• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi wants out of San Antonio

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd do that deal it in a heartbeat.

It's hard to gauge because if it is true that LeBron wants another star there before he signs, then you can add LeBron next to Kawhi in any trade scenario.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Boston would do a Rozier, Brown, Smart, and the Kings 1st round pick for Kawhi.

Spurs really need a PG
From what I read, in order to make salaries work in such a trade idea... the C's would likely need to resign Smart and then wait until Dec 15th to be able to include him in any potential trade.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I doubt they would do that...

Me too.

If I'm the Spurs I would be determined to get that Kings pick and 1 of their young guys at least. We can discuss role players at a later time to add to the deal

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have Ball. If you don’t give up Randle you can sign him possibly.

The thing is it leads to more than just Kawhi - to Lebron - PG13.

That trio makes up for all those young players x100
Fair enough point...I guess my thing at this point is that I can see why people would say the Spurs have leverage...but at this point, I think WE have the leverage. It goes from pop won't trade with us, to "shutting the door", to us being in serious discussions?
At this point, I guess I'm weighing the fact that I really don't mind bringing only the young guys back add doing this next year, as opposed to going for it all now

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12 Welp, this is another push the chips to the center of the table moment. Didn't work so well the last 2 times, as both teams shortly fell to nothing...but it's another moment where I understand the appeal

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough point...I guess my thing at this point is that I can see why people would say the Spurs have leverage...but at this point, I think WE have the leverage. It goes from pop won't trade with us, to "shutting the door", to us being in serious discussions?
At this point, I guess I'm weighing the fact that I really don't mind bringing only the young guys back add doing this next year, as opposed to going for it all now

They can still ship Kawhi somewhere else. They definitely have the leverage but not as much as people think bc from reports Kawhi wants LA and only LA

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to gauge because if it is true that LeBron wants another star there before he signs, then you can add LeBron next to Kawhi in any trade scenario.

Any trade scenario? Not sure what you mean here.

Imo, if the Lakers want to get Kawhi, they're going have to give up just about all of the young guys save Lonzo (because the Spurs don't want him) and maybe Hart.

That's fine because Kawhi is only 26. Getting Kawhi pretty well guarantees Lebron and PG (who is only 28).

Lebron likely has about 2, maybe 3 years left at his current level and then, as long as he doesn't suffer a major injury, probably another 2-3 years of playing at a high level.

As long as they are smart about role/bench players...they should be in great shape for 5+ years. Not to mention, the Warriors are likely to have to make some difficult financial decisions over the next couple of seasons.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a couple things...
1.) Lost in all of this, if the Mavs don't offer Randle, then who does?

2.) Not from a where he WILL go perspective, but if it's down to Cleveland/LA, unless Cle has something going in a trade, shouldn't LeBron go to LA regardless? I mean it's probably a loss this year either way, but I'd go to the place where it looks like something MAY eventually happen

Last edited:

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think I've seen free agency get this crazy before it actually even starts

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not saying that this trade is going to happen. There's still a lot that can change between now and Friday.

Much of that is posturing by the Spurs so they don't look like they caved to Kawhi.

The Spurs have the leverage because they have control of Kawhi.

The Lakers only leverage is Kawhi apparently being adamant about re-signing with the Lakers.

The Lakers have to basically almost bid against themselves by offering their absolute best offer so that the Spurs can say it was far better than what anyone else offered.

If the Lakers come in with anything other than their absolute max offer, it gives the Spurs an excuse to take a lesser offer that's at least in the ballpark of the Lakers offer.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12 Welp, this is another push the chips to the center of the table moment. Didn't work so well the last 2 times, as both teams shortly fell to nothing...but it's another moment where I understand the appeal

At least it's not Short Buss at the table this time. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2.) Not from a where he WILL go perspective, but if it's down to Cleveland/LA, unless Cle has something going in a trade, shouldn't LeBron go to LA regardless? I mean it's probably a loss this year either way, but I'd go to the place where it looks like something MAY eventually happen

A couple of days ago, Windy had Lebron 51% to the Lakers whether anyone else signs first or not.

Thing is, if Lebron signs...so will someone else. If not this year, then next. If he comes to the Lakers by himself this year (which I don't think will happen), he's not getting out of the West. But he's with a team that has the assets to get him help pdq.

If he stays in Cleveland, he's probably not getting out of the East and is with a team that doesn't have much way of getting better.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any trade scenario? Not sure what you mean here.

Imo, if the Lakers want to get Kawhi, they're going have to give up just about all of the young guys save Lonzo (because the Spurs don't want him) and maybe Hart.

That's fine because Kawhi is only 26. Getting Kawhi pretty well guarantees Lebron and PG (who is only 28).

Lebron likely has about 2, maybe 3 years left at his current level and then, as long as he doesn't suffer a major injury, probably another 2-3 years of playing at a high level.

As long as they are smart about role/bench players...they should be in great shape for 5+ years. Not to mention, the Warriors are likely to have to make some difficult financial decisions over the next couple of seasons.

Sorry, I have that tendency lol. I mean that particular trade wouldn't be for just Kawhi if that rumor is true. If you get both Kawhi and LeBron from that deal then it's worth it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I have that tendency lol. I mean that particular trade wouldn't be for just Kawhi if that rumor is true. If you get both Kawhi and LeBron from that deal then it's worth it.

Oh okay. Yea, definitely agree. Likely gets them PG too. He and Westbrook can't be THAT close already, can they?

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, another slight reason why I'm hesitant to go all in is...how likely is it that we beat the Dubs with those 3 and veterans to play for less?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, another slight reason why I'm hesitant to go all in is...how likely is it that we beat the Dubs with those 3 and veterans to play for less?

Considering that you have 3 elite defenders who can switch everything and keep an elite defender on Steph, Klay and KD at all times...

I'd say they have a pretty decent chance.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With those 3? Not likely in the first year because it will take some time for all the other pieces they add to gel (see Miami Heat 2010) but after that, they would definitely be threats. Lebron/PG/Kawhi can guard anything the Dubs throw out there.