• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just for the heck of it: Flacco question

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Please dnt tell me tht ur saying. CK7 has the same receiving corp tht punkazz MattyIce does? ATL has the best 1/2 punch n the league. & we 1 injury away from havin the worst my guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Helped out alot by our Def. Just bcuz u throw an Int doesn't mean u played bad. CK7 didn't have a good / grt postseason??? U puttin far 2 much on this lost on CK7. But u still cool wit me my guy.

His play wasn't bad, but it wasn't very good either. You have to expect mistakes from young QBs (like the pick), but losing the time out & not throwing the ball away were inexcuseable.

I'd just be more confident with a proven winner who excells in the playoffs plus a bunch of players the Niners could get in a trade.

Ok, back to obsessing over the draft & FA for the next 6 months...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Please dnt tell me tht ur saying. CK7 has the same receiving corp tht punkazz MattyIce does?

Hell no I'm not. Matty Romo had, by far, the best supporting cast of anyone in the NFL. Kaep had the best OL in the NFL and the 2nd best running game though.

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
So y didn't we run the damn ball then!!!! Sickness u gettin me pissed again. & I was over my Super Bowl hangover. Lol!!!

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this isn't going to happen. But...

Say Joe Flacco doesn't re-sign with Baltmore and becomes an URFA. Would you sign him & trade Kaepernick?

I would.

Hell No

Flacco is still not an elite QB no matter what he wants to think. It took a blown coverage and a few no calls for the Ravens to advance and win the Super Bowl. Flacco had a good run during the post season, but he also had the best offensive line in the playoffs and probably the best supporting cast of running backs and receivers. Pita is a great safety net target at TE for him as well. If you really think on just the Super Bowl it was the Receivers making plays. Flacco was at times just throwing balls up for grabs.

Besides all that Kaep offers far more options to the offense than Flacco and probably has an even stronger arm. Flacco was not nearly as good as Kaep at this stage in his career.

Also Flacco winning the Super Bowl MVP award was a joke. Jacoby Jones was the key player on the 2 plays that were most vital to the Ravens win. You could also make a case for how clutch Boldin was at coming down with some of those throw and pray passes Flacco was making.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, he didn't. Flacco actually played amazingly in the SB (and the entire postseason). Kaep blew the game by throwing a pick, not throwin the ball out of bounds & taking a sack at the end of the half and not getting to the line fast enough to hike the friggn' ball.

Am I the only one who realizes that Kaepernick is the 2nd luckiest QB in football to Matt Ryan in terms of talent around him? If Flacco had an OL & weapons like the Niners do, he would have been in the hunt for MVP. I'm not saying isn't going to eventually become a better QB than Flacco; he might. But Flacco did much better with far less. And there is no doubt in my mind the Niners would have EASILY won the SB if the two QBs were switched.

By the way, I fully expect Kaepernick to get back to the SB and win it next year, but I would be even more confident of the Niners doing so if they signed Flacco & got like 3 or 4 good to great starters out of the kind of deal they could make for Colin.

Bullshit. The 49ers receiving corps is middle of the pack, if that, and the defense can't stop anybody so he has to keep scoring..

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, he didn't. Flacco actually played amazingly in the SB (and the entire postseason). Kaep blew the game by throwing a pick, not throwin the ball out of bounds & taking a sack at the end of the half and not getting to the line fast enough to hike the friggn' ball.

Am I the only one who realizes that Kaepernick is the 2nd luckiest QB in football to Matt Ryan in terms of talent around him? If Flacco had an OL & weapons like the Niners do, he would have been in the hunt for MVP. I'm not saying isn't going to eventually become a better QB than Flacco; he might. But Flacco did much better with far less. And there is no doubt in my mind the Niners would have EASILY won the SB if the two QBs were switched.

By the way, I fully expect Kaepernick to get back to the SB and win it next year, but I would be even more confident of the Niners doing so if they signed Flacco & got like 3 or 4 good to great starters out of the kind of deal they could make for Colin.

