• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

JvR-Talbot-Voracek

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if anyone else noticed it, but this line was completely dominant tonight from start to finish. They could be the first or at least second line on any given Nhl team if they keep up the offensive pressure and cycling they had going this evening. It was truly something to behold.

That second period by our squad was one of the more dominant periods of hockey I've seen all season long. The Caps only just barely started to get it going late in that frame, otherwise it was completely in our favor and due in large part to JvR, Talbot and Voracek.

I found myself applauding the effort tonight more than usual. This was a true team win as Bryz was there when he needed to be, but the players in front of him really got the job done in all three zones. Jagr and Hartnell still look like they can be a force to be reckoned with and Couturier at 19 does not look all that out of place on a line with them.

The compete level was there for most of the game, even from the fourth line of Harry Z, Rinaldo and Shelley. They played more minutes than usual and were surprisingly effective with them.

Once it got to 4-0 and 5-0 especially, we definitely let off the gas and the Caps gained some momentum and opportunities, but that is expected.

This definitely goes down as one of those games I am very hesitant to delete from my dvr. I believe this also officially dispels any rumor that the Flyers were a one-man team. Congratulations boys, you earned it!!

Last edited by a moderator:

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent post Mav. Rep forthcoming tomorrow. :becky:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, i feel very comfortable defensively and offensively with that line

how about voracek filling in for giroux on the PK? when we traded for him i never thought i'd see him out there PK-ing.. he's been a very pleasant addition, gives his all just about every shift, and him and talbot have been playing very well together

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, i feel very comfortable defensively and offensively with that line

how about voracek filling in for giroux on the PK? when we traded for him i never thought i'd see him out there PK-ing.. he's been a very pleasant addition, gives his all just about every shift, and him and talbot have been playing very well together

I saw that as well. Talbot already kills a ton of penalties effectively, but with G out, now you can send Voracek out there with Talbot instead and also still have them on the same line together. Voracek is just so good with his puck possession, elusiveness and quick shot while Talbot is just so smart and tenacious in all areas of the ice. Once JvR really gets it going like he did in the playoffs last season, this line (if still together) could be something special.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talbot has a high of 13 goals and 26 points. Anyone think he will blow by those?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talbot has a high of 13 goals and 26 points. Anyone think he will blow by those?

Yes, definitely. He's on pace for 23 goals, 17 assists and 40 points, which would all be career highs by a wide margin. Say his goal scoring slows some, he's still going to crush 13 with no trouble at all.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, definitely. He's on pace for 23 goals, 17 assists and 40 points, which would all be career highs by a wide margin. Say his goal scoring slows some, he's still going to crush 13 with no trouble at all.

Bylsma to Talbot: "Goal scorer now?"

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bylsma to Talbot: "Goal scorer now?"

After the goal last night, he's now on pace for 25 goals.

Can you imagine!?! :eek2:

We could have anywhere from five to eight 25 goal scorers depending on whether guys like Briere, Simmonds, Talbot and JvR get there.

1. Giroux
2. Hartnell
3. Read
4. Jagr
5. Briere
6. Simmonds
7. Talbot
8. JvR

They're all technically on pace for 25+ goals at this moment.

Last edited by a moderator: