• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just for Giggles.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees outdoors in fridge cold weather. LMAO.

Since 2006 Brees has played in 15 "cold" weather games. His record is 7-8.
Considering these are all road games I'm not sure laugh my ass off is what I or others might say? From that list I bet his record is as good as any.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Brady were to actually go play somewhere else next year, below is the list of QBs who be free agents in 2020, would you like to see any of them playing in Foxboro??

Drew Brees
Eli Manning
Philip Rivers
Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariotta
Dak Prescott

Considering that they're opening a new stadium next year, think the Chargers might go hard after a homegrown legend?

If Brady retires, I would welcome Brees or Rivers.
Prescott a distant 3rd if the deal was good.
The others are not even worth commenting on.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 2006 Brees has played in 15 "cold" weather games. His record is 7-8.
Considering these are all road games I'm not sure laugh my ass off is what I or others might say? From that list I bet his record is as good as any.

Source?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots vs. Bears - Game Summary - December 12, 2010 - ESPN

hqdefault.jpg

brady-snow-bears.jpg

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Brees is about the only one. A pocket passer so the system wouldn't need to much tweaking.

Eli no I think we'll see this as his last season.

Rivers would be a band aid fix. Just not sure he has that 'it" factor. Can't seem to get that big win.

Winston and Maritto just say no.

Dak would be interesting. But he'll likely cost too much and NE would need to develop a new system for him.

Brees and Rivers are too damn old, Eli sucks donkey balls, Mariotta couldn't figure out the playbook if it was written in crayon and Winston is a fucking clown with the IQ of a turnip. Dak Prescott couldn't make the current roster unless he learned how to play special teams.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
June and July are about to get brutal ..... All of a sudden my grandson is getting invitations to Prospect football camps everywhere. He's accepted a few in New England and couple outside.

On May 19 he attended a camp at UNE (University of New England). This year 2019, is their second football season. They finished 6-3 last year. Anyway, the temp was 48 and the camp was outside for four hours. He ran his first 40 in 4.70. They asked him to run it again. 4.6. I think word got around. I think he might be able to run under 4.5 in warm air.

This Thursday (6/13) I'm driving him to James Madison Univ. in Harrisburg, VA for a 4 hour Prospect tryout. 1200 mile round trip.
University of Rochester (NY) 6/23 1 Day Wide Receiver Prospect tryout
New England Elite 6/27-6/28) Tufts Univ. - More than 500 Div.I II III and NAIA coaches will be attending
UNH for a 5 day prospect camp (7/7-7/11)
Holy Cross 7/12
St. Anselms Univ. (Manchester, NH) 7/19 1 Day QB/WR Prospects tryout

Has anyone ever been through anything like this with children or grandchildren? I honestly don't mind driving him anywhere as long as he's willing to put forth full effort. The NE Elite is every position specialty drills and 11 on 11 mini games in full pads. Offers are often made on the spot by schools attending. This one seems to be the one where he should really concentrate, but getting a written invite by a school for a one day tryout seems to be pretty special.

Experience? Recommendations? Advice??

The most important thing to consider is what are his career (outside of football) goals. Unless James Madison and U of Rochester are offering full rides (can podunk Div IAA schools even do that?) I wouldn't let my kid waste their time. UNH, Holy Cross and St A's are outstanding schools so I would gently nudge him in that direction.

BostonBlackie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is the game that ever since, Urlacher's balls have been swinging free. Brady scrambled and needed five yards. Urlacher had Brady measured until Brady juked left, went right (stopped long enough to remove Urlachers jock) and picked up the first. I think it was on a 4th down toboot.

Doesn't look like it:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most important thing to consider is what are his career (outside of football) goals. Unless James Madison and U of Rochester are offering full rides (can podunk Div IAA schools even do that?) I wouldn't let my kid waste their time. UNH, Holy Cross and St A's are outstanding schools so I would gently nudge him in that direction.

U Rochester is Div. II. It's is one of the most difficult schools to get into in the country. Acceptance is base on GPA of 3.8/4.0 or higher and an SAT of 1425. Primarily a medical, engineering or business school. It has one of the most advanced sports medicine schools in the world. He really liked the school and he gets "how are things going?" texts and emails every week. The OC has said that his GPA is no problem at 3.685 and if he plays football they can get the 1425 SAT waived and his 1150 is fine. At UR all player MUST maintain a 3.0 GPA and all must take a full schedule of courses. The football team lives right at the end zone of the stadium and there is one half of an entire floor dedicated to tutoring for course offered on campus for the football team. Coiaches are given weekly grade updates from every professor so there's no way that any one of them can say "I didn't know."

The social aspect and getting to know other people also helps build for future contacts. If he can get a full ride the tuition is $78,000 a year and the degree is equivilent to any Ivy League school.

Just hoping that his right knee is only a partial ACL tear. We'll know Monday.

BostonBlackie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U Rochester is Div. II. It's is one of the most difficult schools to get into in the country. Acceptance is base on GPA of 3.8/4.0 or higher and an SAT of 1425. Primarily a medical, engineering or business school. It has one of the most advanced sports medicine schools in the world. He really liked the school and he gets "how are things going?" texts and emails every week. The OC has said that his GPA is no problem at 3.685 and if he plays football they can get the 1425 SAT waived and his 1150 is fine. At UR all player MUST maintain a 3.0 GPA and all must take a full schedule of courses. The football team lives right at the end zone of the stadium and there is one half of an entire floor dedicated to tutoring for course offered on campus for the football team. Coiaches are given weekly grade updates from every professor so there's no way that any one of them can say "I didn't know."

The social aspect and getting to know other people also helps build for future contacts. If he can get a full ride the tuition is $78,000 a year and the degree is equivilent to any Ivy League school.

Just hoping that his right knee is only a partial ACL tear. We'll know Monday.

Go Yellowjackets:

football.jpg