• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Judge Recommends Suspension of 6 Games for Deshaun Watson

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you add two and two together what do you come up with?

I'm thinking something different then me and others.

JG got introduced to the thread. I made a comment about where he could possibly go.

At one point people thought JG may go to Cle amongst others one was Seattle. See the correlation yet?

OBTW the answer for most of us is 4
Honestly I think you could find some connection to the Seahawks no matter what the topic because your time in Seattle and hate of the team and fans. Lets move on now...OK?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think you could find some connection to the Seahawks no matter what the topic because your time in Seattle and hate of the team and fans. Lets move on now...OK?
Why? This is fun.

OK OK

Moving...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guarantee you that he is doing that on the advice of council. Any kind of backpedalling at this point will look like weakness. He's a scumbag, his actions speak for themselves, but this reeks of lawyers getting to him.
I mean, he does still have an active civil case still pending so might not be the best idea to admit to anything.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I don't think JG wants any part of that shit show? Combined with him not wanting to be a back up. What happens if he takes that talented roster to say 8-3 then DW returns. Loses a game or two? More decisions for the FO and coach.

As mentioned all that talent built up over the past 4-5 years don't want to waste another year of missing playoffs.

The one thing that could entice JG would be the FO and owner don't mind giving out ridiculous contracts. $ talks.

Also agree Seattle needs to be in on the Jimmy G sweepstakes.
"all that talent built up" and a shit show?

I mean, the Browns have not had trouble luring top talent or keeping it so shit show seems a bit of an exaggeration....but agree hard to say we are the best spot for Jimmy G as would think his preference would be to go where he has a chance to be the long term answer.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"all that talent built up" and a shit show?

I mean, the Browns have not had trouble luring top talent or keeping it so shit show seems a bit of an exaggeration....but agree hard to say we are the best spot for Jimmy G as would think his preference would be to go where he has a chance to be the long term answer.
What top talent have they lured? The Watson shit show?

Kept which top talent? They've lost as much as they have gained.

All those top draft picks contracts are coming up soon. DW will eat alot of the cap space. The rest will tire of the circus.

We can revisit in two years Spinner.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What top talent have they lured? The Watson shit show?

Kept which top talent? They've lost as much as they have gained.

All those top draft picks contracts are coming up soon. DW will eat alot of the cap space. The rest will tire of the circus.

We can revisit in two years Spinner.
In only 3 seasons with THIS regime they brought in the top RT and TE on the market (Conklin and Hooper). John Johnson was among the top safeties (maybe the top but don't recall). clowney still a really good DE. In addition, were able to sign Garrett, Chubb, Bitonio, Teller, Hunt, Ward among others to extensions.

We can revisit if you like but 2-3 years ago when we signed big FAs people claimed we would not be able to keep Garrett, Chubb, ward, etc.

Maybe in addition to saying this regime is awful at drafting you can add they are awful with managing the cap to make yourself look even more foolish?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In only 3 seasons with THIS regime they brought in the top RT and TE on the market (Conklin and Hooper). John Johnson was among the top safeties (maybe the top but don't recall). clowney still a really good DE. In addition, were able to sign Garrett, Chubb, Bitonio, Teller, Hunt, Ward among others to extensions.

We can revisit if you like but 2-3 years ago when we signed big FAs people claimed we would not be able to keep Garrett, Chubb, ward, etc.

Maybe in addition to saying this regime is awful at drafting you can add they are awful with managing the cap to make yourself look even more foolish?

Crickets lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crickets lol
This could get good if he tries to rip their ability to manage the cap (as he did their awful drafting). Maybe he will say they are awful, I'll ask for an example and he'll ask me to provide examples of them being smart with the cap (which wont be hard)?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could get good if he tries to rip their ability to manage the cap (as he did their awful drafting). Maybe he will say they are awful, I'll ask for an example and he'll ask me to provide examples of them being smart with the cap (which wont be hard)?

I Def don't love the Njoku deal. I will say that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Def don't love the Njoku deal. I will say that.
Cannot say I love it, but could turn out OK and he'll be underpaid by the middle of that deal.

Hooper deal might be the only FA they brought in I'd say they whiffed on.

But to be among the top spenders AND the top in cap space tells me they know how to manage the cap pretty well.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think more reasonably will be the 3rd pick. Hope the franchise QB of the 12s dreams is there and he pans out? Otherwise back to back no playoffs follwed by multiple one and dones won't sit well in the PNW.
That's the hope for any franchise to snag the next great QB. Odds are not in the favor as we've seen top QB picks not pan out but I'd rather chance it then pay money to the likes of a Baker Mayfield and get to 8, maybe 9 wins and flounder around the last WC spot with no shot at making a SB.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the starters played and didn't look good.

Many pundits have them finishing with about 5 wins.

They're not even sure who their QB1 is and they have one preseason game left.

So some early predictions can be based off of those.

Good news looks like Lewis suffered just a sprain.
It's going to be a struggle to get to 3 which is just fine.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe you can try taking a reading comprehension course as we've been over this many many times.

When was the last time the Browns had ONE player who will eat up $55M per year starting next season?

Watching this circus is going to be fun. We'll see how many players they retain and or attract? Hell they had to do that insane deal just to get a sexual predator to sign.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you can try taking a reading comprehension course as we've been over this many many times.

When was the last time the Browns had ONE player who will eat up $55M per year starting next season?

Watching this circus is going to be fun. We'll see how many players they retain and or attract? Hell they had to do that insane deal just to get a sexual predator to sign.
Did you get help moving the goal posts/spinning? PDay probably would have done it for you if you told him to.

Been over this many times? You asked who they could bring in and retain and I gave you a long list of top players. Now you want to know the last time the Browns had one player who will eat of $55 mil of the cap per year? I'm not afraid of questions so will say it's never happened.

Good to know you at least seem aware you were wrong (though not in you to just say so) and have switched from wondering what players they signed/retained to ripping them for what may or may not happen in the future.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you get help moving the goal posts/spinning? PDay probably would have done it for you if you told him to.

Been over this many times? You asked who they could bring in and retain and I gave you a long list of top players. Now you want to know the last time the Browns had one player who will eat of $55 mil of the cap per year? I'm not afraid of questions so will say it's never happened.

Good to know you at least seem aware you were wrong (though not in you to just say so) and have switched from wondering what players they signed/retained to ripping them for what may or may not happen in the future.
Can you possibly spin anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.