• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justified

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawman settles down south ...Kentucky ? Shane from The Shield is in it.... a bad guy.

??
The show you're thinking of is most likely Justified. Shane from The Shield is also a tranny in Sons of Anarchy.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's it, Justified. Thanks, night. I guess I could have figured it out by googling The Shield and then the guy who played Shane. I watched a couple of episodes its first season and then quit for some reason. It was really good. It looks like Amazon Prime is my best bet if I want to stream it.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky is "down south"? :scratch:

And if it's "Justified", isn't the transfer actually a move north (from Florida)? Although I suppose I should shut up and just let you enjoy the show, since it's a good one

It is if you're in Michigan, Southern Ohio is down south for me. Yeah I don't really recall where he transferred from.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's it, Justified. Thanks, night. I guess I could have figured it out by googling The Shield and then the guy who played Shane. I watched a couple of episodes its first season and then quit for some reason. It was really good. It looks like Amazon Prime is my best bet if I want to stream it.
I guess I still get surprised that people do not frequent this site, since it has been a mainstay for me for years...

IMDb - Movies, TV and Celebrities - IMDb

The #1 resource for any film question you would ever have. Kind of the BaseBallReference for movies.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I still get surprised that people do not frequent this site, since it has been a mainstay for me for years...

IMDb - Movies, TV and Celebrities - IMDb

The #1 resource for any film question you would ever have. Kind of the BaseBallReference for movies.

There is a lot of shit people do or do not do that surprises the shit of of me.

But this would be up there.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally got caught up with the final season. Great show.

Seasons 2, 3 and 4 were amazing. Seasons 1 and 6 were solid. Season 5 was kinda meh.

I like how they ended the show. Raylon had lots of issues with his dad and once he came across Ava he made the decision that made sense for his character. Rarely do you see that happen in a long, drawn out show. I did have an issue with how they shot the last season with Boyd Crowder getting way too many free escapes before the finale. I get that he has nine lives and all but he had too many people gunning for him to be so cavalier. I do think they ended things perfectly

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally got caught up with the final season. Great show.

Seasons 2, 3 and 4 were amazing. Seasons 1 and 6 were solid. Season 5 was kinda meh.

Seasons two and three were my favorites of all the seasons (loved watching Margo Martindale as Mags and Neal McDonough have a blast playing Robert Quarles). Season four was the only one I really didn't like too much.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seasons two and three were my favorites of all the seasons (loved watching Margo Martindale as Mags and Neal McDonough have a blast playing Robert Quarles). Season four was the only one I really didn't like too much.
The Drew Thompson plot was interesting because it left intrigue throughout the whole season. It also had more of Art than any other season and he was one of the better characters on the show. He was my gf's favorite. Colton was a solid 'villain' and Justified pretty much copied him in Season 6 with Peacock, Choo Choo and the other guy. Patton Oswalt was also a great addition.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Drew Thompson plot was interesting because it left intrigue throughout the whole season. It also had more of Art than any other season and he was one of the better characters on the show. He was my gf's favorite. Colton was a solid 'villain' and Justified pretty much copied him in Season 6 with Peacock, Choo Choo and the other guy. Patton Oswalt was also a great addition.

I did like Art. I think my favorite other than Raylan and Boyd was Tim (who I wish had a bigger part throughout the series) and Dewey Crowe (mainly just for how stupid he was). The only character on the show I couldn't stand was Winona and was glad she left to do The Following and was an afterthought for the most part from this season on. I do agree, I did like Constable Bob.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did like Art. I think my favorite other than Raylan and Boyd was Tim (who I wish had a bigger part throughout the series) and Dewey Crowe (mainly just for how stupid he was). The only character on the show I couldn't stand was Winona and was glad she left to do The Following and was an afterthought for the most part from this season on. I do agree, I did like Constable Bob.
I don't think you're supposed to like Winona. She presents herself as someone who tried to make the relationship work but was always in over her head and part of a totally different world. Raylan was constantly in a war zone and she wanted him to stop fighting. It would be like a military wife protesting her husband's involvement in the military.

