• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi wants out of San Antonio

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell LA to get a third team to take Deng's contract. Pau and Kawhi for Ingram, Kuzma, and a few picks. Maybe throw Hart in there.

Can't get the Lakers pick next year. Maybe their 2021 unprotected? I can't imagine they will be able to find a trade partner for Deng in the next 4 days. There are no teams with enough cap space to just take Deng's contract.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, you gonna shove Pau's corpse down their throat too?
Somebody gotta take him. If reports are true, that latest one said they're willing to take a salary dump. Think the Spurs know he isn't worth $16M a year. Plus, he'd be retiring a Laker.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell LA to get a third team to take Deng's contract. Pau and Kawhi for Ingram, Kuzma, and a few picks. Maybe throw Hart in there.

No chance the Lakers take Pau

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody gotta take him. If reports are true, that latest one said they're willing to take a salary dump. Think the Spurs know he isn't worth $16M a year. Plus, he'd be retiring a Laker.

Lakers need to clear Deng's salary so they can afford 2 max players along with Kawhi. Taking Pau completely defeats the purpose.

They need a third team with cap space to take on Deng, and maybe Pau. Ball would be the prize for that team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, if they're willing to take a salary dump like the article suggests, why not? He'd retire a Laker as well.

Patty Mills more like but they need a 3rd team anyway. I’m sure a 3rd team would prefer Mills over Pau

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it clogs up their cap room to get another FA....thats hte prob

unless LeBron signs first and THEN the KAwhi trade happens.
LeBron apparently doesn't wanna be the first one there.

Lakers need to clear Deng's salary so they can afford 2 max players along with Kawhi. Taking Pau completely defeats the purpose.

They need a third team with cap space to take on Deng, and maybe Pau. Ball would be the prize for that team.
I just have a feeling with any trade, that the Spurs will want to unload Pau's contract without taking back Deng's, much like you said the Lakers would want vice-versa.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. But would they still be on his list if they don't have Kawhi?

Of course there is no way for any of us to know what's really going on. It's questionable whether Ainge/Stevens would want to trade Kyrie/Brown for a possible one year rental.

I wouldn't offer Kyrie up, but I like his game. I'd definitely be willing to part with Brown/Horford. Kawhi may be a potential rental but I definitely think the Celtics would be a title contender off of that Brown/Horford package. Kyrie/Hayward/Tatum/Kawhi can go toe to toe with the Warriors imo. Might not be a rental if they get close or actually win a championship. Thunder did not have a team that good but they're certainly in the mix to resign George, who is a potential rental.

Saw this trade the other day
To Spurs: Brown/Rozier/Morris/Yabusele/2019 1st rounders from MEM and SAC
To Celtics: Kawhi

That would mean a starting 5 of Kyrie/Hayward/Tatum/Kawhi/Horford. I don't think we'll see it happen but it was interesting to imagine that starting 5 against the Warriors.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it clogs up their cap room to get another FA....thats hte prob

unless LeBron signs first and THEN the KAwhi trade happens.
Yup...this is updated as of yesterday..

Here are their options...

Cap-space breakdown

No team has more options when it comes to building its roster than the Lakers.

Los Angeles can choose four different paths:

1. Create two maximum-salary slots but at the expense of Randle, while also stretching the $37 million owed to Deng

2. Create two maximum-salary slots, retain Randle but deplete draft assets by trading Deng

3. Sign one max player, retain Randle and roll over cap space until 2019

4. Sign free agents or acquire players on one-year contracts, retain flexibility and wait until 2019

Biggest NBA free-agency and trade decisions for all 30 teams

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't offer Kyrie up, but I like his game. I'd definitely be willing to part with Brown/Horford. Kawhi may be a potential rental but I definitely think the Celtics would be a title contender off of that Brown/Horford package. Kyrie/Hayward/Tatum/Kawhi can go toe to toe with the Warriors imo. Might not be a rental if they get close or actually win a championship. Thunder did not have a team that good but they're certainly in the mix to resign George, who is a potential rental.

That would mean a starting 5 of Kyrie/Hayward/Tatum/Kawhi/Horford. I don't think we'll see it happen but it was interesting to imagine that starting 5 against the Warriors.

That would certainly be enough to get Kawhi I would imagine. That would be basically an all in type trade offer.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pau won't work, can't be part of the trade. Too much salary for too long. That's basically like keeping Deng (although Pau can still play), and will prevent the Lakers from adding another max.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just strictly a rumor/report, but if true, I smell blood. From what I gather, we don't have a problem with so called "striking out" this year, and neither do I as the future is promising. From the Spurs perspective...wanting a trade to strictly LA is one thing...holding out is a completely different ball game

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that info went out to a bunch of writers at the same time. A bit different.

Only difference honestly is you want to believe the good rumor for the lakers, but will possibly dismiss the no so good laker rumor. I get it, I'm a spurs fan and this kawhi mess has been around awhile now.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have George opt in, then flip Gasol/filler for him, lol.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only difference honestly is you want to believe the good rumor for the lakers, but will possibly dismiss the no so good laker rumor. I get it, I'm a spurs fan and this kawhi mess has been around awhile now.

There's a huge difference between a rumor from one writer's source and Kawhi's management orchestrating a release to a gaggle of writers.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you start getting into some major cap issues there is the problem for Boston

Like I have said- i dont see why Boston doesnt trade Brown- you cant sign him AND tatum inthe future.

A team can only carry 3 max guys. Carrying 4 max guys is near impossible under the current CBA.

That has to be something everyone remembers when we are talking about these type of deals. A "max" contract is a third of the cap about - depending on factors- but we will ball park it at a third.

if you have 4 "thirds"- plus the rest of the guys- it really makes the math very very difficult.

3 max guys-- horford and kyrie are on "reasonable" max deals right now at least. eventually when horford is gone he will prob be replaced by tatum- but you cant afford 4 max gus- or even 3 max guys and 2-3 guys making like 15-20M per year.....it starts making the math very tough.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its why if Boston trades for Kawhi it would be hard for me to see a path way that does not have at least either Smart in it as a sign and trade, Morris, or Kyrie or Horford.

Money has to be going back.

you cant have Kawhi, Horford, Kyrie, Hayward all making huge dollars on the same team- esp. with Rozier due for a contract soon--- Tatum will obviously be getting a huge contract 3 years from now etc.