• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kap's Offseason Workout

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Give credit the playoffs they worked out that time out stuff.

You've got to be joking. We had a delay of game on a crucial 3rd and 1 in the championship game, followed by a fumble on 3rd and 6.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You've got to be joking. We had a delay of game on a crucial 3rd and 1 in the championship game, followed by a fumble on 3rd and 6.

Technically, they didn't call the timeout. I'm glad they worked that out. (Sarcasm)

P.S. My comment is re: both Kaepernick and the coaches for not noticing the time running out or getting the play out quickly. A run was practical, probable, and predictable. Maybe they were outthinking themselves?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No ignorance being displayed here broham. I said its not a super big deal but its lame to read/hear/see more shit about his sweet bod (and exclusively shit about his sweet bod) when that sweet bod had some pretty substantial failings as a QB but in the end its probably the media's fault for focusing on his sweet bod instead of his big dumb drooling retard brain because they can't get enough of that sweet, sweet bod.

It would be nice to hear that he's trying to actually become a better QB not a better athlete, that's all.

Now stop being such a hoser. I fully acknowledge that imac gonna imac and you need an outlet for all your Molson-fueled rage but take it out on the usual cast of dumb dumbs, don't try and lay your pedantic semantic smackdown on a level-headed, smart, valuable poster like Crimson.

You think Kap is a very good QB already and (I assume) you think he will progress even more. That's fine, you're entitled to that opinion (although I do think the "Kap is very good already" part is pretty flagrantly wrong). But you also need to realize that other people are allowed to be skeptical of what Kap is doing to prepare for this season and whether or not he is doing the right things to progress as a QB. So far we are hearing the same reports about him as we did last year, and at best he stagnated this season. If he didn't get any better last offseason and he's doing the same stuff this offseason, people are justified in being a little annoyed when they hear/read/see stuff like this.

Now relax. Go make a Tim Horton's run or something and stop obsessing over the fact that people on the Internet disagree with your assessment of your QB.

Crims acknowledged that he went over the top with his opening post.

I also don't believe I've said Kap is a very good QB. I've simply said it's stupid to criticize his off-season program based on a 2:42 second video.

This has nothing to do with my assessment of Kap as a QB. This has everything to do with people jumping to conclusions about his off-season work.

I'd throw in some shots about American traditions, but I'm afraid I'd get shot.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right imac, you didn't use the word "very." I disagree with the sentiment however, but maybe we can just agree to disagree? (I know, I know, I find the concept of you agreeing with anyone, let alone agreeing to disagree, to be just as hilarious as you do. But maybe this one time?)

No, they can't just throw it at their mediocre QB. Fortunately, we're not talking about giving Alex Smith 20M per year. He's not here anymore. We have a good QB.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You're right imac, you didn't use the word "very." I disagree with the sentiment however, but maybe we can just agree to disagree? (I know, I know, I find the concept of you agreeing with anyone, let alone agreeing to disagree, to be just as hilarious as you do. But maybe this one time?)

I'm fine with agreeing to disagree. As I said, my only issue is when people form their opinions off weak evidence.

For example, if someone were to say Aldon Smith weren't working to get better because Maiocco and Barrows haven't written about it, I would call them on their stupidity.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with agreeing to disagree. As I said, my only issue is when people form their opinions off weak evidence.

For example, if someone were to say Aldon Smith weren't working to get better because Maiocco and Barrows haven't written about it, I would call them on their stupidity.

You're moving the goal posts again

Look imac, I'm not going to get dragged into you doing that thing that you do so well. You're a master at it, no doubt about it, but you're barking up the wrong tree when you try to do it to people in this thread. Luckily purguy has offered himself up as a sacrificial lamb in the Chris Cook thread. Go. Do that thing that you do so well. I will enjoy reading it as I always do. But don't try it here. Give it up. I refuse to be your Huckleberry this time.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

u aren't good at this. Im starting to learn that. Im talking about taking time outs right away. In season it seemed like we were out of time out before the 2nd Q even started.

Yes they still have work to do but at least we aren't just wasting Time outs right away. Baby steps. This year lets hope we learn not to take Delay of Game Penalties.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me Im not saying they have this fixed. They still have work to do. I think this falls more on the coaching staff because Smith had the same issues. I think its 80%-90% on the staff and 10%-20% on Kap or Smith.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Trust me Im not saying they have this fixed. They still have work to do. I think this falls more on the coaching staff because Smith had the same issues. I think its 80%-90% on the staff and 10%-20% on Kap or Smith.

So when you said they "worked out that timeout stuff," what you really meant was they still haven't figured it out? Gotcha.

As far as blame, certainly more on the coaching staff, but Kap's the guy who is ultimately responsible for getting the snap off. He's got to do a better job.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Crims acknowledged that he went over the top with his opening post.

I also don't believe I've said Kap is a very good QB. I've simply said it's stupid to criticize his off-season program based on a 2:42 second video.

This has nothing to do with my assessment of Kap as a QB. This has everything to do with people jumping to conclusions about his off-season work.

I'd throw in some shots about American traditions, but I'm afraid I'd get shot.

That, of course, being the greatest of American traditions.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought kap's offseason workout were 40 inch asses?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when you said they "worked out that timeout stuff," what you really meant was they still haven't figured it out? Gotcha.

As far as blame, certainly more on the coaching staff, but Kap's the guy who is ultimately responsible for getting the snap off. He's got to do a better job.

Why do people make stuff up. I never said they worked it out. I said we should give a little credit because they looked better in the playoffs. We weren't burning time outs so quick. Then I stated again that they still need to work on it. That they didn't fix everything yet. I was just talking about time outs not taking delay of game penalties.

Some guys on here make statements bigger then what they were meant for. People need to chill out. A lot of angry people on here.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this:

is not you saying they worked out the time out stuff? I mean, you literally said it. Dude.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
u aren't good at this. Im starting to learn that. Im talking about taking time outs right away. In season it seemed like we were out of time out before the 2nd Q even started.

Yes they still have work to do but at least we aren't just wasting Time outs right away. Baby steps. This year lets hope we learn not to take Delay of Game Penalties.

I'm going to suggest that you start thinking about your posts before you hit the "submit reply" button. Here's what you initially said, before doubling down and acting like even more of a moron in the post above:

They sure did work it out. Let's consider how they did in those playoff games. They had a delay of game penalty in a crucial situation in the NFCC game. Against Carolina, they burned two of their three TOs with ten minutes of play in the 4th. And the GB game was a great one for this problem. They just burned two TOs on the first drive, called a TO before running a play at the start of the second half, and retained one TO in the final 8 minutes of game play. But hey, they only used one TO in the championship game, so there's that.

Although it seems to me like they were actually worse in the playoffs than they were in the regular season, you're probably right. Baby steps are fine. I mean, it's only been three full seasons. We wouldn't want to rush into fixing literally the most basic problem a team can have.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why do people make stuff up. I never said they worked it out. I said we should give a little credit because they looked better in the playoffs. We weren't burning time outs so quick. Then I stated again that they still need to work on it. That they didn't fix everything yet. I was just talking about time outs not taking delay of game penalties.

Some guys on here make statements bigger then what they were meant for. People need to chill out. A lot of angry people on here.

See above re: thinking before you hit "submit."

That applies to this entire post, not just the highlighted part.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So this:

is not you saying they worked out the time out stuff? I mean, you literally said it. Dude.

I was just about to go get that post. I figured I should see if anyone else did first. It's rare that I literally LOL here, but when I read him say

Why do people make stuff up. I never said they worked it out.

I did a little.