• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Kolb is the answer

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Like I said a long time ago, I find it hard to believe that Hasselbeck didn't want to come here just because of the OL. He had a chance to stay on the Westcoast, stay in the division, play the Seahawks twice, and work in an offensive system he's familiar with, instead of moving all the way to Tennessee and play for a defensive minded HC. I think Harbaugh's allegiance to Smith very early in the process and possibly contract issues had more to do with the decision than simply our OL.

I think all the things you listed above appealed to him which made it a tough decision and if he was a little younger I think we would've won out but he's probably looking at best 3 seasons and with it's OL and the ability to hand the ball off the Chris Johnson Tennessee just is more appealing short term than we were.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I should hide before I get called Cazic again.

:behindsofa:

Hahaha!!! I fricken love that sofa-guy!

As for the Cazic association, hell, at this point, I don't know if that would necessarily be a bad thing. I know I defended Smith for an embarrassingly long time.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see what Hass does with no Kenny Britt.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think hass would of been on the IR behind this O-line.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said a long time ago, I find it hard to believe that Hasselbeck didn't want to come here just because of the OL. He had a chance to stay on the Westcoast, stay in the division, play the Seahawks twice, and work in an offensive system he's familiar with, instead of moving all the way to Tennessee and play for a defensive minded HC. I think Harbaugh's allegiance to Smith very early in the process and possibly contract issues had more to do with the decision than simply our OL.

I think that falls under not trying hard enough. They didn't make it clear that he'd be the likely starter. Making him fight Smith for the job was pretty much a slap in the face, a guy with his credentials should have been the starter unless by some miracle Smith or Kaep took the job.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Making him fight Smith for the job was pretty much a slap in the face, a guy with his credentials should have been the starter unless by some miracle Smith or Kaep took the job.

Credentials like a QB rating 75 or under for three straight years heading into this one?

The people pulling their hair out watching Smith last couple years would probably have shot themselves if they had to root for Hass in this same time period. He has been worse in almost every conceivable way.....except for "looks like a QB" or "it factor" or whatever people are calling their silly gut reactions these days.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lets trade all of our draft picks for him just to get Alex Smith out of here.

That's pretty much what we heard at the other message board. lol Idiots!

I am still not sure about Kolb but doesn't he still look to be better than Smith? The Cards gave up a CB and a 2nd round pick for the guy.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One thing about the NFL I wish everyone would finally accept.....success is largely situational, this is most of all true with QBs. You are only as good as your teammates, coaches, and system. Its very rare to see a QB putting up efficient, pro bowl numbers on a bad team, and vice versa. Good teams make bad QBs look good WAY more often than good QBs make bad teams look good, but because the QB is the primary/only focal point for about 75% of NFL fans we get all this endless talk about their play determining their team's success.

The idea that Kolb was gonna come in and fix what was wrong with AZ was always a bad joke. He was going from one of the best situations to one of the worst, and his performance was going to reflect this. Take away that ridiculous TD catch yesterday and his day was very poor.

Which team makes Smith look above average?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Credentials like a QB rating 75 or under for three straight years heading into this one?

The people pulling their hair out watching Smith last couple years would probably have shot themselves if they had to root for Hass in this same time period. He has been worse in almost every conceivable way.....except for "looks like a QB" or "it factor" or whatever people are calling their silly gut reactions these days.

They'd be even more upset. I feel that if we had taken Hasselbeck three years ago because he at that point was better than pre-injury Smith (this is after the injury but we hadn't seen the post-injury Smith yet) - not logical to me, but under that hypothetical - people may have talked about how we went for an aging QB who then got 75 QB ratings when we had a young prospect in Smith with potential. People should be happy that we exhausted the option we have in Smith, got better play, and there will be some resolution to it next year.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nfl_a_kchancellor_dj_300.jpg

This might become one of my favorite pictures of the year.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing about the NFL I wish everyone would finally accept.....success is largely situational, this is most of all true with QBs. You are only as good as your teammates, coaches, and system. Its very rare to see a QB putting up efficient, pro bowl numbers on a bad team, and vice versa. Good teams make bad QBs look good WAY more often than good QBs make bad teams look good, but because the QB is the primary/only focal point for about 75% of NFL fans we get all this endless talk about their play determining their team's success.

The idea that Kolb was gonna come in and fix what was wrong with AZ was always a bad joke. He was going from one of the best situations to one of the worst, and his performance was going to reflect this. Take away that ridiculous TD catch yesterday and his day was very poor.

Can you list the QBs that look good because of their teams? The only example that I can think of might be Matt Cassel circia 2010, but how come his team isn't making him look good this year?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Can you list the QBs that look good because of their teams? The only example that I can think of might be Matt Cassel circia 2010, but how come his team isn't making him look good this year?

Well, you've got to admit there are certainly some QBs who have extremely good surrounding casts. That wouldn't be a knock, but it helps. Stafford & Shaub come to mind. I'd even add Brees & Matt Ryan. Carolina has some excellent offensive talent too, but it didn't come to fruition last year. Aaron Rogers is in a pretty good spot too.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

SUPER soft schedule last year. 30% of his TDs in 2 games. Den and Sea. Had a 75 yard TD on a 3rd and 19 where Bowe caught it at the marker and just turned up and ran it because TEN safeties are idiots. 2 guys missed him completely.
His OC is gone. Moeaki and Charles are gone.

That 93.0 rating he had was no doubt the most lame 93 rating in history. He only completed 58.2% of his passes. The avg was 60.8

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, you've got to admit there are certainly some QBs who have extremely good surrounding casts. That wouldn't be a knock, but it helps. Stafford & Shaub come to mind. I'd even add Brees & Matt Ryan. Carolina has some excellent offensive talent too, but it didn't come to fruition last year. Aaron Rogers is in a pretty good spot too.

So which of the QBs you listed are bad QBs who look good because of their cast?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Bad? None of 'em. I wasn't really making a counter arguement. These guys just have an easier time than most...

Whereas Jay Cutler got the screw job. He's probably in the worst QB situation in the NFL.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bad? None of 'em. I wasn't really making a counter arguement. These guys just have an easier time than most...

Whereas Jay Cutler got the screw job. He's probably in the worst QB situation in the NFL.

So basically you decided to chime in without having a point. Good to know.

This about space's statement that more teams make bad QBs look good than the other way around. I was curious to see his list of bad QBs who look good b/c of their team. No one is denying that some QBs have great supporting casts.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized that was a cheap attempt to discredit Stafford, Sick. ;)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

:redface:

I was curious to see his list of bad QBs who look good b/c of their team.

I'm gonna be a total jackass & say Matt Ryan 'cause he's on my bust list. :)

Oh, and far be it from me to discredit Stafford; I always thought he was a good QB. You know that. Just because I liked the Sanchize better doens't mean I didn't like Stafford (obviously I never liked him as much as you). But you have to admit he's been spoiled with his targets in both college and the pro's.

Last edited by a moderator:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:redface:

I was curious to see his list of bad QBs who look good b/c of their team.

I'm gonna be a total jackass & say Matt Ryan 'cause he's on my bust list. :)

Oh, and far be it from me to discredit Stafford; I always thought he was a good QB. You know that. Just because I liked the Sanchize better doens't mean I didn't like Stafford (obviously I never liked him as much as you). But you have to admit he's been spoiled with his targets in both college and the pro's.

Stafford was drafted by one of the worst teams ever, if not THE worst. Now he's spoiled?

And Staff carried that Georgia program. They haven't done shit since he left, even with a 5* recruit QB like Murray.