• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin love will consider opting out for LA

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right! It's a conspiracy keeping the Cavs from their first NBA Championship. Hang in there bud!

Son of a beach!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah...CELTICS IN SEVEN!!!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink.

Well duh DJ!! Ya gotta lead that horse to fresh water...not to the damn Pacific Ocean dude!!

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My question made more sense than your question since my question supported my previous comment about no income tax states. You named some teams that win but winning games in the regular season is not the same as winning championships.

You never answered my question by the way.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Dude, be real! Its been one damn year."

It's been several years since the Lakers signed a big name free agent. Nash and Howard were trades and Howard left as soon as he could. He's one of the best Centers in the NBA and he didn't want to be there.

:L:L:L:L:L:L

It's really amazing, how every argument we have about Lakers moves, someone states, "When was the last time the Lakers signed a big name free agent?" Smh!

Hopefully, this is the last time Lakers fans will have to explain.

You see, there is this thing called "Salary Cap" and you have to have enough money under the cap to sign big name free agents. Now, the Lakers, were always over the cap, so the only chance they could get a big name, was through trades. That's why they never signed a big name free agent. This sumner was the first time the Lakers were under the cap, since slice bread was created.

Now, watch in the future, someone else will make that dumb statement again.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ain't it hilarious L+USC?

Hoople.....When were the Lakers supposed to sign big time free agents when they were capped out and winning titles?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question made more sense than your question since my question supported my previous comment about no income tax states. You named some teams that win but winning games in the regular season is not the same as winning championships.

You never answered my question by the way.

Your correlation does not equal causation though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't a single free agent in the world that wouldn't test the free agency pool if multiple suitors are out there.

The Lakers will make a pitch to Love and he will listen.

What happens next... well, who knows? We'll probably find out in 10 months time!

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't a single free agent in the world that wouldn't test the free agency pool if multiple suitors are out there.

The Lakers will make a pitch to Love and he will listen.

What happens next... well, who knows? We'll probably find out in 10 months time!

YEAH. Love will use other teams as leverage to get the most he can on a 1 or 2 year contract... getting himself set up for 2017 like LBJ did. But he's not going to go to LA and waste the next 2-4 years (or longer) if he's serious about winning.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously hope he actually goes to L.A. It'd be great to see Lebron' latest self-crafted video game team implode and have Love ship out after Cleveland handed over Wiggens for a Love rental.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YEAH. Love will use other teams as leverage to get the most he can on a 1 or 2 year contract... getting himself set up for 2017 like LBJ did. But he's not going to go to LA and waste the next 2-4 years (or longer) if he's serious about winning.

Or it could be sooner than your timeline. You never know what can happen in professional sports and the Lakers will have a ton of cap space next season and even more the following when Kobe comes off the book.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last year disproves your post. Let's see what next summer brings and then we will get a better idea. This summer nobody wanted to join Kobe and one guy actually left and went to Houston.

I'd think that current starts prefer to avoid playing with Kobe at this stage of his career, when he just doesn't play at superstar level anymore but he doesn't want to accept it and defer to other players. But he will retire sooner rather than later, and at that point the Lakers become a prime destination again.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L:L:L:L:L:L

It's really amazing, how every argument we have about Lakers moves, someone states, "When was the last time the Lakers signed a big name free agent?" Smh!

Hopefully, this is the last time Lakers fans will have to explain.

You see, there is this thing called "Salary Cap" and you have to have enough money under the cap to sign big name free agents. Now, the Lakers, were always over the cap, so the only chance they could get a big name, was through trades. That's why they never signed a big name free agent. This sumner was the first time the Lakers were under the cap, since slice bread was created.

Now, watch in the future, someone else will make that dumb statement again.

The last big name player that wanted to team up with Kobe: Steve Nash, 2013, before they even traded for Howard. Nash was still considered one of the best PG's and wanted to take a final stab at a championship before the end of his career. A freak leg injury kept him from his goal.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you explain the Clippers, Warriors and even the Kings so far this season being competitive?

Kings is a little understanding but other than that... Seriously though? Lol

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toss up really IMO. David lee is injured like he often is. Barnes 8 points a game. a 1st round pick is still late 20s at best. Klay Thompson even though improved isn't worth it straight up for love

Way to much IMO. Barnes is a quality player under Kerr. Can't say that about jackson

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might be playing Cleveland for a maximum contract, but one thing is for sure. The Lakers is a storied franchise and a history for greatness. At one point the Celtics fiercely dominated the NBA, but when Dr Jerry Buss took over and took the Lakers to the finals 8 or 9 times in the 80'S, and 10 championships since 1980 - the Lakers are definitely the greatest basketball team in the world. It is an honor and a privilege to play for the Lakers

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might be playing Cleveland for a maximum contract, but one thing is for sure. The Lakers is a storied franchise and a history for greatness. At one point the Celtics fiercely dominated the NBA, but when Dr Jerry Buss took over and took the Lakers to the finals 8 or 9 times in the 80'S, and 10 championships since 1980 - the Lakers are definitely the greatest basketball team in the world. It is an honor and a privilege to play for the Lakers

The Spurs and Lakers have definitely been the cream of the crop over the last 20 years. But right now the Lakers have no stars for the future other than possibly a young rookie with a broken leg who is unproven. So the cream of the next 10 years should be interesting.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, what part? I'm originally from Akron but got the hell outta there once & for all years ago.
Wasn't Sugar an Akron native?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs and Lakers have definitely been the cream of the crop over the last 20 years. But right now the Lakers have no stars for the future other than possibly a young rookie with a broken leg who is unproven. So the cream of the next 10 years should be interesting.
The NBA lacks parity.