• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin love will consider opting out for LA

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all comes down to where the stars want to go play. If an LBJ wants to play for you then your team becomes a contender. You can say that about a few guys like Durant, Anthony Davis, Lebron, Howard...etc

And the Lakers will be in position next summer and the summer after that to sign the big name free agents. Regardless of what some say, the Lakers are still a popular destination. Just because Dwight bolted doesn't mean no one wants to play there.

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the World would Kevin Love or any other free agent want to go to the Lakers? Kobe will be gone after next year. At least that's what he said. They're going to have nothing. Heck the Suns have their 1st round pick this year.

The Lakers will keep their pick this year if it's a top 5 pick.

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Lakers will be in position next summer and the summer after that to sign the big name free agents. Regardless of what some say, the Lakers are still a popular destination. Just because Dwight bolted doesn't mean no one wants to play there.

Who will become available this summer that the Lakers can sign?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please tell us what's so bright about the Lakers future? I remember Jerry West telling Bill McDonald that this could happen to the Lakers. McDonald laughed. Hey Bill, Jerry knows what he's talking about.

They're in a valley right now, no doubt. They have some nice young players and cap space though. I wouldn't say they have nothing. You are being a bit extreme.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers will keep their pick this year if it's a top 5 pick.

Gee who will be their savior? Their pick in the 2014 draft is helping them so much this year. Sorry, but the top UFA's other than Carmelo go to teams they believe can win quickly. The Lakers aren't that team. Kobe won't make it any easier to sign UFA's during the offseason again either.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who will become available this summer that the Lakers can sign?

There's a list of 2015 Free Agents out there. I'm not saying they will be successful in signing any of them, but they'll be in position to be able to do so.

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee who will be their savior? Their pick in the 2014 draft is helping them so much this year. Sorry, but the top UFA's other than Carmelo go to teams they believe can win quickly. The Lakers aren't that team. Kobe won't make it any easier to sign UFA's during the offseason again either.

Hey I wasn't trying to interupt your hate fest. I was just letting you know that the Lakers would probably keep their pick this year because they are so bad.

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a list of 2015 Free Agents out there. I'm not saying they will be successful in signing any of them, but they'll be in position to be able to do so.

I know Love and LBJ may be available. Not sure who else.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gasol, Rondo, Aldridge. Rumor is they will going hard after Rondo.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Love and LBJ may be available. Not sure who else.

LBJ has got to finish his career in cleveland. He only has opt outs because they expect the cap to either go away or jump big time and he wants to make sure he is the highest paid player in the game.

Love on the other hand gave his word he would extend with cleveland, pretty sure they did not expect this one and done or would not have given up so much to get him. I thought they had already worked out an extension.

Shame on the cavs if they didnt.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the media attention he's been getting led Love to debunk the other stories that have had people talking about him this week. He went ahead and killed two birds with one stone.
"Whatever [people assumed] we were doing with our hands was about as true as me going to the Lakers," Love said. "I mean, I don't know why it was so hard for people to realize that we were actually curling our mustache. I guess because I had my fingers in the wrong place. Looking at the tape, film don't lie, it looks like we are doing something bad, but that wasn't the case."
Love has an early termination option in his contract that many assume he will exercise this summer in order to sign a new deal. But even if he goes that route, he wanted to be clear that he hasn't made his mind up about leaving the Cavs at this point.
"Going to the Lakers, no, that's not [true]," Love said. "I don't know where somebody got that."
Despite having to run through the rumor mill for the day, Love had an easygoing attitude about it all, at least outwardly.
"It's the world we live in now," Love said. "Stuff like that can happen."

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Don't believe the lies! Everyone wants to be a Laker!" --Laker fans

Bro, stop being so naive. Rather the rumor is true or not, no player is going to admit to it. You think, while playing for the Cavs, Love is going to come out and say, "Year im opting out and will consider going to the Lakers."

I expected an answer like that from Love, although, he can be telling the truth.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the discussion love said he has potential to become a free agent this summer or next. He didn't mention his verbal agreement to resign in Cleveland. Maybe reading too much into it. But if resigning was solid would think he mentions that instead of possibly being a free agent

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro, stop being so naive. Rather the rumor is true or not, no player is going to admit to it. You think, while playing for the Cavs, Love is going to come out and say, "Year im opting out and will consider going to the Lakers."

I expected an answer like that from Love, although, he can be telling the truth.

Laker fans are the ones that are consistently naive. Over the last several years I've heard over and over how they are going to quickly rebuild and reload and be competing for titles again. People have asked for the last couple of years "who are the Lakers going to get that will turn things around?" and no real answers come out. Just more "Just you wait and see!".

So when you talk about naive you need to look internally my friend.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most players dont make it to free agency, but occasionally, occasionally they do. Last year was the gold mine, and for about ten days it was crazy. I was in Alaska in the wild fishing. We had a satellite radio and once a day we powered it up to hear sports news.

There to me seems to be two free agents over the next few years who might get to free agency, maybe, and thats Brow and KD. In both cases I suspect a trade in advance, which is typical, but who knows, maybe something flukey could happen.

No team can talk about free agency as a way to rebuild, because its roullette. And no reasonably intelligent GM would rely on that approach. Its about building your assets

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love has an early termination option in his contract that many assume he will exercise this summer in order to sign a new deal. But even if he goes that route, he wanted to be clear that he hasn't made his mind up about leaving the Cavs at this point.

That's interesting. So, we were told that he verbally informed the Cavs that he would resign. Now he wants to make it clear that he hasn't made up his mind. I think he stays in Cleveland, but there doesn't seem to be any guarantee that he will.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most players dont make it to free agency, but occasionally, occasionally they do. Last year was the gold mine, and for about ten days it was crazy. I was in Alaska in the wild fishing. We had a satellite radio and once a day we powered it up to hear sports news.

There to me seems to be two free agents over the next few years who might get to free agency, maybe, and thats Brow and KD. In both cases I suspect a trade in advance, which is typical, but who knows, maybe something flukey could happen.

No team can talk about free agency as a way to rebuild, because its roullette. And no reasonably intelligent GM would rely on that approach. Its about building your assets

It's a harder route under the current CBA, but free agency is still a big part of the process.