• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kelvin Benjamin's weight a concern for NFL scouts

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he weighs 240 probably more he ran a 4.61 forty and even Florida State fans have said the same thing about him having alligator arms

With a 4.61 40 you do realize that means he runs 20 yards in a shade over 2.3 seconds right. from a dead stop. thats about 1 second slower than the current fastest man on the planet. Actually less than a second. Sorry dude, but anything less than 5 seconds in the 40 for some one his size is very impressive actually. And considering that about 70% of the routes in the NFL are less than 20 yards, I dont think his 4.61 40 time is a deterrent. Mind you I dont think there is more than a 55 chance he is there for us at 34. But if he is, we have got to take him.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but my concern is the Redskins need to adequately protect the "franchise". If not, then draft KB3 at #34. And, if by chance our "franchise" RG3 gets hurt and has a career ending injury...I guess we could be in line to draft Jameis next year as our next "franchise" QB.

Dude.. the "franchise" better learn to get rid of the fucking ball faster. Polumbus gave up all of ONE sack that was credited to him last year. And a total of 3 the past two years. The pick should be made to improve the team, not simply to try and protect RG3 from himself even more. Fuck that. If we go into the season with the WR group we have with no healthy height, I dont want to hear the redzone excuses we heard last year.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.. the "franchise" better learn to get rid of the fucking ball faster. Polumbus gave up all of ONE sack that was credited to him last year. And a total of 3 the past two years. The pick should be made to improve the team, not simply to try and protect RG3 from himself even more. Fuck that. If we go into the season with the WR group we have with no healthy height, I dont want to hear the redzone excuses we heard last year.

Redskins were #4 in NFL in the Red Zone scoring in 2012. C'mon Shark.

#loveyoumybrotherskinsfan

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins were #4 in NFL in the Red Zone scoring in 2012. C'mon Shark.

#loveyoumybrotherskinsfan

And Polumbus was the starting right tackle. We were alot worse in the redzone in 2013 and the real difference was RG3 couldnt move like he did in 2012 and held onto the ball too long. And yet Polumbus was still actually rather solid last year. the real line problem was Montgomery and the fact that RG3 couldnt move like he was used to and held onto the ball too long. I agree we should upgrade at RT if a guy is there, but not if a potential redzone threat like Benjamin is there as well.

Simply put, if we did go 4 wide with Garcon, Jackson, roberts and Benjamin in the redzone, name me a FS you think would win that matchup??

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but my concern is the Redskins need to adequately protect the "franchise". If not, then draft KB3 at #34. And, if by chance our "franchise" RG3 gets hurt and has a career ending injury...I guess we could be in line to draft Jameis next year as our next "franchise" QB.

And we have a winner!

It would be silly for the Redskins to draft a WR with the 34th pick and would tell you quite a bit about this franchise. We would have put in third of our overall cap space in the WR position and you want to draft another WR with our first overall pick? Sounds like the Detroit Lions front office.

It would be typical Redskins stupidity to do that. One analyst said "The Redskins always want to finish the basement when there is a hole in the roof". For some of the slower posters here, that means we typically try to address less pressing needs instead of solving the main problem. We simply have too many priorities prior to rounding out the WRs. I could care less if Benjamin is the BPA. You don't have to draft the BPA when you team is full of holes and has no starters at some positions. RT, Safety, Interior Oline, Safety and TE are more pressing than WR.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we have a winner!

It would be silly for the Redskins to draft a WR with the 34th pick and would tell you quite a bit about this franchise. We would have put in third of our overall cap space in the WR position and you want to draft another WR with our first overall pick? Sounds like the Detroit Lions front office.

It would be typical Redskins stupidity to do that. One analyst said "The Redskins always want to finish the basement when there is a hole in the roof". For some of the slower posters here, that means we typically try to address less pressing needs instead of solving the main problem. We simply have too many priorities prior to rounding out the WRs. I could care less if Benjamin is the BPA. You don't have to draft the BPA when you team is full of holes and has no starters at some positions. RT, Safety, Interior Oline, Safety and TE are more pressing than WR.

Duke.. how do we not have starters at safety?? We resigned Merriweather and Signed Clark. So unless you are totally discarding Rambo and thomas who we drafted last year, you dont draft a safety at 34.

How do we not have interior line starters?? We just signed Laevao for a $17 million dollar deal and moved Litch to center. We have reed as a starting TE. And as i pointed out, Polumbus gave up all of ONE sack last year. So plain and simple if Benjamin is the BPA you take him and dont WASTE a pick trying to bring in a RT just to appease the fan base because they needed some one to blame for the 3-13 season last year and the O-line is as good as any culprit after all.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we have a winner!

So you would suggest we reach for another player at a position of need?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for the record Duke... with ALL our WRs currently on roster, the total cap space used up this year is just over $17 million. 1/3 of our cap space would be more like $43 million. So slight exaggeration there. By a little more than double.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wr is still a need . maybe not the top one but still a need . and KB3 will need time to develop

but who is to say moses isnt a better player then KB3 ?

take the BPA and if its KB3 you do so

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you would suggest we reach for another player at a position of need?

Reach for a player of need? We have holes or need significant depth at the following positions:

RT, Guard, Center, ILB, Strong Safety, and TE. I highly doubt that drafting one of those 6 positions would be a reach. WR is one of our strongest units on the field and you want to draft a WR at the 34th pick?

Its decisions like this as to why we literally are the worst drafting team in the NFL over the past 10 years. We have a sub-standard defense and gave up a historic amount of yards last year and you want to draft a WR? Once again, the Skins fan base thinks we are better than we really are. We are the 2nd worst team in the NFL and we just signed 2 very good WRs. Hell, lets add another one with our first overall draft pick as well. Maybe we can run 5 WR sets like in Madden as well!

