• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi wants out of San Antonio

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Suns could and should do that deal.

Because, if they are being smart, they will see that they won't really be a major player for a max FA until 2020. And Deng's contract is up by then. Also, adding Ball, Ayton and Bridges should give them a chance to win 35 plus and start their ascent to the playoffs.

I also think you are significantly undervaluing Ball. I don't think he is great, but he is well worth giving a protected pick and taking salary when your team isn't signing anybody of note anyway. The Suns will only get themselves in trouble with that cap space, IMO.

BOOM.

Payton is a FA and they took Ayton instead of Doncic. And the Suns have no qualms about dealing with the Lakers.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think you are significantly undervaluing Ball. I don't think he is great, but he is well worth giving a protected pick and taking salary when your team isn't signing anybody of note anyway. The Suns will only get themselves in trouble with that cap space, IMO.

Lavar and Lonzo are facing huge legal action. Companies that made BBB sneakers, clothing and everything else are filing a huge class action against BBB. None of them have been paid for their work and all of them have have taken huge financial risks and hits with the Ball gang.

ESPN Radio said that they are in the legal process of freezing all of the Ball's assets and Lonzo's paychecks. The Ball's are having a really hard time finding an attorney to defend them because they fear not getting paid.

Sounds like a new line of stuff will be coming our.......B..B..B..B...B.....B........Ball and Chain

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because, if they are being smart, they will see that they won't really be a major player for a max FA until 2020. And Deng's contract is up by then. Also, adding Ball, Ayton and Bridges should give them a chance to win 35 plus and start their ascent to the playoffs.

The Suns don't have the cap space. If they can get someone to take on the Brandon Knight contract then maybe, but why would they do that?

I'm not undervaluing Ball. He does have value certainly. However his rookie season was up and down. He could very well still be a very good player, even an all star. But last year's performance didn't increase his value. And his father isn't helping his value.

As I said, I do think that Ball has value and could get a protected 1st in return. But throwing in Deng's contract makes that deal far less appealing.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BOOM.

Payton is a FA and they took Ayton instead of Doncic. And the Suns have no qualms about dealing with the Lakers.

The Suns only have 6 million in cap space now. It goes up to 13 million next week. That is a long long way from the $25 million they would need to make that trade.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston won't trade Horford. He's their only big man basically with Baynes a FA.

You need to catch up. They drafted Robert Williams the Texas A & M center.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WTF?

the Suns trading Ayton?

we just jumped the shark here.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF?

the Suns trading Ayton?

we just jumped the shark here.

He didn't say they were going to trade Ayton. He was saying that a core of Bridges, Ball, and Ayton could win 35 games which I suspect is a little too optimistic.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Suns only have 6 million in cap space now. It goes up to 13 million next week. That is a long long way from the $25 million they would need to make that trade.

Phoenix would be the 3rd team in a trade....

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to catch up. They drafted Robert Williams the Texas A & M center.

LOL. Teams that have aspirations for winning championships don't rely on late 1st round draft picks to be their lone big man. Especially when those guys can't even wake up in time for meetings.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phoenix would be the 3rd team in a trade....

So what? That doesn't magically make the money go away. Phoenix doesn't have the cap space to take on the Deng contract. So unless the Spurs have an undying love for Brandon Knight, I fail to see how they can be part of this trade.

I could see the Suns taking Ball and giving back a top 8 or top 10 protected 1st. But not if Deng is included.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Teams that have aspirations for winning championships don't rely on late 1st round draft picks to be their lone big man. Especially when those guys can't even wake up in time for meetings.

My guess is that he'll be able to buy an alarm clock and the Celtics will make damn sure his ass is out of bed by game time..........

Horford has not been worth his max contract since he came to Boston. NBA is becoming a positionless game.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good point. My guess is he was drafted to be a backup, not the starting center on a contender.

It was a flyer pick.....he dropped to 27 so they took him since he could develop.....but they won't be relying on him heavily as a rookie.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. But I doubt that Kyrie is going to give them those assurances. So why would they trade an expiring asset for another expiring asset?

I would imagine that Buford is going to primarily want controllable assets.

Kyrie put SA on his trade list last year.

it's a much safer bet than Leonard at this point.

Boston would be taking a huge risk, but I can deal with it since they have Scary Terry anyway.

There is a much better chance of Kyrie resigning in SA than Leonard in boston.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that he'll be able to buy an alarm clock and the Celtics will make damn sure his ass is out of bed by game time..........

Horford has not been worth his max contract since he came to Boston. NBA is becoming a positionless game.

The Celtics get knocked out in the 1st round without Horford.

People use "positionless game" far too often to make ridiculous arguments. A team of 6'7" players is not winning championships

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But doable.

They have expiring deals they could move.

It really does make a lot of sense.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie put SA on his trade list last year.

it's a much safer bet than Leonard at this point.

Boston would be taking a huge risk, but I can deal with it since they have Scary Terry anyway.

There is a much better chance of Kyrie resigning in SA than Leonard in boston.

Yeah but that was when the Spurs still had Leonard. And it is possible that Pop is retiring in the next 2 years.

If Kyrie was the only option then I can see them making that trade. But I would think they are looking more for players like Brown than Kyrie.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what? That doesn't magically make the money go away. Phoenix doesn't have the cap space to take on the Deng contract. So unless the Spurs have an undying love for Brandon Knight, I fail to see how they can be part of this trade.

I could see the Suns taking Ball and giving back a top 8 or top 10 protected 1st. But not if Deng is included.

FWIW, I believe the Alan Williams contract is not guaranteed and Troy Daniels 3m could pretty easily be moved.

That gets you over 20m right there.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but that was when the Spurs still had Leonard. And it is possible that Pop is retiring in the next 2 years.

If Kyrie was the only option then I can see them making that trade. But I would think they are looking more for players like Brown than Kyrie.

I think with Leonard's claim he's not signing anywhere but LA, brown is off the table.