• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kap's Offseason Workout

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Colin Kaepernick?s Miami Training Regimen

This kills me. Some real positives. He looks great, strong and fast. The guy who runs the program says he's the hardest worker he's ever seen, and is a natural leader. And some real negatives. Not a single shot of Kap throwing the football. No mention of him working on fundamentals or studying film. There is a reason that QBs don't typically go to camps like this. It's because they don't focus on the things that QBs need to work on in the offseason.

This is perhaps my greatest concern with Kap. I don't doubt his work ethic, his leadership ability, his intelligence, or his physical ability. I question whether he is working on his weaknesses. He should not look like a WR. He is already a top-5 running QB in the history of the league. He needs to maintain a baseline physical fitness level, but until his footwork, release, and vision are exceptional, those areas should receive the lion's share of his focus, even if it means he loses 0.1 seconds off his 40 time. I don't see him doing that, and it really worries me.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin Kaepernick?s Miami Training Regimen

This kills me. Some real positives. He looks great, strong and fast. The guy who runs the program says he's the hardest worker he's ever seen, and is a natural leader. And some real negatives. Not a single shot of Kap throwing the football. No mention of him working on fundamentals or studying film. There is a reason that QBs don't typically go to camps like this. It's because they don't focus on the things that QBs need to work on in the offseason.

This is perhaps my greatest concern with Kap. I don't doubt his work ethic, his leadership ability, his intelligence, or his physical ability. I question whether he is working on his weaknesses. He should not look like a WR. He is already a top-5 running QB in the history of the league. He needs to maintain a baseline physical fitness level, but until his footwork, release, and vision are exceptional, those areas should receive the lion's share of his focus, even if it means he loses 0.1 seconds off his 40 time. I don't see him doing that, and it really worries me.

What I hope is after he does all the speed/strength stuff he gets with a QB guru and work on his craft. I remember when I played football we would do all the "heavy lifting" at the beginning of the offseason then switch to more role specific training after that. I hope that is what Kap is planning and hopefully he can get the WRs and TEs together and work on the playbook before TC. The kid busts his ass on the physical part but he needs to work on the mental aspect of football.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What I hope is after he does all the speed/strength stuff he gets with a QB guru and work on his craft. I remember when I played football we would do all the "heavy lifting" at the beginning of the offseason then switch to more role specific training after that. I hope that is what Kap is planning and hopefully he can get the WRs and TEs together and work on the playbook before TC. The kid busts his ass on the physical part but he needs to work on the mental aspect of football.

Yeah, I'm hoping that too. But at this particular camp - and I think he's been there at least several weeks, I don't see much in the way of passing work. He should be living with film.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm hoping that too. But at this particular camp - and I think he's been there at least several weeks, I don't see much in the way of passing work. He should be living with film.

:agree: I don't like the new CBA much. I wish Harbaugh Roman and Chryst could coach Kap right now and not the end of April. We have such a great QB brain trust that it sucks they can't sit Kap down and go through all his progressions and lack there of and really coach the guy up.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Good thing Kaepernick is getting into tip top shape & hitting the weight room & working on his quick-twitch muscles.

...'Cause, y'know, my main concern with Kaepernick this whole time is that he needs to get stronger & faster.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing Kaepernick is getting into tip top shape & hitting the weight room & working on his quick-twitch muscles.

...'Cause, y'know, my main concern with Kaepernick this whole time is that he needs to get stronger & faster.

Kap aims to please you sick

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you mean Brady, Brees and Manning don't attend these types of camps? Cuz you know, they are already super fast and super ripped.

Why couldn't we have the #1 when Luck came out?????:bawling:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you mean Brady, Brees and Manning don't attend these types of camps? Cuz you know, they are already super fast and super ripped.

Yeah, damn Harbaugh, Willis, Gore, and ironically former number one Smith for screwing us out of the chance to have the worst record in 2011. Didn't Harbaugh bring back Smith in a suck for Luck campaign?

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Said 30 other NFL teams.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread turned from Crims' legit concerns about Kaepernick throwing in the offseason to pure ridiculousness. :L:doh:

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most football players (even in college) go through similar programs in the offseason. It's football and guys workout especially if part of their game involves being physically gifted. They also work on skill and techniques in the offseason, it's all part if the process.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Most football players (even in college) go through similar programs in the offseason. It's football and guys workout especially if part of their game involves being physically gifted. They also work on skill and techniques in the offseason, it's all part if the process.

For any other position I'd agree. I've never seen a QB who worked this much on his athleticism. That in and of itself isn't a huge problem, but I have serious doubts about whether Kap is working on his passing to the extent that I would like him to be.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he wants to look even better if he's asked again to pose for the ESPN magazine. But on a serious note, this is what worries me about Kap. It's time to work on his opportunity areas to become a better QB. He should be working on his footwork, reads, and so forth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The faster and stronger he gets will make him better for the season. Its March people, he has 5 months to work on his throwing. Show me another QB in the NFL that could do work out like him or even look like him? The answer is ZERO

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The faster and stronger he gets will make him better for the season. Its March people, he has 5 months to work on his throwing. Show me another QB in the NFL that could do work out like him or even look like him? The answer is ZERO

What does how he looks have anything to do with anything?

I want a good QB, not eye candy

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does it all, thats what makes him good

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great video. Boy looks good. This kid is going to be special for us. He might not be great but will be special.

The only advice I would give Kap is don't get too big at the QB position. I like the speed training.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does how he looks have anything to do with anything?

I want a good QB, not eye candy

Because a big part of his game is being able to run. This is why he never gets hurt when he gets hit. Like others have said... hopefully this is just the start. He has a lot of time until camp. Besides, how do we know he isn't looking at film every night?