• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just for the heck of it: Flacco question

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I know this isn't going to happen. But...

Say Joe Flacco doesn't re-sign with Baltmore and becomes an URFA. Would you sign him & trade Kaepernick?

I would.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Say Joe Flacco doesn't re-sign with Baltmore and becomes an URFA. Would you sign him & trade Kaepernick?

I would.

No effin' way. Sure, Flacco's a proven commodity, but Kaep is like a stock that is about to explode. It's like we bought Google at the IPO level. We need to ride this shit for the next 10 years.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Not even remotely a chance.

Kaepernick can throw the deep ball nearly as well and has way more mobility to go with. With more experience and a legit deep threat to throw to CK is going to wind up being better than Flacco.

mm03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Am I the only one that thinks Boldin made Flacco look 10 times better than he is?

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Boldin and the rest of his WRs made him look a lot better. He underthrew that 2nd quarter bomb by at least 10 yards and the WR made a great adjustment (just like they did all game). But our secondary couldn't cover anything so they waltzed in for his 3rd TD of the 1st half. Fuck that half.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No effin' way. Sure, Flacco's a proven commodity, but Kaep is like a stock that is about to explode. It's like we bought Google at the IPO level. We need to ride this shit for the next 10 years.

:agree:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Love that avatar. Did the NFL ever release any kind of statement as to why Cary Williams wasn't even penalized, not to mention ejected, or basically attacking an official?

As to this question, I say no way. Kaepernick is almost three years younger, has comparable arm strength, and way more upside. I'm not a big fan of Flacco. He's improved his play considerably, but I don't like him that much. I wouldn't want him leading my team.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would.

Absurd!

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Love that avatar. Did the NFL ever release any kind of statement as to why Cary Williams wasn't even penalized, not to mention ejected, or basically attacking an official?

As to this question, I say no way. Kaepernick is almost three years younger, has comparable arm strength, and way more upside. I'm not a big fan of Flacco. He's improved his play considerably, but I don't like him that much. I wouldn't want him leading my team.

That should be "for basically attacking..."

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say Kaep has more arm strength than Flacco. Now he just needs to use a little touch.

As for making the trade, and signing Flacco.... no way. Not to mention the salary difference. We still have Kaep on contract for a bit and Flacco is gonna get big money. Plus I don't think they are that far apart in terms of level of play anyhow. Kaep is going to be far better in a couple years.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why...........

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Sickness!! CK7 did wat Flacco did early n his career. & just when u think u know a guy.
Fuck No 2 Flacco my guy.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sickness!! CK7 did wat Flacco did early n his career. & just when u think u know a guy.
Fuck No 2 Flacco my guy.

Actually, he didn't. Flacco actually played amazingly in the SB (and the entire postseason). Kaep blew the game by throwing a pick, not throwin the ball out of bounds & taking a sack at the end of the half and not getting to the line fast enough to hike the friggn' ball.

Am I the only one who realizes that Kaepernick is the 2nd luckiest QB in football to Matt Ryan in terms of talent around him? If Flacco had an OL & weapons like the Niners do, he would have been in the hunt for MVP. I'm not saying isn't going to eventually become a better QB than Flacco; he might. But Flacco did much better with far less. And there is no doubt in my mind the Niners would have EASILY won the SB if the two QBs were switched.

By the way, I fully expect Kaepernick to get back to the SB and win it next year, but I would be even more confident of the Niners doing so if they signed Flacco & got like 3 or 4 good to great starters out of the kind of deal they could make for Colin.

Last edited by a moderator:

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Helped out alot by our Def. Just bcuz u throw an Int doesn't mean u played bad. CK7 didn't have a good / grt postseason??? U puttin far 2 much on this lost on CK7. But u still cool wit me my guy.