• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaep wants a new start

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep needs a fresh start. He needs the right coaching and offense around him, not some templated college scheme that's already failed in the NFL.

Here goes Chip Kelly again, jettisoning the talent.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep needs a fresh start. He needs the right coaching and offense around him, not some templated college scheme that's already failed in the NFL.

Here goes Chip Kelly again, jettisoning the talent.

That's such a fickle word. Does it truly apply here? Does he have the talent to effectively man the QB position in the NFL?

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Niners have had as many great QB's as anyone, and I did think Kaepernick was going to be our next one, nope. I don't think he's worth the $$$ now, but what are our options? Maybe Kelly can devise some scheme Kaepernick can be effective in, but I do have my doubts.

I confess a bit wishy washy about this. I am a bit curious about what he'd do in a Chip Kelly offense, but that...$$$$$$$....hmmmm?

They could go for Goff or another QB with that first rounder. If their GM sees him or anyone else as a true franchise guy, just start him right away, know he'll take a few lumps and the first few years might not see major success, and go from there.

Why does Crapernick want to go to the Jets? Not getting that one.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing the stories that come out this time of year. Just about every single player by March will have been rumored to not like something about their current team or that they are going to be traded and maybe 3% of that actually happens that is reported.

People get sucked into these stories all the time.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe he has a foot fetish like Ryan and feels like that common element can get him some playing time.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All teams looking for a 1-2 read QB apply.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he has a foot fetish like Ryan and feels like that common element can get him some playing time.

Then he is dumber than I thought...since Ryan is no longer with the Jets. Sounds about right!

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My guess is that the jets have talent and good coaching to be successful now and that Kaep thinks he can displace Fitzpatrick. Easiest winning team to get onto as they have a weak QB position. Just my guess.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that the jets have talent and good coaching to be successful now and that Kaep thinks he can displace Fitzpatrick. Easiest winning team to get onto as they have a weak QB position. Just my guess.

Jet's have two big, vertical WR's and they want to run the ball more than they pass it. It's exactly what a guy like Kaep needs. Marshall and Decker might be the best pair of WR's for a strong armed QB to throw the ball to in the league. Kaep really couldn't pick a better spot to go to.

If Peyton decides to play another season after the SB, the Jet's is the team that he will pick (if the Jet's will have him...which I doubt).

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jet's have two big, vertical WR's and they want to run the ball more than they pass it. It's exactly what a guy like Kaep needs. Marshall and Decker might be the best pair of WR's for a strong armed QB to throw the ball to in the league. Kaep really couldn't pick a better spot to go to.

If Peyton decides to play another season after the SB, the Jet's is the team that he will pick (if the Jet's will have him...which I doubt).

Marshall has been pretty vocal he doesn't want Kaep around. No surprise he wants Fitz back considering the kind of year Marshall had with him. I also think Fitz is way better than Kaep. There are QBs better than Fitz, but he's a known quantity that had them a game away from the playoffs with a new coach following a terrible prior season for the Jets.

I'd guess the Jets want Fitzmagic back unless there is an obvious upgrade. Kaep ain't it.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could go for Goff or another QB with that first rounder. If their GM sees him or anyone else as a true franchise guy, just start him right away, know he'll take a few lumps and the first few years might not see major success, and go from there.

That right there is why I think Kaep stays in SF. Baalke and Kelly don't have time to wait until year 3 to be good again.

If this coming season is a disaster, I think both will likely be gone. If they don't get more than 8 wins in either of the next two seasons, a snowbell stands a better chance in hell than these two do of keeping their jobs.

SF fans might doubt Kaep and think getting rid of him is best for the franchise. And they might be right. But what is best for Baalke and Kelly is holding on to Kaep. Those two would need to find lighting in a bottle on draft day in order to have jobs 2 years from today. And looking at this draft class of QB's: Kaep really is their best hope.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That right there is why I think Kaep stays in SF. Baalke and Kelly don't have time to wait until year 3 to be good again.

If this coming season is a disaster, I think both will likely be gone. If they don't get more than 8 wins in either of the next two seasons, a snowbell stands a better chance in hell than these two do of keeping their jobs.

SF fans might doubt Kaep and think getting rid of him is best for the franchise. And they might be right. But what is best for Baalke and Kelly is holding on to Kaep. Those two would need to find lighting in a bottle on draft day in order to have jobs 2 years from today. And looking at this draft class of QB's: Kaep really is their best hope.

Great point. From Baalke/Kelly point of view, they are going to want to see results now. Baalke isn't bright enough to envision a long term plan. So yeah, keeping Kaep makes sense for them, but so did keeping Harbaugh so who knows what they do in SF?

I guess I forgot we weren't dealing with the brightest GM when I made my comments lol. The reality is though, SF is not going to compete for another year or two so going with Goff probably makes quite a bit of sense. I can't see SF threatening the Division champs or Seattle next year or probably even the year after.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshall has been pretty vocal he doesn't want Kaep around. No surprise he wants Fitz back considering the kind of year Marshall had with him. I also think Fitz is way better than Kaep. There are QBs better than Fitz, but he's a known quantity that had them a game away from the playoffs with a new coach following a terrible prior season for the Jets.

I'd guess the Jets want Fitzmagic back unless there is an obvious upgrade. Kaep ain't it.

Fitz is a FA and an old guy (will turn 34 during the season next year). What he asks for in a contract from the Jet's plays a big part in this decision I am sure.

Foles signing a 2 year $24M last year probably has Fitz's agent seeing dollar signs. And if he doesn't get a $10M+ contract from the Jet's, he could give the LA Rams (weird) a call and might get it there.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitz is a FA and an old guy (will turn 34 during the season next year). What he asks for in a contract from the Jet's plays a big part in this decision I am sure.

Foles signing a 2 year $24M last year probably has Fitz's agent seeing dollar signs. And if he doesn't get a $10M+ contract from the Jet's, he could give the LA Rams (weird) a call and might get it there.

All great points. I think the Jets pony up the cash. Fitz will have bargaining power because there just aren't a lot of better options for the Jets if he goes somewhere else. Bradford? Cousins? You could argue those are upgrades, but I'm not really sure. After that, it's nothing but downhill on the FA market.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All great points. I think the Jets pony up the cash. Fitz will have bargaining power because there just aren't a lot of better options for the Jets if he goes somewhere else. Bradford? Cousins? You could argue those are upgrades, but I'm not really sure. After that, it's nothing but downhill on the FA market.

The QB contracts this offseason are going to be probably the most interesting to watch. Fitz, Cousins, Osweiller. What the hell does the agent offer? And does any of the franchises they are playing for have the guts to say no to outrageous demands and move on especially with the Ram's and Texans lurking in the background.

I bet you anything that Fitz's agent asks the Jet's for a 3 year $40M+ deal with most of year 2 in guaranteed money. And Cousin's agent is probably going to be asking for $100M deal.

That Foles contract really upped the ante for starting QB contracts especially if you are an average QB.

Last edited: