• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Kolb is the answer

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets trade all of our draft picks for him just to get Alex Smith out of here.

That's pretty much what we heard at the other message board. lol Idiots!

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the answer that doesn't address the questions

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Kolb so far is doing exactly what I thought he would do and be an average QB and nothing special.

Definitely not worth the price tag or the hype that come behind him

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about McNabb while we are on the discussion?

The only QB we could have got that would be a nice upgrade right now is Matt Hasselbeck. So far the guy has been a top 10 QB this year. While Kolb does have better numbers than Alex Smith he is just barely out playing him. I think Kolb ranks 11 and Smith 13 in QB rating so far.

Do you know who the worst QB in the division is so far? Sam Bradford, he was suppose to be the best according to all the critics.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about McNabb while we are on the discussion?

The only QB we could have got that would be a nice upgrade right now is Matt Hasselbeck. So far the guy has been a top 10 QB this year. While Kolb does have better numbers than Alex Smith he is just barely out playing him. I think Kolb ranks 11 and Smith 13 in QB rating so far.

Do you know who the worst QB in the division is so far? Sam Bradford, he was suppose to be the best according to all the critics.

Kolb isn't even outplaying Alex Smith, did you see that TD pass to Fitzgerald in the Seahawks game? Just go to NFL.com and watch the video highlights. Kolb gets flushed out of the pocket to his left and just throws up a prayer to a double covered Fitzgerald... and Fitz does his thing and hauls it in. Without Fitz, Kolb is probably a 50 QB rating guy.

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kolb isn't even outplaying Alex Smith, did you see that TD pass to Fitzgerald in the Seahawks game? Just go to NFL.com and watch the video highlights. Kolb gets flushed out of the pocket to his left and just throws up a prayer to a double covered Fitzgerald... and Fitz does his thing and hauls it in. Without Fitz, Kolb is probably a 50 QB rating guy.

That play gave me flash backs to Troy Smith.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
One thing about the NFL I wish everyone would finally accept.....success is largely situational, this is most of all true with QBs. You are only as good as your teammates, coaches, and system. Its very rare to see a QB putting up efficient, pro bowl numbers on a bad team, and vice versa. Good teams make bad QBs look good WAY more often than good QBs make bad teams look good, but because the QB is the primary/only focal point for about 75% of NFL fans we get all this endless talk about their play determining their team's success.

The idea that Kolb was gonna come in and fix what was wrong with AZ was always a bad joke. He was going from one of the best situations to one of the worst, and his performance was going to reflect this. Take away that ridiculous TD catch yesterday and his day was very poor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lets trade all of our draft picks for him just to get Alex Smith out of here.

That's pretty much what we heard at the other message board. lol Idiots!

The difference between the two is that we've all seen Smith's ceiling, as far as we know Kolb hasn't hit his yet. (Really he might have hit it already) I believe the point is most of us were in total agreement with, isthat the 49ers should absolutely not give up a draft pick and a pro bowl player for a QB that could be just as bad if not worse than Alex Smith. It does absolutely no good to revisit this. It's a no win situation. At the end of the year Kolb will still be on the Cardinals and Smith will be moving on. And all "they" will do is drone on about Smith wasn't good enough to last or some other BS. "They" will most assuredly find another dead horse to beat.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kolb is awesome.

He cannot even beat the Seahawks who are probably the worst team in the league right now.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The moron on the ESPN board with 100 aliases also stated that the 49ers would have made the playoffs this year if the team acquired Donovan McNabb. Minnesota is 0-3 so far and McNabb is has been average at best.

Early to say how Kolb's season would turn out. Would not have minded if the 49ers had gotten him for the right price, but no way is he worth would Arizona gave away to get him.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is why i was saying smith was the best option for this season. especially factoring in the lockout

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hass would be a better qb...however with this offensive line we would be back to Alex because Hass would have been toted off in a stretcher week one.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was he a better option than Hasselbeck?

The only problem with that is that they did try to get Hasselbeck, the only thing we could argue is that they obviously didn't try hard enough. Although if his complaint was the offensive line, his decision has been somewhat validated so far... while some sacks are on Alex for acting like he has all the time in the world back there, some are also on the line for when Smith gets hit before he finishes his dropback.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most drop backs it seems if Smith is not throwing to his first target or hot route he's toast. Our offensive line is very rarely giving him time to find the 2nd let alone 3rd and 4th targets on passing plays.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem with that is that they did try to get Hasselbeck, the only thing we could argue is that they obviously didn't try hard enough. Although if his complaint was the offensive line, his decision has been somewhat validated so far... while some sacks are on Alex for acting like he has all the time in the world back there, some are also on the line for when Smith gets hit before he finishes his dropback.

Like I said a long time ago, I find it hard to believe that Hasselbeck didn't want to come here just because of the OL. He had a chance to stay on the Westcoast, stay in the division, play the Seahawks twice, and work in an offensive system he's familiar with, instead of moving all the way to Tennessee and play for a defensive minded HC. I think Harbaugh's allegiance to Smith very early in the process and possibly contract issues had more to do with the decision than simply our OL.