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wr is still a need . maybe not the top one but still a need . and KB3 will need time to develop

but who is to say moses isnt a better player then KB3 ?

take the BPA and if its KB3 you do so

How is WR a need:

Garcon
Jackson
Roberts
Hankerson
Robinson

Those are 5 young WRs. Enough with the WR talk. Its getting silly at this point. How in the world is WR a need? The Detroit Lions called Skinsdad....they want their front office back.

Units that are weaker than WR on the team:

Safeties
CB
ILB
Interior OLine
TE
DLine

WR is not even close to being a need. Again, Skins fans are not the smartest group of people out there. We are not ready to take the BPA in our rebuilding stage.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for the record Duke... with ALL our WRs currently on roster, the total cap space used up this year is just over $17 million. 1/3 of our cap space would be more like $43 million. So slight exaggeration there. By a little more than double.

I meant "available" cap space. We had about 30 million in room and spent 4 on Roberts and 8 on Jackson.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reach for a player of need? We have holes or need significant depth at the following positions:

RT, Guard, Center, ILB, Strong Safety, and TE. I highly doubt that drafting one of those 6 positions would be a reach. WR is one of our strongest units on the field and you want to draft a WR at the 34th pick?

Its decisions like this as to why we literally are the worst drafting team in the NFL over the past 10 years. We have a sub-standard defense and gave up a historic amount of yards last year and you want to draft a WR? Once again, the Skins fan base thinks we are better than we really are. We are the 2nd worst team in the NFL and we just signed 2 very good WRs. Hell, lets add another one with our first overall draft pick as well. Maybe we can run 5 WR sets like in Madden as well!

really ? if garcon gets hurt where is that depth again ? take the best player on the board at a position of need . if value isnt there then take the BPA

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke.. how do we not have starters at safety?? We resigned Merriweather and Signed Clark. So unless you are totally discarding Rambo and thomas who we drafted last year, you dont draft a safety at 34.

How do we not have interior line starters?? We just signed Laevao for a $17 million dollar deal and moved Litch to center. We have reed as a starting TE. And as i pointed out, Polumbus gave up all of ONE sack last year. So plain and simple if Benjamin is the BPA you take him and dont WASTE a pick trying to bring in a RT just to appease the fan base because they needed some one to blame for the 3-13 season last year and the O-line is as good as any culprit after all.

Merriweather is not a starter in this league and graded out as one of the worst safeties in the NFL. No other team would start him in the league. He is never healthy and is good for a boneheaded 15 yard penalty each game. We are in trouble if he is our starting SS again this year. I haven't given up on Rambo or Thomas but they are unproven for sure. Rambo is a 6th rounder and Thomas is a 4th rounder. Our WR corps. is younger, healthier, more talented and has more experience than our safeties.

We still have a hole at Center with Litch. I have no faith in him and its a new position for him (played Center in college). Chester needs to be cut so we have a hole at Guard as well. Maybe Gettis or Ribeye can step up. Polumbust constantly gave up pressure on the right side and was far from stable. Bottom line is that we need to protect our QB of the future. Most mock drafts from analysts have us addressing the OLine because it was sub-standard and needs to be addressed way before adding another WR.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really ? if garcon gets hurt where is that depth again ? take the best player on the board at a position of need . if value isnt there then take the BPA

Again, you are assuming WR is a position of need. Under your logic, every position is a position of need. You all need to stop assuming that nobody but a WR will be available at 34 and that we are loaded at every position outside of WR.

If Garcon went down, we would not be in near a bad spot as if Reed, Morris, Williams, Hatcher or Kerrigan went down.

I totally agree that drafting the BPA is a great idea. However, this isn't the MLB draft where you always take that approach. You should take the BPA in a position of need. What if Teddy Bridgewater is the BPA at 34, do you take him?

Last edited by a moderator:

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Merriweather is not a starter in this league and graded out as one of the worst safeties in the NFL. No other team would start him in the league. He is never healthy and is good for a boneheaded 15 yard penalty each game. We are in trouble if he is our starting SS again this year. I haven't given up on Rambo or Thomas but they are unproven for sure. Rambo is a 6th rounder and Thomas is a 4th rounder. Our WR corps. is younger, healthier, more talented and has more experience than our safeties.

We still have a hole at Center with Litch. I have no faith in him and its a new position for him (played Center in college). Chester needs to be cut so we have a hole at Guard as well. Maybe Gettis or Ribeye can step up. Polumbust constantly gave up pressure on the right side and was far from stable. Bottom line is that we need to protect our QB of the future. Most mock drafts from analysts have us addressing the OLine because it was sub-standard and needs to be addressed way before adding another WR.

Redskins signed Mike McGlynn to be center

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins signed Mike McGlynn to be center

I hope he starts for us. That being said, it now seems that RG and RT are up for grabs now. That leaves me uneasy for sure.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he starts for us. That being said, it now seems that RG and RT are up for grabs now. That leaves me uneasy for sure.

I think if Moses is sitting there at our pick it would be dumb to pass him up

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington already has two big WR'ers........one who has proven that he's roster worthy and still has an upside (Hankerson) and the other, just might be the surprise of camp this season (Gettis). I would not be wide-eyed if DC selects Benjamin at 34 because they deemed him BPA. If, however, he does fall to 34 there likely will be others who will be available as well and rated a shade below him. Look for DC to pass on K. Benjamin, even if he is rated the BPA on their board.

DJax is already a game changer (in draft-speak) Washington will look to move off of pick #34.

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way we draft a WR at #34. In fact, well it won't actually be a fact until after the draft...Skins will not draft a WR in 2014.

I think they go OL, OL first two picks. Time to get large!

And just like every other year they will do nothing we think they will.