Raylan in general just seems totally lost when it comes to family as he had his choice of women and didn't settle with any of them. You figure most women would put up with him, though, which is what Ava was kinda alluding to in the last season I think.

The last season seems set up in a manner to where they can continue the show if they really, really, really wanted to. Or they could continue the universe if they really, really, really wanted to. There are probably a half dozen actors in that show that will probably never get better work.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you're supposed to like Winona. She presents herself as someone who tried to make the relationship work but was always in over her head and part of a totally different world. Raylan was constantly in a war zone and she wanted him to stop fighting. It would be like a military wife protesting her husband's involvement in the military.

Raylan in general just seems totally lost when it comes to family as he had his choice of women and didn't settle with any of them. You figure most women would put up with him, though, which is what Ava was kinda alluding to in the last season I think.

The last season seems set up in a manner to where they can continue the show if they really, really, really wanted to. Or they could continue the universe if they really, really, really wanted to. There are probably a half dozen actors in that show that will probably never get better work.

To me, she has I call X-Pac heat in wrestling terms, meaning that I'm not booing you because you're a villain, I'm booing you because I want you off my tv screen. I'm not sure if it's the actress or not because I didn't like her a whole lot on The Following either. She did want him to stop fighting, but didn't complain when he helped her out when she stole the money from evidence in season three.

I think Raylan really wanted it to work out with Winona but they just had two bullheaded personalities and as a result, it was always doomed for failure between them. I knew after Winona when he was sleeping with the bartender that they were going to explore that relationship a little more but after her and her significant other conned him, they ended that one quick.

I do agree, if they really wanted to, they could've done another season if they altered it somewhat. The show wouldn't be the same though without Raylan and Boyd talking because those are some of my favorite scenes when they're together. But I figure they would be able to make it work somehow. As for the actors, I agree with you there as well, I don't see a whole lot of the actors and actresses making the most of their opportunities from being on the show but hope I'm wrong on that as some of them I thought did pretty good (would've loved to have seen a Dickie & Dewey spinoff). It looks like Walton Goggins (Boyd) is making the most of it. And here I thought that he was always going to be stuck with the Shane Vendrell from The Shield label but now, I'm always going to end up thinking of him as Boyd.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my favorite shows ever. I think T.O. is great in it, but Walton is a man. I thought it was interesting that Boyd was originally killed in the first episode(as in the book). Everyone loved the chemistry between Timothy and Walton at the test screening(they were already friends), and Boyd was written back in. Good move

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw the complete series on DVD for $40 as a prime day deal on Amazon FYIzzle.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished watching the complete series of Dexter, it dropped off after season 3 or 4 but it still intrigued me. That said, I wish FX would show a marathon of Justified so I can DVR it and watch it again. I really liked that show and would love to see it again. I know I can rent it, but having it on DVR and able to see episodes any time would be great.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished watching the complete series of Dexter, it dropped off after season 3 or 4 but it still intrigued me. That said, I wish FX would show a marathon of Justified so I can DVR it and watch it again. I really liked that show and would love to see it again. I know I can rent it, but having it on DVR and able to see episodes any time would be great.
I never watched it. I didn’t hear about it until about a half season in, and was never able to get started with it. It is at the top of my must-see list, though.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never watched it. I didn’t hear about it until about a half season in, and was never able to get started with it. It is at the top of my must-see list, though.
It's well worth the time to watch. Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins have great chemistry with each other in the scenes that they're in. In my opinion, seasons two and three were the best and four was the worst.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly recommend. Didn't finish off quite as strong as say 'The Shield,' but that's a pretty high bar. I'm a huge Elmore Leonard fan, and they stayed pretty true to the style and spirit of his work.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one of my favorite shows. There were some really great seasons of this show and it never got the love it deserved by award shows, but I recommend it.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have Amazon prime it's available to stream.