• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi wants out of San Antonio

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Suns don't have the cap space. If they can get someone to take on the Brandon Knight contract then maybe, but why would they do that?

I'm not undervaluing Ball. He does have value certainly. However his rookie season was up and down. He could very well still be a very good player, even an all star. But last year's performance didn't increase his value. And his father isn't helping his value.

As I said, I do think that Ball has value and could get a protected 1st in return. But throwing in Deng's contract makes that deal far less appealing.

Suns have 20 million this year.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll announce his decision before the 4th of July

DJ I think Lebron wont commit to any club until Kawhi issue gets cleared

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston and Philly would be silly to offer much.....unless they talked to Leonard and got some type of guartantee he'd be willing to stay long term.....they could set back their franchise back in a bad way if they made an impulsive trade.

No player is guaranteed to resign with a team if they become a UFA.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't say they were going to trade Ayton. He was saying that a core of Bridges, Ball, and Ayton could win 35 games which I suspect is a little too optimistic.

Bridges, Ball, Ayton, Booker, And Jackson is one hell of a young core.

Ayton, Ball and Bridges should add 10-15 wins immediately.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suns have 20 million this year.

Still not enough to make that deal.

Again, they could do it. But why would they do it? It doesn't make sense. They could go get Shröeder for less than that if they wanted to.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not even close.

If you had the choice between Terry Rozier and Lonzo Ball to be your point guard i take Rozier in a second. Guy kicked ass in the playoffs.

While Horford is not an elite talent, he is a very good player that is under contract. And the Sacramento and Memphis picks are much better picks than anything the Lakers can offer pick wise, and better pick wise than anything the Sixers can offer besides maybe that TOTALLY unprotected Miami pick.

I bet that type of offer- Rozier, Horford, and a solid first or two is EXACTLY the type of offer the Spurs are looking for rather than a marginal first rounder or two, and a couple high draft picks that have underperformed their draft slots.

Depends on what you need.

Rozier is more of a scoring PG and Ball is a pass first PG.

C'mon.....just stop it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that he'll be able to buy an alarm clock and the Celtics will make damn sure his ass is out of bed by game time..........

Horford has not been worth his max contract since he came to Boston. NBA is becoming a positionless game.

Horford's skill set is what allows the Celtics to play positionless basketball. Much like Draymond's impact on the Warriors. Horford isn't as good, but his importance to the Celtics is similar.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridges, Ball, Ayton, Booker, And Jackson is one hell of a young core.

Ayton, Ball and Bridges should add 10-15 wins immediately.

Sure. They could win 35. Assuming Bridges and Ayton are NBA ready which is a big assumption.

How many rookies from last year's draft class were NBA ready? 4? 5?

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well congrats on getting Kawhi, Lebron and George!

I never said it was a lock it happens.....although I'd love to see it. Like everybody else (except maybe @Bolts ), I'm hoping for the best once FA opens.

But, I definitely think we get 2 of the 3.

Sorry, Bolts.....couldn't pass it up.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is always the option of trading ball for picks using those picks in the deal to sweeten the offer to sA to get them to take Deng.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On that squad.....Ball doesn't have to be elite at all. Just what he is, a pass first that can run the offense. He's suited perfectly to what they need with Ayton, Booker, and Jackson.

Within 1 few seasons they'd be a legit team in the WC.

pass first PG

within a few seasons

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't say they were going to trade Ayton. He was saying that a core of Bridges, Ball, and Ayton could win 35 games which I suspect is a little too optimistic.
I would think fora team that has Jackson, Bridges, Ayton and Booker- bringing in at least an experienced point guard would do wonders for them. I mean- bringing in Ball and all his luggage, and adding just another inexperienced 20 year old to the mix as the floor general seems a little rough. Why wouldnt you just go out and like sign Rondo to a not that expensive deal and not give up anything?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Suns are going to move their expiring assets to free up cap space in order to trade for Lonzo and Ball so they can give them their 1st round pick next year?

Of course the Suns CAN do this if they want. But WHY would they want to do it? Why would they want to take on a horrible contract for the next 2 years?

I guess this is an improvement over the original claims that the Spurs would take Deng's contract as part of the trade.
id rather just sign an experienced point guard that can guide and lead the team--- especially a team just loaded with young talent like Booker, Jackson, Bridges, Ayton. Adding another 20 year old with the baggage that Ball brings while also giving up a pick and clogging up cap space seems batshit crazy. Thats just me though.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said it was a lock it happens.....although I'd love to see it. Like everybody else (except maybe @Bolts ), I'm hoping for the best once FA opens.

And that's my point.

If you are the Sixers and/or the Celtics and getting Leonard is basically a lock to get to the finals and perhaps even win the title, how many assets are you willing to give up to get him?

would they be willing to give up more than the Lakers are willing give up or close enough that the Spurs would pick their offer before the Lakers offer?

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ I think Lebron wont commit to any club until Kawhi issue gets cleared

A story was leaked that he'll announce earlier than usual, said before the 4th.

He already knows where he's going, regardless of others joining him. He knows if he signs, another max will follow him. These athletes have huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge egos.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i think the Lakers get LeBron and George- but doubt they get Kawhi.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id rather just sign an experienced point guard that can guide and lead the team--- especially a team just loaded with young talent like Booker, Jackson, Bridges, Ayton. Adding another 20 year old with the baggage that Ball brings while also giving up a pick and clogging up cap space seems batshit crazy. Thats just me though.

Yeah I don't see them being all that keen to do it unless they see Ball as being truly capable of being elite.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's my point.

If you are the Sixers and/or the Celtics and getting Leonard is basically a lock to get to the finals and perhaps even win the title, how many assets are you willing to give up to get him?

would they be willing to give up more than the Lakers are willing give up or close enough that the Spurs would pick their offer before the Lakers offer?

Again, they are going to want a verbal commitment before they offer the moon....it's why Ainge wants to personally meet with him.....something Leonard may not want to do.