• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin love will consider opting out for LA

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think he will really leave the best player on the planet. :laugh3:

No way in hell. He has everything he wants in Cleveland and is playing with Lebron. Bron will convince him, there is nobody better at selling than Bron.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way in hell. He has everything he wants in Cleveland and is playing with Lebron. Bron will convince him, there is nobody better at selling than Bron.

You have no idea what Love's aspirations are. Who's to say Lebron will be the best player in the league in the coming years? If not Durant, then Anthony Davis will likely claim that title.

LooseChange

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This fuggin' guy, I tell ya. It's funny Kevin Love chose #0 in Cleveland...0 as in how many playoff appearances he has.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have no idea what Love's aspirations are. Who's to say Lebron will be the best player in the league in the coming years? If not Durant, then Anthony Davis will likely claim that title.

He isn't slowing down anytime soon, although KD is right there already. Davis is becoming a beast, but all-around Lebron still has a lot left.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't news......we knew this when he wanted out of Minny. This is why I don't get why they passed on the GS deal that was on the table.......he'd have gone there and signed an extension immediately. The guy WANTS to be in Cali......it wasn't some state secret.

Its where he lives and works out in the offseason. He damn near lives on the UCLA campus.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics fans with the extreme negative view of the current Lakers situation....no surprise there.

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics fans with the extreme negative view of the current Lakers situation....no surprise there.

Personally I don't see it as a negative view as much as a realistic view. I think the Lakers want to rebuild a little more organically this time and use the draft more. This process takes a little time. Ainge has gone more that route now also as compared to the Big 3 era where he picked up Allen and Garnet via Free Agency.

The goal is to acquire a bunch of young talented (cheap) players and then add to that core groupe via free agency. It's the way to go under the new CBA because you can only lock up Free Agents for 4 years w/o Bird rights. So get a young developing core in place and then peruse the free agent market.

The Lakers are heading in the right direction. It's just going to take a little longer than most Laker fans seem to understand. Of course if Lebron and Love decided they didn't want to play with Kyrie Irving and decided to come to LA instead then things could change quickly, lol. But as it is the Lakers are a few years away from sniffing the Finals again. That's just being realistic and not hating.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are trying to do both; rebuild through the draft and through free agency. They aren't hoarding that cap space for youth. They have some young talented players. Ed Davis can play. I do think Randle will be a very effective player. Unfortunately they're setback a season of his development. I agree they are few years away from sniffing the Finals, but things aren't as dire as some want to believe.

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are trying to do both; rebuild through the draft and through free agency. They aren't hoarding that cap space for youth. They have some young talented players. Ed Davis can play. I do think Randle will be a very effective player. Unfortunately they're setback a season of his development. I agree they are few years away from sniffing the Finals, but things aren't as dire as some want to believe.
It all comes down to where the stars want to go play. If an LBJ wants to play for you then your team becomes a contender. You can say that about a few guys like Durant, Anthony Davis, Lebron, Howard...etc

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nobody has everything they want in Cleveland. Especially someone who isn't from there. As i post this it's 37 degrees in Cleveland. Damn near 70 in Los angeles.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Jim Buss has made some mistakes, but not nearly as many as he gets blamed for. His 2 biggest mistakes were coaching hires. He hired Mike Brown when he could have had Adelman and he hired D'Antoni when he could have had Phil. Btw, while those were his hires, they were signed off on by Dr. Buss.

It wasn't his fault that the league vetoed the CP3 deal. It also wasn't his fault that the Dwight/Nash trade didn't work out. At the time, everyone said it put the Lakers right back in contention. It didn't work out. That happens sometimes.

Jim has said that he and Mitch have a 3 year plan (which started this year) and that he will step down if it doesn't work. In interviews, Jeanie has indicated that she will hold him to that (she ultimately has control of the team). All things considered, they did a solid job this past off-season. It doesn't show on the court (and probably won't much this year) but they did. At the very least, they seem to have gotten the right coach and picked up a couple of young guys who look like they will be solid players.

Best case, the 3 year plan works and the Lakers are back in the thick of things in a couple of years. Worst case, it doesn't work, Jim steps down and we have to wait an additional couple of seasons to get things turned around.

You have to stop using that CP3 deal as a crutch. Two other teams were involved in that failed trade and they are well on their way to recovery.

Houston landed Howard and Harden and the Pelicans landed Ryan Anderson, Holiday, Asik AFTER Lord Stern stuck the deal down.

The cold hard truth is that Jim Buss sucks.

He let his ego get in the way of business and the Lakers are in free fall.

You can't make sewer water into wine.

Ps. CP3 clearly is not the cure all:L.

Between Blake's brain farts and his underwhelming play * that blown layup hurt as bad as that BG32 Chris Webber Moment *, Lob City is in need of an intervention.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to stop using that CP3 deal as a crutch. Two other teams were involved in that failed trade and they are well on their way to recovery.

Houston landed Howard and Harden and the Pelicans landed Ryan Anderson, Holiday, Asik AFTER Lord Stern stuck the deal down.

The cold hard truth is that Jim Buss sucks.

He let his ego get in the way of business and the Lakers are in free fall.

You can't make sewer water into wine.

Ps. CP3 clearly is not the cure all:L.

Between Blake's brain farts and his underwhelming play * that blown layup hurt as bad as that BG32 Chris Webber Moment *, Lob City is in need of an intervention.
:agree:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody has everything they want in Cleveland. Especially someone who isn't from there. As i post this it's 37 degrees in Cleveland. Damn near 70 in Los angeles.

I would freeze for a much better chance at winning now

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After Minnesota weather Cleveland probably feels pretty good to Love.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the World would Kevin Love or any other free agent want to go to the Lakers? Kobe will be gone after next year. At least that's what he said. They're going to have nothing. Heck the Suns have their 1st round pick this year.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the World would Kevin Love or any other free agent want to go to the Lakers? Kobe will be gone after next year. At least that's what he said. They're going to have nothing. Heck the Suns have their 1st round pick this year.

Nothing huh? :L