• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Kolb is the answer

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We already had one of those systems. Now, I wouldn't go as far as saying the system excels no matter who is under center... but a QB friendly system certainly doesn't fall off the map when the star QB gets injured.

I wouldn't even call it a system, as so much a QB friendly situation.

The 49ers had it when they kept winning games even with Bono or Grbac, while they moved on to the Chiefs and weren't nearly as successful as they were with the 49ers in substitution duties.

The Patriots certainly have this situation, Cassel proved it. The Eagles have this situation as well. He listed all the QBs who did well with the Eagles and haven't done quite so well away from Reid and his QB friendly environment.

is it the system or the quality of the other 10 or so players?

at one time i thought the Run-N-Shoot was the closest to being a "QB friendly system", but i quickly found out you still need QB skills, still need passing skills.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is it the system or the quality of the other 10 or so players?

at one time i thought the Run-N-Shoot was the closest to being a "QB friendly system", but i quickly found out you still need QB skills, still need passing skills.

It is a little of both. That is why I said that I'd rather call it a QB friendly situation.

Not only is the coaching staff very good and knowledgeable across the board, but the offensive line is stout in pass protection, and the skill players are good enough to carry the QB who is substituting for the injured starter. Then that brings us back to the coaching staff designing gameplans to the strength of the QB and the offense. Which almost makes it a "system"

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It is a little of both. That is why I said that I'd rather call it a QB friendly situation.

Not only is the coaching staff very good and knowledgeable across the board, but the offensive line is stout in pass protection, and the skill players are good enough to carry the QB who is substituting for the injured starter. Then that brings us back to the coaching staff designing gameplans to the strength of the QB and the offense. Which almost makes it a "system"

So it is the organization rather than an offensive system like the run and shoot or the WCO. It is a solid combination of coaching and front office personnel that creates a good environment for continued success by getting good players to fit a good offensive scheme.
It is really an organizational system, no? That makes sense to me.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We already had one of those systems. Now, I wouldn't go as far as saying the system excels no matter who is under center... but a QB friendly system certainly doesn't fall off the map when the star QB gets injured.

I wouldn't even call it a system, as so much a QB friendly situation.

The 49ers had it when they kept winning games even with Bono or Grbac, while they moved on to the Chiefs and weren't nearly as successful as they were with the 49ers in substitution duties.

The Patriots certainly have this situation, Cassel proved it. The Eagles have this situation as well. He listed all the QBs who did well with the Eagles and haven't done quite so well away from Reid and his QB friendly environment.

Kolb looked pedestrian in the same system that Vick is excelling in.

And I don't think the list he provided is fair. Donovan McNabb started declining in the same system he excelled in. He's doing poorly now because of old age, not because he's not playing under Reid anymore. Furthermore, when did AJ Feely play well in Philly? Also Koy Detmer started a total of 8 games as the Eagles' QB, and had a whopping 61.2 QB rating.

Vick and McNabb are the only QBs to play well under Reid in Philly. And they're both top-5 picks.

Last edited by a moderator:

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Jeff Garcia came back from the dead to do great in Philly.

AJ Feely was only in his 2nd year with no xp and was putting up avg numbers. That is pretty good.
His 7 games expanded to a full season. 3736yards 25td 19int

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Garcia came back from the dead to do great in Philly.

AJ Feely was only in his 2nd year with no xp and was putting up avg numbers. That is pretty good.
His 7 games expanded to a full season. 3736yards 25td 19int

Both of them moved on to starting jobs after their flash in the pants seasons with the Eagles. That's really what I mean when I'm talking about QB friendly environments, when the back-up QBs are moving on to be starters but when they get away from the team they tend to decline a little.

Garcia is borderline with this, since he was already a Pro-Bowler with the 49ers. So we all knew he could succeed in a good situation, but, after failing in Cleveland and Detroit... Reid does deserve a little bit of credit for reminding people what Garcia could do well.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I wasn't expecting a lot from Kolb but wasn't expecting him to play this bad so far into the season.

I just noticed that Kolb has a fumble in every game this season for a total of 5 with 3 of them being lost. Add that to his 4 INTs and he's already has 7 turnovers vs 5 TDs. That's just down right terrible to have that many fumbles already this season.

I wonder what the Cardinals do if they have the 1st overall pick and Luck is sitting right there for them?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't expecting a lot from Kolb but wasn't expecting him to play this bad so far into the season.

I just noticed that Kolb has a fumble in every game this season for a total of 5 with 3 of them being lost. Add that to his 4 INTs and he's already has 7 turnovers vs 5 TDs. That's just down right terrible to have that many fumbles already this season.

I wonder what the Cardinals do if they have the 1st overall pick and Luck is sitting right there for them?

Not to nitpick, or rather, just to nitpick, he has six interceptions. :)

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kolb calling out his teammates??

Kolb believes Cards must alter preparation (NFL.com)

"Our head coach hit the nail on the head. We have to get more detail oriented," the quarterback told The Associated Press in the wake of a 34-10 loss to the previously-winless Minnesota Vikings. "It starts with meetings, showing up to work on time, getting in early, getting your work done, and all the stuff a professional is supposed to do. Maybe it takes a game like this to figure that out."

With Whisenhunt responding to that with saying that the teem has already been meeting before and after practice. So, it sure seems like Kolb is trying to shift the blame away from himself. Making it seem like his teammates aren't showing up on time, or aren't going to extra meetings...

What a joke, a prima donna without the success.

Once again, thank you Trent Baalke, for not buying into this loser's hype.