• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin love will consider opting out for LA

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laker fans are the ones that are consistently naive. Over the last several years I've heard over and over how they are going to quickly rebuild and reload and be competing for titles again. People have asked for the last couple of years "who are the Lakers going to get that will turn things around?" and no real answers come out. Just more "Just you wait and see!".

So when you talk about naive you need to look internally my friend.

Several years? Last season was the first season the Lakers were bad.

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most players dont make it to free agency, but occasionally, occasionally they do. Last year was the gold mine, and for about ten days it was crazy. I was in Alaska in the wild fishing. We had a satellite radio and once a day we powered it up to hear sports news.

There to me seems to be two free agents over the next few years who might get to free agency, maybe, and thats Brow and KD. In both cases I suspect a trade in advance, which is typical, but who knows, maybe something flukey could happen.

No team can talk about free agency as a way to rebuild, because its roullette. And no reasonably intelligent GM would rely on that approach. Its about building your assets

Most of the time we don't see true free agency like Howard did because players don't get to keep their bird rights in that scenario. Plus their current team doesn't get any benefits of a sign&trade.

More often than not intelligent GMs bite the bullet and just trade players where they want to go and get some assets back that way. It becomes a win-win-win situation that way. The new team, the player and the old team all benefit. This is why we rarely see guys in pure free agency.

I still can't believe the Laker management were so hard headed when they could have improved the team instead of putting up "STAY DWIGHT!" posters everywhere, lol.

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several years? Last season was the first season the Lakers were bad.

Laker fans have been talking that way for a while now. The next big deal was right around the corner to put the Lakers back into contention again.

The Lakers barely made the playoffs the year before last. I wouldn't call that a good team then either.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see only two franchise like players who can turn a club around in pretty much one swoop as I mentioned earlier. I do expect the pelicans to get lots of proposals. Will they retain him? Would he want to leave? Same with KD. If I am then I get an extension done soon or.......start preparing like Minny for a boat load of assets from some other team

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis is a restricted free agent in 2016. more than likely he extends that rookie contract, like most do. I don't see him being an unrestricted free agent until several years down the road. KD will be unrestricted though.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laker fans have been talking that way for a while now. The next big deal was right around the corner to put the Lakers back into contention again.

The Lakers barely made the playoffs the year before last. I wouldn't call that a good team then either.

No Lakers fan last summer felt they were going to sign a big name free agent. Everyone I know felt this would be another down year. Not as bad as last season, but certainly nothing close to being a contender.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have the Brow, he is impossible to replace, nothing against KD.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Going to the Lakers, no, that's not [true]," Love said. "I don't know where somebody got that."

Why would love have any interest in missing the playoffs time after time after time? He just got out of minne and then would go suck in LA?

Having said that- at this time last year who would've thought (besides me) that love lebron and kyrie would all be together while the lakers are just not even close to realistic other good teams will have cap room. If the Cavs make the finals or win it all this is of course a dead issue. But if they don't and there a great situation then why wouldn't he look?

I feel confident though that there is no better situation especially since the Cavs will have a lot of assets to add even more to the team in the offseason.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have the Brow, he is impossible to replace, nothing against KD.

So would I. He's on his way to being the best player in the league. Big difference though being a restricted versus unrestricted free agent. Most likely going to be awhile until Brow is unrestricted.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would love have any interest in missing the playoffs time after time after time? He just got out of minne and then would go suck in LA?

You automatically assume that they Lakers would still suck if they added Love next summer and maybe some other pieces?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the time we don't see true free agency like Howard did because players don't get to keep their bird rights in that scenario. Plus their current team doesn't get any benefits of a sign&trade.

More often than not intelligent GMs bite the bullet and just trade players where they want to go and get some assets back that way. It becomes a win-win-win situation that way. The new team, the player and the old team all benefit. This is why we rarely see guys in pure free agency.

I still can't believe the Laker management were so hard headed when they could have improved the team instead of putting up "STAY DWIGHT!" posters everywhere, lol.

Very true. You have to know when to fold a losing hand. Instead the lakers doubled down and got burned. I'm still really pissed randle got hurt. I really wanted to see him play. I like his game. Sucks for the lakers his development is pushed back a year

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You automatically assume that they Lakers would still suck if they added Love next summer and maybe some other pieces?

You think with love and an ancient Kobe you would do anything in the west ? Really? Love had at least some decebt pieces in minne and never got over .500.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle 's injury helps LA IMO when you look out 3 to 5 years. They will get a high pick this year, and if they can get in top 5 then they have a second solid player. Still sucks but maybe he uses this time to start working on a jumpshot.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think with love and an ancient Kobe you would do anything in the west ? Really? Love had at least some decebt pieces in minne and never got over .500.

Nothing decent on the Lakers compared to what Minnesota had? Give me a break.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle 's injury helps LA IMO when you look out 3 to 5 years. They will get a high pick this year, and if they can get in top 5 then they have a second solid player. Still sucks but maybe he uses this time to start working on a jumpshot.

They have to be in the top 5 or they don't get the pick. So, in that sense, losing Randle helps. But it's not a good thing. It would have been much better to have this season of development and see if he truly can be a stud in this league.

BTW, he was working on his jumpshot all summer. Kind of hard to do now with a broken leg.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but he will have all next year to work on it. It will be a top 5 pick IMO

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Lakers fan last summer felt they were going to sign a big name free agent. Everyone I know felt this would be another down year. Not as bad as last season, but certainly nothing close to being a contender.

Nonsense. I saw Laker fans saying it all year on other forums. I wasn't here so I don't know what was said here. But in some other forums some Laker fans were pushing the same tired line about the lakers reloading quickly. They could never answer the question of who they would be able to get to put with Kobe to turn things around.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nonsense. I saw Laker fans saying it all year on other forums. I wasn't here so I don't know what was said here. But in some other forums some Laker fans were pushing the same tired line about the lakers reloading quickly. They could never answer the question of who they would be able to get to put with Kobe to turn things around.

If it didn't happen on this forum, it didn't happen. I've told you before that no one gives a shit what you claim you saw on other forums. If you can't back up your claim, don't make it. I'm not warning you about this shit again.

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it didn't happen on this forum, it didn't happen. I've told you before that no one gives a shit what you claim you saw on other forums. If you can't back up your claim, don't make it. I'm not warning you about this shit again.

Warning me? Who the hell are you, lol. I will say what I saw so pipe down.

I'm telling you what people were saying on other forums. You can still see some of that mindset on this form. Laker fans still have some level of denial going on. They still aren't grasping just how bad their situation is yet.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warning me? Who the hell are you, lol. I will say what I saw so pipe down.

I'm telling you what people were saying on other forums. You can still see some of that mindset on this form. Laker fans still have some level of denial going on. They still aren't grasping just how bad their situation is yet.

Lakers fans are well aware that they are in a valley right now. Who is denying that?