• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin love has contacted cle that he is returning

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news and bad news for Cavs. Most likely say by to TT. Good news your trade for wiggins isn't a total waste, bad news you will lose TT one of the best rebounders in the league and plays better D then Love.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you guys acting like Love is the best, most needed piece when you just made it to game 6 of the Finals without him?

Cavs made it to Game 6 of the Finals despite losing Love, not because of it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news and bad news for Cavs. Most likely say by to TT. Good news your trade for wiggins isn't a total waste, bad news you will lose TT one of the best rebounders in the league and plays better D then Love.

Uhh how are we losing TT? He will still get 35 minutes a game lol

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing Blair to TT is a little obsurd honestly

Of course it is absurd.
but it is not nearly as absurd as you think.

Thompson is a better player.
But, is he worth 5 or 6 times the salary as a Dajuan Blair type??

I am willing to bet Dajuan Blair has nearly identical numbers to Tristan Thompson if projected over (per 36 minutes). And his defensive ratings would be similar as well.

Dajuan Blair was a defensive liability who was an amazingly talented offensive rebounder.
The Spurs quickly realized that it was dumb to give starters minutes to a player like DB.

If Blair got Thompson minutes, he would probably come close to Thompson numbers.

That is why I think Cleveland must 100% sign Love.
They cannot simply think Tristan Thompson is the answer based on a few games in the post-season.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it is absurd.
but it is not nearly as absurd as you think.

Thompson is a better player.
But, is he worth 5 or 6 times the salary as a Dajuan Blair type??

I am willing to bet Dajuan Blair has nearly identical numbers to Tristan Thompson if projected over (per 36 minutes). And his defensive ratings would be similar as well.

Dajuan Blair was a defensive liability who was an amazingly talented offensive rebounder.
The Spurs quickly realized that it was dumb to give starters minutes to a player like DB.

If Blair got Thompson minutes, he would probably come close to Thompson numbers.

That is why I think Cleveland must 100% sign Love.
They cannot simply think Tristan Thompson is the answer based on a few games in the post-season.

I agree. He isnt worth that much but he does do more than Blair. The point is I dont think he is even worth the $13/year he turned down. More like $10 or 11 mil. Varajeo is a better offensive player than TT by far and he got $10. I know they are going to sign him but the more I think about it they could sign another player or even two that could help this team just as much. Not gonna happen though.
I dont know why he thinks he deserves max.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he meant that TT is your PF and Love gets replaced by a couple of Ariza types, each at $8 million per year.

Yeah, I feel the opposite way. Keep Love. If TT wants 15-16, that is way too much. Sign two guys with his contract.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that he is only 24 and has been very healthy so far, is another key factor you have to look at

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Spurs somehow do land Aldridge, Danny Green will be a legitimate "trevor ariza" type player available with a ton of playoff experience and great positive attitude.

Green is also friends with Lebron from his stint in Cleveland.

If the Spurs do pull off the Aldridge miracle, that loss will be tough to swallow as Green is a solid citizen and perfect Spurs type player.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Spurs somehow do land Aldridge, Danny Green will be a legitimate "trevor ariza" type player available with a ton of playoff experience and great positive attitude.

Green is also friends with Lebron from his stint in Cleveland.

If the Spurs do pull off the Aldridge miracle, that loss will be tough to swallow as Green is a solid citizen and perfect Spurs type player.

Cavs couldnt afford him unless he was involved in the Haywood deal or somehow didnt sign TT.

Green would be a big loss but Aldridge would excel in the Spurs system imo, a huge pickup

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree KYRIE is the reason they lost, I do think Love helps them space the floor more and TT doesnt. That's where Kyrie and Lebron thrive and with Lebron only on the court they dont have to cover TT at all. But TT also helped on defense and rebounding but lets not act like Love isnt a great rebounder himself. There are two sides to every story.
I saw the Cavs play their best basketball in the 2nd half of the season, not the playoffs. Guys stepped up and worked extremely hard in the playoffs. But a better team? I still dont buy it, they had no depth and that is the key. I still dont think TT deserves max but he is a really good player and the Cavs also need him.

