• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi wants out of San Antonio

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both the Sixers can offer packages as good or better than Kuzma, Ingram, and a late 2020 1st.

The Spurs would get an asset or 2 from the 3rd team also.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs would get an asset or 2 from the 3rd team also.

How is that even possible?

If we assume that Ingram and Kuzma are going to the Spurs, what sort of assets do you think the Lakers are going to get trying to deal Deng with Ball? Is that even a net positive trade for another team?

Maybe if they eat the Deng contract and just deal Ball they might get something of some value. But do you think any team is going to give up a high pick for the Ball Comedy Troupe?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that part. My point is why trade him in the next week to the Lakers knowing that it reportedly would lead to Lebron going to LA. You can trade him at the end of July for the same assets and LBJ is long gone.

Lebron isn't waiting until mid or end of July to make this decision

Rumors are James will have a decision before the 4th of July.....which is fast for him.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone would

Irving is the better player but Horford is basically Boston's only big man.....therein Horford is more valuable to Boston since they have a bunch of wings. C'mon, man. This isn't rocket science.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi Leonard, LeBron James and Julius Randle together would make a pretty decent start - To complete that, however they would have to trade Lonzo Ball in order to dump Luol Deng and free up some money - What I saw earlier is the Lakers are trying to find a team that will take him and try to rehab him for some value. Given the choice, I would rather have Paul George or Kemba Walker over Chris Paul though
hypothetically- if you are paying LeBron, what? 35 million, Kawhi 30 million, and Randle at least 16M, you arent going to fit another max guy anyway.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving is the better player but Horford is basically Boston's only big man.....therein Horford is more valuable to Boston since they have a bunch of wings. C'mon, man. This isn't rocket science.
yah i dont buy that--- give me the better player anyday of the week. Esp. if they are as good as Kyrie.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much is my guess....since he'd be a rental.

The assumption that Kawhi is coming to LA next year no matter what flies in the face of history.

He might go to LA. He also may enjoy his new team so much that he decides that he is comfortable staying that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah i dont buy that--- give me the better player anyday of the week. Esp. if they are as good as Kyrie.

Kyrie is a FA after this season. That limits his value.

Horford is more important to the Celtics than Kyrie. Without him, they have basically no inside presence.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you start getting into some major cap issues there is the problem for Boston

Like I have said- i dont see why Boston doesnt trade Brown- you cant sign him AND tatum inthe future.

A team can only carry 3 max guys. Carrying 4 max guys is near impossible under the current CBA.

That has to be something everyone remembers when we are talking about these type of deals. A "max" contract is a third of the cap about - depending on factors- but we will ball park it at a third.

if you have 4 "thirds"- plus the rest of the guys- it really makes the math very very difficult.

3 max guys-- horford and kyrie are on "reasonable" max deals right now at least. eventually when horford is gone he will prob be replaced by tatum- but you cant afford 4 max gus- or even 3 max guys and 2-3 guys making like 15-20M per year.....it starts making the math very tough.

You are oversimplifying this too much.

The Celtics can make it work with 4 max guys if 2 of those are Brown and Tatum. Because, the RFA max is a much different animal than the real max that Kyrie is about to get if he resigns next summer.

And LOL at you rating my Horford post BS.

Kyrie is a much better and more valuable player than Horford. His production may not be directly replaceable, but the Celtics have a crap ton of quality guards and wings. Horford is their only quality big man. Trading him makes absolutely zero sense.

The Celtics could easily afford to give either Kyrie or Hayward to land Kawhi. They would not improve their team as much if they gave Horford because they would have a huge gaping hole at 5.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Celtics can make it work with 4 max guys if 2 of those are Brown and Tatum. Because, the RFA max is a much different animal than the real max that Kyrie is about to get if he resigns next summer.

Kyrie is a much better and more valuable player than Horford. His production may not be directly replaceable, but the Celtics have a crap ton of quality guards and wings. Horford is their only quality big man. Trading him makes absolutely zero sense.

The Celtics could easily afford to give either Kyrie or Hayward to land Kawhi. They would not improve their team as much if they gave Horford because they would have a huge gaping hole at 5.

:ninja:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just read the odds on Kawhi's destination have changed to have Orlando as #3.

Now wouldn't that be a Pop move? trade him to Orlando? lol.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is that even possible?

If we assume that Ingram and Kuzma are going to the Spurs, what sort of assets do you think the Lakers are going to get trying to deal Deng with Ball? Is that even a net positive trade for another team?

Maybe if they eat the Deng contract and just deal Ball they might get something of some value. But do you think any team is going to give up a high pick for the Ball Comedy Troupe?

Yes. Actually.

Ball has a lot of value. But I think a top 7 or 8 protected first would be a fair price while taking Ball and Deng. That pick would go to the Spurs, not the Lakers.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

an over simplification huh?

Horford: 29M in '18-'19, 30M in '19-'20

Hayward: 31M in '18-'19, 33M in '19-'20, 34M in '20-'21

Kyrie: 20M next year. After that he will go up to numbers just slightly larger than Hayward.

Tatum- will be eligible for 25% of the cap. Kyrie and Hayward were eligible for 30% of the cap (unless Kyrie makes an All NBA team or starts the All Star game and then he will be eligible for 35%). Brown will be eligible for 25% of the cap as well.

Do you really think that is THAT big a difference?

So like i said- its practically impossible to carry 4 max players. Some guys will have to go - if Kawhi comes in.

its math. its what the CBA was designed to do. If you are going to have 4 max players- regardless if they are 25%, or 30%, (or even 35%) "maxes"- the rest of your roster will have little more than min. level guys and you will be paying boatloads of tax.

Its what the NBA designed the CBA to do.