• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kelvin Benjamin's weight a concern for NFL scouts

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can only hope that the other 31 teams are concerned about his weight enough to pass. Let him fall right into our laps.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can only hope that the other 31 teams are concerned about his weight enough to pass. Let him fall right into our laps.

No thank you want Moses if he is there when we pick

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way we draft a WR at #34. In fact, well it won't actually be a fact until after the draft...Skins will not draft a WR in 2014.

I think they go OL, OL first two picks. Time to get large!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never say never. If a WR is the BPA, they will take him, especially if he is big and fast (Benjamin). We need a WR end one target in the red zone. I agree OL, S, or ILB is a greater need, but with this pick, we can't reach. We need an impact player at any position and by all accounts, Benjamin fits that bill.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys but 6'5" WRs with hands like catchers mits dont grow on trees. There are O-line starters in every draft. If Benjamin is there at 34 you almost cant pas on him considering the only healthy WR over 6 foot on the roster is Gettis. D owe want Polumbus starting?? Maybe not, but if it came down to getting Benjamin and starting Polumbus, or getting Moses and passing on Benjamin... I take Benjamin every day and twice on Sunday.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
drafting him would be a bpa move. we should do a bpa move.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
drafting him would be a bpa move. we should do a bpa move.

totally agree. And yes we do need another WR with some size. Hell Im taller than all three of our top WRs. Now if benjamin isnt there.. fine take the OT or ILB, or DB... but if this kid is there at 34 we should fucking teleport to the podium to make the pick before we manage to out think ourselves on this one.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys but 6'5" WRs with hands like catchers mits dont grow on trees. There are O-line starters in every draft. If Benjamin is there at 34 you almost cant pas on him considering the only healthy WR over 6 foot on the roster is Gettis. D owe want Polumbus starting?? Maybe not, but if it came down to getting Benjamin and starting Polumbus, or getting Moses and passing on Benjamin... I take Benjamin every day and twice on Sunday.

Shark, I'm an FSU guy and a huge fan of K. Benjamin. Who by the way, went by the nickname KB3 in his HS days. LOL. What concerns me about KB3 are his drops, and his hands are far from what I would consider "catchers mits". I watched L. Hankerson play in person twice, and he made the incredible ESPN highlight catches, along with the routine drops that you and I could make. There is just something about KB3 that looks a lot like Hank to me. And, I like Hank. I hope I'm wrong, because I love the kid.

But, it could be that KB3 had IMO a future HOF NFL QB tossing him the rock last season that made him look awesome. Hell, with that type of talent throwing you the rock...IMO KB3 should have had 1,500 yards receiving last season.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3llpin2PFv4]Kelvin Benjamin Drops (2013) - YouTube[/ame]

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark, I'm an FSU guy and a huge fan of K. Benjamin. Who by the way, went by the nickname KB3 in his HS days. LOL. What concerns me about KB3 are his drops, and his hands are far from what I would consider "catchers mits". I watched L. Hankerson play in person twice, and he made the incredible ESPN highlight catches, along with the routine drops that you and I could make. There is just something about KB3 that looks a lot like Hank to me. And, I like Hank. I hope I'm wrong, because I love the kid.

But, it could be that KB3 had IMO a future HOF NFL QB tossing him the rock last season that made him look awesome. Hell, with that type of talent throwing you the rock...IMO KB3 should have had 1,500 yards receiving last season.

Kelvin Benjamin Drops (2013) - YouTube

Mitz... name me a WR out there that doesnt drop balls at times?? He makes enough of the clutch catches to make up for it in my opinion. Hankerson is coming back off of a knee injury and honestly i dont think he makes roster because he ends up on the pup list. think its just a bad idea to go into the season with three WRs under 6 foot as our top WRs. Now I wouldnt trade up for Benjamin, but at 34 if he is there, there should be almost no question we take him unless there is a sure fire defensive starter there as well. and even then I would probably take Benjamin.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitz... name me a WR out there that doesnt drop balls at times?? He makes enough of the clutch catches to make up for it in my opinion. Hankerson is coming back off of a knee injury and honestly i dont think he makes roster because he ends up on the pup list. think its just a bad idea to go into the season with three WRs under 6 foot as our top WRs. Now I wouldnt trade up for Benjamin, but at 34 if he is there, there should be almost no question we take him unless there is a sure fire defensive starter there as well. and even then I would probably take Benjamin.

Like I said Shark, I love KB3. And yes, they all drop passes. Big receivers are hit/miss in the NFL, and I think #34 is high for KB3.

Here are few of big WR's that haven't panned out in the NFL.

Sylvester Morris 6ft 3in...#21 pick
David Terell 6ft 2in...#8 pick
Ashley Lelie 6ft 3in...#19 pick
Charles Rogers 6ft 3in...#2 pick
Reggie Williams 6ft 4in...#9 pick

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said Shark, I love KB3. And yes, they all drop passes. Big receivers are hit/miss in the NFL, and I think #34 is high for KB3.

Good point. Every big receiver coming into the NFL seems to have the risk of being the next Mike Williams (the one from USC, not the current Buffalo Bill) or the next Dwayne Jarrett.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mitz... if we were bringing him in as an every down player.. I would say its a bad move. But as a redzone guy and part of our rotation, I think its a great pickup. My bet would be he has 50 catches for about 60 yards with 9 TDs (7 of those in the redzone) and we could use that kind of production and big WR threat. And remember we woudnt be taking him with a top ten or even a top 20 pick. 34 would seem to be a good value for a guy with his skills. Im just not that pressed to throw a 4th change on the o-line just to say we made a change. And thats what the OT no matter what mindset is really.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Look at that list! Horrible! Don't forget that we drafted Malcolm Kelly and Devin Thomas in 2008, who were both big WRs.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've watched Benjamin, plenty! He does drop some passes and lets too many balls get to his body. However, he does make a lot of clutch catches. That's big to me. Making catches doesn't matter, if you can't make the catch. Kelvin Benjamin makes the catch, when he needs to.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitz... if we were bringing him in as an every down player.. I would say its a bad move. But as a redzone guy and part of our rotation, I think its a great pickup. My bet would be he has 50 catches for about 60 yards with 9 TDs (7 of those in the redzone) and we could use that kind of production and big WR threat. And remember we woudnt be taking him with a top ten or even a top 20 pick. 34 would seem to be a good value for a guy with his skills. Im just not that pressed to throw a 4th change on the o-line just to say we made a change. And thats what the OT no matter what mindset is really.

I agree, but my concern is the Redskins need to adequately protect the "franchise". If not, then draft KB3 at #34. And, if by chance our "franchise" RG3 gets hurt and has a career ending injury...I guess we could be in line to draft Jameis next year as our next "franchise" QB.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at that list! Horrible! Don't forget that we drafted Malcolm Kelly and Devin Thomas in 2008, who were both big WRs.

The Niners have Jon Baldwin as their resident disappointing big WR.