• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Cunning Plan.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know that this years draft, while better than last is not supposed to be as deep as next year. Well, make that work to our benefit.
All trades to include conditional picks in the 2023 draft. Load up on depth.

The Flyers need to desperately fill the shelves with players in Reading and Lehigh, as well as with the big team. The best ways to do that are loading up at the draft and lots of college free agents and un drafted free agents.

The other parts of my cunning plan involve a stun gun and gag for Fletcher, blocking Bobby Clarke's phone number and a seance.

All I know is that it is going to be a long and bumpy ride.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know that this years draft, while better than last is not supposed to be as deep as next year. Well, make that work to our benefit.
All trades to include conditional picks in the 2023 draft. Load up on depth.

The Flyers need to desperately fill the shelves with players in Reading and Lehigh, as well as with the big team. The best ways to do that are loading up at the draft and lots of college free agents and un drafted free agents.

The other parts of my cunning plan involve a stun gun and gag for Fletcher, blocking Bobby Clarke's phone number and a seance.

All I know is that it is going to be a long and bumpy ride.
I'm hoping that they brought in Briere to assess better talent than Fletcher. Since being hired he has been pretty active in this regard, maybe give him the green light to negotiate.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have ZERO trust in the process that involves Cliff Fletcher.

I think Briere would be a big breath of fresh air in the GM seat. The team desperately needs a Cap management person who can help get out of the mess that they are in. It isn't as simple as get rid of JvR.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have ZERO trust in the process that involves Cliff Fletcher.

I think Briere would be a big breath of fresh air in the GM seat. The team desperately needs a Cap management person who can help get out of the mess that they are in. It isn't as simple as get rid of JvR.
There have been some successful players who have become GM. I feel those guys have a better grip on spotting talent then people who've never played at the NHL level. Sakic and Yzerman have both done a good job.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may actually have a cunning plan...that may, or may not be crazy....but, hear me out.
Don't trade or try to move JvR at the draft. After 7/1, when the Flyers pay the 1 million due signing bonus, then move him and retain 50%. A 3.5 mill JvR might actualy draw a return. It is also an 833 thousand improvement over buying him out. That means potentially another kid.

This is an off the wall thought...but, move Hayes? He might well have value and it would clear another 7 million on the cap.
It also clears the 2C in the lineup. Not saying I am in favor of this, but would consider it if the return was there.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may actually have a cunning plan...that may, or may not be crazy....but, hear me out.
Don't trade or try to move JvR at the draft. After 7/1, when the Flyers pay the 1 million due signing bonus, then move him and retain 50%. A 3.5 mill JvR might actualy draw a return. It is also an 833 thousand improvement over buying him out. That means potentially another kid.

This is an off the wall thought...but, move Hayes? He might well have value and it would clear another 7 million on the cap.
It also clears the 2C in the lineup. Not saying I am in favor of this, but would consider it if the return was there.
What makes you think there is a GM out there who is willing to pay Kevin Hayes 7.142 million for the next 4 years ?

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think there is a GM out there who is willing to pay Kevin Hayes 7.142 million for the next 4 years ?
Honestly, I don't know...I think in the right combination deal it could be done. It would mean taking something back, but depending on what that is it may be a win. EX: The Flyers get Dumba, or, ... a combination of players.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't know...I think in the right combination deal it could be done. It would mean taking something back, but depending on what that is it may be a win. EX: The Flyers get Dumba, or, ... a combination of players.
Our defense already is taking up to much of our cap and we are looking to unload a defenseman to free up money that way. Brining in Dumba would blow up that plan. I would like to get rid of Hayes salary myself but i dont think Dumba would be the one for us to take onto our cap.