed, but I also nodded olf a couple times Though after reading a couple comments here. i guess him starting out as an insufferable ass could play. Some of the shit that went down though was very un-Batman-like. That wreck/explosion on the freeway for example. Batman can suffer from some serious tunnel vision at times. Not giving a fuck at the time was a bad look. So was having to have that cipher be correctly interpreted by Penguin. I hated his suit as well. Only Batman suit I didn't like. It had a very Shoot me in my completely unprotected chin n mouth area to it.. That chest plate and stomach area was a mothafucker.. They took on multiple attacks

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoyed it. I was a little nervous about it being 3 hours long, but found myself wanting more of the movie with each passing minute. Really enjoyed the performances. Pattinson was great, Dano, the guy that played Gordon. Very much liked Colin Ferrell’s Penguin.

Can’t wait to see more of this Batman universe.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watching this
5 minutes in and off to a bad start with an idiots black woman wanting to defund the police and getting cheered

Hopefully it gets better

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watching this
5 minutes in and off to a bad start with an idiots black woman wanting to defund the police and getting cheered

Hopefully it gets better
That fits in Gotham, though. In a city that loves crime, they don’t want the police to be funded.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That fits in Gotham, though. In a city that loves crime, they don’t want the police to be funded.

I mean her argument is there’s too much crime, so let’s defund the police….

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but...you know the cops in Gotham are crooked and in bed with the criminals...so why fund that?