I think the Cavs would go over the top with an Ariza type of player though

So, you think you'd be better with 2 Ariza type players or Love?
Cavs made it to Game 6 of the Finals despite losing Love, not because of it.

I agree with this 100%, but because that did happen, then the possibility is real that they possibly could be better adding 2 solid 8-10M guys instead of Love.

I also agree with Shane 100% that I'd rather keep Love over Tristan, but I'm assuming that James is going to make sure he gets paid around the 15M range which is more than I think any other team will pay him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you think you'd be better with 2 Ariza type players or Love?

I agree with this 100%, but because that did happen, then the possibility is real that they possibly could be better adding 2 solid 8-10M guys instead of Love.

I also agree with Shane 100% that I'd rather keep Love over Tristan, but I'm assuming that James is going to make sure he gets paid around the 15M range which is more than I think any other team will pay him.

I love TT. It is hard to find players that get limited minutes and give the effort he does and he is only 24. But 15-16 mil is a lot to pay for this type of player, no way around it. They could get two solid $8 mil dollar guys for him. I kinda have mixed feelings on it.

I would take Love over TT, is what I am saying. Love will get about $5 more a year than TT probably

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhh how are we losing TT? He will still get 35 minutes a game lol
yah...the Cavs are not letting Thompson go even if Love resigns for 5 years. They have no way of replacing a talent like Thompson- and the cap goes way up next year- and gilbert is perfectly willing to pay some crazy tax for a year.

Thompson wants to be back too- and Thompson and Love are going to each get 30+ minutes a game. Mozgov will probably get like 20 minutes a game...and VArejao will probably get around 15- unless one guy gets hurt- or one guy is banged up or they want to rest a guy, or the matchup dictates, etc.....

everyone is gonna get paid, everyone is going to win at a high level on the Cavs so hopefully they figure out the best way to dole out minutes. They have 4 very good big men.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 players have averaged 20 and 10 the last 3 seasons

Love, Cousins, Aldridge

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah...the Cavs are not letting Thompson go even if Love resigns for 5 years. They have no way of replacing a talent like Thompson- and the cap goes way up next year- and gilbert is perfectly willing to pay some crazy tax for a year.

Thompson wants to be back too- and Thompson and Love are going to each get 30+ minutes a game. Mozgov will probably get like 20 minutes a game...and VArejao will probably get around 15- unless one guy gets hurt- or one guy is banged up or they want to rest a guy, or the matchup dictates, etc.....

everyone is gonna get paid, everyone is going to win at a high level on the Cavs so hopefully they figure out the best way to dole out minutes. They have 4 very good big men.

They will figure it out eventually, probably take some time. I expect Love and TT to get high minutes, which makes perfect sense. Mozgov still good minutes but 5-7 minutes lower than those two. Varajeo's drop considerably and I hope he even realizes it needs to. He only needs to be out there for 15-20 tops unless like you said injuries, rest, etc.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ averaged better the last two seasons and killed them last season with his average of 15 rebounds a game. He only averaged 11 points a game last season but considering he was the 3rd option on his team that's pretty good. I would only imagine those numbers would climb if he can get on a team that actually runs plays for him on offense.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ averaged better the last two seasons and killed them last season with his average of 15 rebounds a game. He only averaged 11 points a game last season but considering he was the 3rd option on his team that's pretty good. I would only imagine those numbers would climb if he can get on a team that actually runs plays for him on offense.
I suppose Love's 16.5 points as the 3rd option were not impressive since he was on the CAvs right?

Love had a "bad" season with the Cavs even though he went for 16.5 and 10-one of I believe 6 players in the league to average a double double---- and him kyrie and lebron together were 34-3 down the stretch...

the Cavs should let him go though ...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose Love's 16.5 points as the 3rd option were not impressive since he was on the CAvs right?

Love had a "bad" season with the Cavs even though he went for 16.5 and 10-one of I believe 6 players in the league to average a double double---- and him kyrie and lebron together were 34-3 down the stretch...

the Cavs should let him go though ...

I agree LOL
They should get a couple guys to make up for his $20 mil. Bargnani $6-7, Danny Green $10-12 :laugh3:

Love is a key to winning it all. Spreads the floor, it's obvious