• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaep wants a new start

NFLforever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see him stay. I believe he still has much to offer. I think last season was an aberration.

We'll probably draft Goff from Cal. I don't think he's day 1 ready and think Kaep should still be the #1 QB during Goff's learning process. I doubt Kaep wants to do that. Not sure where he could go and be the starter.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see him stay. I believe he still has much to offer. I think last season was an aberration.

We'll probably draft Goff from Cal. I don't think he's day 1 ready and think Kaep should still be the #1 QB during Goff's learning process. I doubt Kaep wants to do that. Not sure where he could go and be the starter.

It wasn't just last season. He has had regressing numbers and production for the last few years. He also looks on the field worse and I know some of that is because of his line and coaching. We haven't had a winning team for the last two years either. That's not all on him and he could do better in the future, but it's not in aberration, it's the ups and downs of an NFL career.

NFLforever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire team has had issues, so it's hard to distinguish between Kaep regressing or the entire team regressing. Look at Rodgers from Green bay, he loses just one receiver and his normally MVP numbers drop to average. I'm not ready to give up on him and I'm not sold on Goff being NFL ready like Luck was. I think Kaep will bring some sort of stability. Of course I could be wrong but I think he still can make a difference.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire team has had issues, so it's hard to distinguish between Kaep regressing or the entire team regressing. Look at Rodgers from Green bay, he loses just one receiver and his normally MVP numbers drop to average. I'm not ready to give up on him and I'm not sold on Goff being NFL ready like Luck was. I think Kaep will bring some sort of stability. Of course I could be wrong but I think he still can make a difference.

Yes, it's hard to distinguish and I said that it was more than just Kaepernick. Your opinion is fine, but for whatever reasons, it's been two down years for Kaepernick and three years ago wasn't as good as four years ago when he started. Some of that is him, some of that is film on him, some of that is him working on the wrong things, partly because his coaches didn't make him work on the correct things, and some of it was him not thinking it was a big deal. Did he work on it? For sure. Enough or in the right way? Not until he worked with Warner and that wasn't enough, IMO. The team has gone down and that includes him. He might turn it around, but as I said, I view it as the ups and downs of an NFL career, and he has to own it to get better. Reasons for decline, not excuses, if that makes sense. Look at where he can improve and where he has struggled and own that.

NFLforever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it's hard to distinguish and I said that it was more than just Kaepernick. Your opinion is fine, but for whatever reasons, it's been two down years for Kaepernick and three years ago wasn't as good as four years ago when he started. Some of that is him, some of that is film on him, some of that is him working on the wrong things, partly because his coaches didn't make him work on the correct things, and some of it was him not thinking it was a big deal. Did he work on it? For sure. Enough or in the right way? Not until he worked with Warner and that wasn't enough, IMO. The team has gone down and that includes him. He might turn it around, but as I said, I view it as the ups and downs of an NFL career, and he has to own it to get better. Reasons for decline, not excuses, if that makes sense. Look at where he can improve and where he has struggled and own that.
I agree with your analysis 100%

I want to see more offensive production this season but also, an improved defense. I will be watching the draft closely.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers numbers were not average. Everyone is so used to Rodgers being impeccable so when last season happened everyone was like "omg he's average".

Since when is 31 TD and 8 int average? What is considered a bad season for Rodgers is better than 95% of QBs in the league.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Rodgers season was "average" then Kaeps was utter trash. Rodgers wasn't benched for Blaine Gabbert. Rodgers didn't have Blaine Gabbert step in and have a better QB rating and record.

I hope a change helps Kaep because he is a blast to watch, but yes... HE regressed. He shouldn't be outplayed by Gabbert. He struggled mightily as well as his team.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers numbers were not average. Everyone is so used to Rodgers being impeccable so when last season happened everyone was like "omg he's average".

Since when is 31 TD and 8 int average? What is considered a bad season for Rodgers is better than 95% of QBs in the league.

He makes good decisions so his ratio is still good.

But 16th in passer rating is average.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Denver cracks at the last minute?
Looks like Kaep is at least smart enough to keep the money he has guaranteed......
Someone will crack during the draft, maybe all three do. Kaep takes a Mil or do less, Denver and SF agrees to split the difference.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone will crack during the draft, maybe all three do. Kaep takes a Mil or do less, Denver and SF agrees to split the difference.
There are always teams that do foolish things during the draft.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was thinking the same thing when I read that. If that's average, I'll take an average QB every year.