• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi wants out of San Antonio

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is precisely why Kyrie is the player you deal.

As you said, he is far more valuable and also more easily replaced. Win/win for the Celtics.
I agree with @tlance that if it came down to a choice between giving up Kyrie or Horford... Boston would be much better off giving up Kyrie.

Horford doesn't put up gawdy stats... but his all around game and size and consummate team play are more valuable...

... and I like Kyrie, too.

I think this is academic, though... if the C's had to go all-in on Kawhi now (in the next week or whatever)... I think they likely balk.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers probably borrowed one of Colangelo's burners.

In all seriousness, this is probably a sign that the Spurs are ready to deal Kawhi, for the right price. I'd imagine that Buford is only going to trade Kawhi to the Lakers this week if the Lakers let him put it in without protection or lubrication.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These rumors are crazy and silly,

Something saying Trading for Kawhi now almost seals Lebron for the Lakers.

If you're the Spurs, why would you ever trade Kawhi to the Lakers before late July/early August knowing that info?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you're the Spurs, why would you ever trade Kawhi to the Lakers before late July/early August knowing that info?

The Spurs have the Lakers in a high leverage situation this week. Once the new season starts next week, that dissipates considerably. If they can make the Lakers give away the house this week then they do the deal. But I really don't even know what that looks like.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The deal could be a lot for Kawhi but it’s good the Spurs want more than the PG13 and Kyrie trade.

Mo Wagner, Kuzma, Ingram, Hart, a combination of 1st’s, a sign-and-trade for Randle and for them to take a contract off their books (probably would need a 3rd team)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They want assets before the season and no drama. The Lakers have those assets

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They want assets before the season and no drama. The Lakers have those assets

I get that part. My point is why trade him in the next week to the Lakers knowing that it reportedly would lead to Lebron going to LA. You can trade him at the end of July for the same assets and LBJ is long gone.

Lebron isn't waiting until mid or end of July to make this decision

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs have the Lakers in a high leverage situation this week. Once the new season starts next week, that dissipates considerably. If they can make the Lakers give away the house this week then they do the deal. But I really don't even know what that looks like.

I think it's going to cost them Ingram, Kuzma, Wagner and/or Mychaliuk(?) (both seem like Spurs type players) and some picks at the minimum.

The Spurs have saved some face (and will save more) by dragging this out as long as they can. This way they can at least say that they did what they could, but had to take the best offer for the future of the franchise.

If they can get a 3rd team involved, they can save a little more face.

Also, by dragging it out to as close to the start of FA as possible, there is a chance that someone will panic and come in at the last minute with a better offer.

They're pretty drama averse as a franchise, so it's likely they just want this shit over with too.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The deal could be a lot for Kawhi but it’s good the Spurs want more than the PG13 and Kyrie trade.

Mo Wagner, Kuzma, Ingram, Hart, a combination of 1st’s, a sign-and-trade for Randle and for them to take a contract off their books (probably would need a 3rd team)
And they can kick rocks for all that

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would offer Jaylen Brown, Marcus Morris, and the kings 2019 1st round pick

I would think the Lakers offered more. I heard some rumors that they offered that plus Rozier and another 1st

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they can kick rocks for all that

They mosf likely couldn’t sign Randle anyway if they want PG. adding Randle sweetens the pot but mayve adding him they could keep Wagner and a 1st

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think the Lakers offered more. I heard some rumors that they offered that plus Rozier and another 1st

Problem with any Lakers deal is the draft pick they can offer is likely going to turn into a very late 1st round pick which does nothing for the Spurs when trading a top 5 player.

Boston on the other hand can offer that Kings pick which likely turns into a top 10 pick next year.

Lakers would need to give me all of their young players for me to accept a deal if I'm the Spurs