• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Durant Signed A One Year Deal Only

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Kevin Durant made some comments about Brandon Ingram, the Lakers forward and giving him high praise, it was stated by the guys on ESPN that Kevin Durant signed a one year deal only and will be a free agent next summer with Westbrook. Regardless of where they land, I fully expect that these two end up together again if this is true.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Kevin Durant made some comments about Brandon Ingram, the Lakers forward and giving him high praise, it was stated by the guys on ESPN that Kevin Durant signed a one year deal only and will be a free agent next summer with Westbrook. Regardless of where they land, I fully expect that these two end up together again if this is true.
im telling you- deep down durant wants 1 'ship to get the media and publicv off his back and then will do whatever....

i cant see him not defending a title though- and they are gonna lose to the Cavs next year- so maybe he will be there 3 years?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yawn. LeBron's a free agent too.

1 and 1 contracts are the new thing, haven't you noticed?

If the Warriors make the Finals and win, he will sign another 1 and 1. If they make the Finals and lose I can see him maybe still doing that. If they miss the Finals he and Westbrook will probably pick a place to go.

But I no longer know with KD, I thought there was no chance he didn't do a 1 and 1 for one more go with OKC.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yawn. LeBron's a free agent too.

1 and 1 contracts are the new thing, haven't you noticed?

If the Warriors make the Finals and win, he will sign another 1 and 1. If they make the Finals and lose I can see him maybe still doing that. If they miss the Finals he and Westbrook will probably pick a place to go.

But I no longer know with KD, I thought there was no chance he didn't do a 1 and 1 for one more go with OKC.

KD would have been a fool to sign more than a 1 year deal with anyone. He stands to make a whole lot more money by waiting until next year to sign a longer term deal.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im telling you- deep down durant wants 1 'ship to get the media and publicv off his back and then will do whatever....

i cant see him not defending a title though- and they are gonna lose to the Cavs next year- so maybe he will be there 3 years?
if the Warriors win, then he will stay, but I think these players are taking a huge risk because the main reason most players lock up a long term deal is so that if they get injured - they still get paid the same when they are worth less money.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD would have been a fool to sign more than a 1 year deal with anyone. He stands to make a whole lot more money by waiting until next year to sign a longer term deal.
I could see both KD and Westbrook signing with the same team - if there is a team with the capacity to win and enough salary under the cap space. I'm not really buying into them coming into the Lakers because it remains to be seen if they will be ready - but I do think that if the Lakers get 30 or more wins - better days will bring better free agents

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh God, do I ever miss these threads...

TLF is back!!!:suds:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL.

Why do people think KD wants to play with Westbrook? If you were KD and were able to choose between Westbrook (great player, but a supreme ball hog) or Curry who is much less selfish, who would you pick? After throwing in the Klay, Dray and Iggy combo, this is an easy choice. Not to mention, KD is tight with all these guys. His Relationship with Westbrook always seemed kind of contrived. I doubt you will ever see Durant and Curry screaming at each other in a timeout.

Durant hates the attention of being a free agent. I will be shocked if he even takes a meeting next year. He will resign in Golden State. He already made the difficult move.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people think KD wants to play with Westbrook?

Exactly. He was already playing with Westbrook and he just left. If he truly wanted to play with Westbrook, he could have signed a 1 year deal with OKC to see if they could get it done this coming season and then they both could have left together after next season.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus didn't Westbrook say, "Our relationship will never be the same." lol. If he wants to play with Westbrook in the future he would have stayed in OKC. He either signs with GS again or moves on to a team he wants to go play for.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dion
i dunno.....RW seems pretty pissed

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant was asking the Warriors how many rings do they think they could win if Durant were to join them. That's a long-term question. This is a pointless debate.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny because it's going to take them 1 year to find their cohesion/rhythm and figure out shot distribution between the splash bros and KD.

Took Miami 1 year with Bron, Wade and Bosh.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD can always join the cavs to ring chase when he fails with gs...

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny because it's going to take them 1 year to find their cohesion/rhythm and figure out shot distribution between the splash bros and KD.

Took Miami 1 year with Bron, Wade and Bosh.

Probably will take them half that time maybe even less