You're STILL an idiot!

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick has had the best first 10 games of any QB I can think of.

I am actually doing research on that as you read this and thus far, best 1st 10 starts "ever" is in the lead!

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Apart from the financial reasons why this would totally be the wrong move, the Niners simply cannot trade away a 25-year old player with his immense talent. There might not be another QB in history who has his physical talents and skill set. Combine that with the fact that he seems to have a good head on his shoulders, and you have the potential of a QB who will be the best in the game. I want to see how this plays out on our team, not on some other team. Every team is searching for its franchise QB. We've got a young one and he's already pretty good. I think he has the potential to be the best QB in the game. You don't just trade him away.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Combine that with the fact that he seems to have a good head on his shoulders, and you have the potential of a QB who will be the best in the game.

I think there are about 10 QBs the Niners and their coaching staff could turn into the best QB in the game. Kaep is one of 'em.

Flacco is more of a known commodity though, and I'd go with Flacco + the ransom they could get for Kaep over Kaep. In no way is this an indictment of Kaep though; I just think that Flacco is one of the best postseason QBs in the NFL right now. He's up there with Eli.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are about 10 QBs the Niners and their coaching staff could turn into the best QB in the game. Kaep is one of 'em.

Flacco is more of a known commodity though, and I'd go with Flacco + the ransom they could get for Kaep over Kaep. In no way is this an indictment of Kaep though; I just think that Flacco is one of the best postseason QBs in the NFL right now. He's up there with Eli.

I get what you're saying about the haul that Kaep would bring back in a trade. It kinda makes sense. However, I'm confident that HarBaalke will do a great job of bringing in talented players without having to trade away our franchise QB.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm confident that HarBaalke will do a great job of bringing in talented players without having to trade away our franchise QB.

So am I. The Niners were the most talented team in football this season; they just... well, that's for another thread.

But with the cap space & draft picks they have this offseaosn, I expect the Niners to be the most talented team in football by a wide margin in 2013. :)

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So am I. The Niners were the most talented team in football this season; they just... well, that's for another thread.

But with the cap space & draft picks they have this offseaosn, I expect the Niners to be the most talented team in football by a wide margin in 2013. :)

OK, so we're agreed that there's no need to trade away Kaepernick and replace him with an older QB who we'll have to pay $20 million/year.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this isn't going to happen. But...

Say Joe Flacco doesn't re-sign with Baltmore and becomes an URFA. Would you sign him & trade Kaepernick?

I would.

Is this in Bizarro-land, or in reality?

In reality I'd laugh at the notion. In Bizarro-land, read the proposal before laughing at the notion.

"Here me out, we're going to sign Flacco..."

"LOL!!!!!"

"Wait, there's more..."

"LOL!!!!! Seriously, dude. You're fired. Pack your shit."

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're not the only one who realizes it. You're the only one who (incorrectly) thinks it.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please dnt tell me tht ur saying. CK7 has the same receiving corp tht punkazz MattyIce does? ATL has the best 1/2 punch n the league. & we 1 injury away from havin the worst my guy.

Don't take this the wrong way, but this is unreadable. You're not texting a buddy in this forum. If you want my advice, you should start typing actual sentences, using coherent words. Because if you don't, very few people on this forum are going to take you seriously, and most aren't going to bother reading your posts at all.

Again, don't take that the wrong way. I think you have a legitimate voice, but people aren't going to hear it when you post in text-slang.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Falcons (you stated that one), Saints, Patriots, Cowboys, Broncos, Giants, Lions (Calvin Johnson), and maybe a few others. In no particular order.

I could entertain your arguement about the Lions, Saints & Giants but the Cowboys? Have you seen their OL lately? The Broncos? I'd EASILY take the Niners' OL & running game over their #1 WR.

I REALLY don't know what you see in the Patiots over the Niners.