• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just for the heck of it: Flacco question

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could entertain your arguement about the Lions, Saints & Giants but the Cowboys? Have you seen their OL lately? The Broncos? I'd EASILY take the Niners' OL & running game over their #1 WR.

I REALLY don't know what you see in the Patiots over the Niners.

Playoff team with Tebow.

Really? The Patriots have easily the best QB friendly system in the league. Cassel took that team to 11 wins. You would trade Kaep for Flacco, but not Davis for Gronkowski?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Playoff team with Tebow.

We're talking just offense though.

Really? The Patriots have easily the best QB friendly system in the league. Cassel took that team to 11 wins. You would trade Kaep for Flacco, but not Davis for Gronkowski?

That was the 2008 Patriots before Moss was washed up. Davis & Gronk are a wash, for arguement's sake, but the Niners have a much better OL & running game.

And I didn't say I'd trade Kaep for Flacco; I said I'd take Flacco + a trade ransom over Kaep.

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
So sorry wartyOne, but didn't know we had forum police. But no hard feelings my guy.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was the 2008 Patriots before Moss was washed up. Davis & Gronk are a wash, for arguement's sake, but the Niners have a much better OL & running game.

And I didn't say I'd trade Kaep for Flacco; I said I'd take Flacco + a trade ransom over Kaep.

I know what you were talking about. But I'm referring to it in cost/benefit terms. Effectively we're trading Kaep for Flacco, not that we're trading Kaep to Baltimore for Flacco.

As for NE, their Oline isn't nearly as bad as you're suggesting. Who knows how good their running game is or isn't? With Brady, they're always going to be a passing attack. Which brings me back to my point that they're in the discussion. And Davis/Gronk isn't a wash, in my opinion.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what you were talking about. But I'm referring to it in cost/benefit terms. Effectively we're trading Kaep for Flacco, not that we're trading Kaep to Baltimore for Flacco.

As for NE, their Oline isn't nearly as bad as you're suggesting. Who knows how good their running game is or isn't? With Brady, they're always going to be a passing attack. Which brings me back to my point that they're in the discussion. And Davis/Gronk isn't a wash, in my opinion.

Who you got in that race W?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With Flacco's impending salary, how are we going to sign all of these draft picks that Kaep's trade nets? What happens if none of those picks turn out to be as good as Kaep? What happens if Kaep goes on to shred the league (including us every time we play him) for the next decade? What happens if Flacco is only as good as Boldin/Torrey Smith?

I get that we have a known commodity, and trading that known commodity could yield a ton. It could also destroy us as a franchise for the next decade.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Gronk, easily. Though his recent injury history is starting to be a bit concerning.

As an offensive weapon, though, he's much better than Davis in my opinion.

Both healthy (or perhaps not), I'm taking Gronk Mon-Sat and twice on Sunday.

VDavis, is somewhere between overrated & very overrated, IMO.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons (you stated that one), Saints, Patriots, Cowboys, Broncos, Giants, Lions (Calvin Johnson), and maybe a few others. In no particular order.

The Lions are a horrible situation for a QB. Having Megatron is nice, but they have a shaky OL, no semblance of a consistent running game, and their coaches are asking their QB, who's thrives in an i-Formation set with play-action, to spread it out and throw it 35+ times a game without the benefit of play-action.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love that avatar. Did the NFL ever release any kind of statement as to why Cary Williams wasn't even penalized, not to mention ejected, or basically attacking an official?

Sorry, didn't see this until now. Thanks and no, I haven't heard any explanation. Though, TBH, I'm avoiding a lot of media these days.

On topic for the thread, I think many/most would say Kaep looks like a franchise QB. I don't think the same was true for Flacco after ten starts. You keep the Franchise. PERIOD.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the NFL ever release any kind of statement as to why Cary Williams wasn't even penalized, not to mention ejected, or basically attacking an official?

Sorry, didn't see this until now. Thanks and no, I haven't heard any explanation. Though, TBH, I'm avoiding a lot of media these days.

On topic for the thread, I think many/most would say Kaep looks like a franchise QB. I don't think the same was true for Flacco after ten starts. You keep the Franchise. PERIOD.

Just to tag on to this about Williams - it was reported earlier today, perhaps yesterday, that Williams will not even be fined by the NFL.

If true, that is Really, REALLY stupid management by Goodell on this one. I wonder how they will circumvent the precedent they just established - say, "Oh, well it was the Super Bowl."

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to tag on to this about Williams - it was reported earlier today, perhaps yesterday, that Williams will not even be fined by the NFL.

If true, that is Really, REALLY stupid management by Goodell on this one. I wonder how they will circumvent the precedent they just established - say, "Oh, well it was the Super Bowl."

Note to self, wait until I have a really important meeting then deck my coworker.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note to self, wait until I have a really important meeting then deck my coworker.

You mean, manager. So then the supervisor won't suspend you. (If manager is higher than supervisor, then switch.)

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean, manager. So then the supervisor won't suspend you. (If manager is higher than supervisor, then switch.)

I was gonna put that, but a manager could still fire you (while a ref can't). Co-worker seemed the closest. Maybe project manager...those with office jobs please chime in. ;)

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Flacco's impending salary, how are we going to sign all of these draft picks that Kaep's trade nets? What happens if none of those picks turn out to be as good as Kaep? What happens if Kaep goes on to shred the league (including us every time we play him) for the next decade? What happens if Flacco is only as good as Boldin/Torrey Smith?

I get that we have a known commodity, and trading that known commodity could yield a ton. It could also destroy us as a franchise for the next decade.

Good point, how are you going to have the cap room to sign and keep all these star players?