• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Judge Recommends Suspension of 6 Games for Deshaun Watson

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said the following in post 907...

"What top talent have they lured? The Watson shit show? Kept which top talent? They've lost as much as they have gained."

so, yes, conklin qualifies as he was the top RT on the market. Didn't work out but Hooper was the top TE. clowney among the top DEs and John Johnson might have been the top safety on the market when they brought him in (for sure was among the best)

They also kept Myles, Ward, Bitonio, Teller and Chubb among others.

Please feel free to name the players they lost to compare to who they gained/retained. I get you predict in the future more will be leaving and they might. But how about we live in the now and you own that your statement was - as usual - way off base?

In addition, when we signed guys to big deals in the past (like the Hooper and Conklin deals) the narrative was often, "OK, but how will they keep Garrett, Ward, Chubb and others?" It's almost like these guys found a way.
So you lied. You can't show where I said no one wants to play for the Browns?

You do realize Hooper is no longer a Brown don't you?

Keep the derp alive liar

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My apologies, though, for not using an exact quote for the first one. Here is the revised version of your spin....

Oh, the irony.....

you - "What top talent have they lured? The Watson shit show? Kept which top talent? They've lost as much as they have gained."
me - Conklin, Hooper, Clowney, Garrett, Chubb, Ward, Teller, Bitonio and others
you - when's the last time the Browns had one player who will eat of $55 mil of the cap per year?

Quality spin by you. Let's see how you spin this time while calling me a spinner....
me - who have they lost to compare to what they've gained (and retained)?
you - ?
Again reading comp with you is not a strong suit with you.

You continue to lie and take thing out of context to meet your agenda.

Lure does not equal drafting. Let's just start there.

Those that signed deals before the sex predators do not count as they may not have been aware of what shit storm was blowing into Cleveland.

Continue to avoid question you QC. Only in an attempt to spin the conversation in other directions.

Oh and keep up with the Lies.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The qb deals are what they are and the NFL will have to bump the cap for it. I suspect that will happen sooner than later.
Or owners and FOs will need to stop giving out outrageous contracts. Not sure the NFL has to do anything.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL minimum salary is going to rise by $45K every year until 2030. The 2022 figure is $705K and the 2030 figure will be $1,065K. It's a rise of 51%. Divided by 8 it's an average rise of 6.375%. If the salary cap rises annually by a lower percentage the pay for QBs and top FAs should increase by a lower percentage. If the salary cap increases by a higher annual percentage the pay for QBs and top FAs will continue to sky-rocket. Most people think the salary cap will increase annually by at least 8%.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all you oversensitive Browns fans.

You're the only team that has a owner who should went to jail, a qb who should of went to jail, a runningback who should of went to jail, a DE that should of went to jail. You're the only team in the NFL, you can say about that.

Sorry, for the factual criticism.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure it will matter as much as seems the cap will soon be exploding not just next year but major bumps each year after. Might be wrong, but thought I heard could go up $30 mil or more each season for a while.
The cap most likely will explode, but it won't be because of QB contracts, or any contract for that matter.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe I fully explained my rationale just fine. Now are we going to discuss anything today or we just gonna piss in the wind
No you didn't, you said something stupid, then instead of just saying you were wrong you double downed with more stupid.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're the only team that has a owner who should went to jail, a qb who should of went to jail, a runningback who should of went to jail, a DE that should of went to jail. You're the only team in the NFL, you can say about that.

Thank you for yet again making sure you get your daily Browns rant in.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you didn't, you said something stupid, then instead of just saying you were wrong you double downed with more stupid.

I understand you're still upset you were completely wrong on the Watson timeline. I did admit I thought the CBA was up sooner than it was. But by all means continue to carry the butthurt because i dare to even argue a counter point even a little.

You and others have been very good posters on other topics. I am not sure why we can't disagree on this without the vitriol.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just get a kick out of this all. I can go back and name teams that have had more than 3 players ACTUALLY go to jail not "should've ". Why are we all the sudden acting like athletes have been some pillars of society? Watson is obviously an extreme case and I will again say I WISH THE TRADE DIDN'T HAPPEN but even with that the takes on this are getting to where we are all trying to outdo each other.

I can't wait for real football to get going. Worst offseason ever and that's me being a fan of a team who's been shit for 25 years.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or owners and FOs will need to stop giving out outrageous contracts. Not sure the NFL has to do anything.

Unfortunately owners can't often help themselves. Baseball being the most extreme example of this. Now in that situation you have an extremely poor relationship with the MLBPA where neither side is acting in good faith of the health of the game. With the NFL and NBA I can see less contentious relationships that could continue to lead to better framework to carry the league forward.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately owners can't often help themselves. Baseball being the most extreme example of this. Now in that situation you have an extremely poor relationship with the MLBPA where neither side is acting in good faith of the health of the game. With the NFL and NBA I can see less contentious relationships that could continue to lead to better framework to carry the league forward.
difference between a salary cap and a luxury tax
Not that the salary cap is all that great cause still ways around it but luxury is a joke just ask the dodgers (80 mil over):suds:

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
difference between a salary cap and a luxury tax
Not that the salary cap is all that great cause still ways around it but luxury is a joke just ask the dodgers (80 mil over):suds:

Agreed.

Baseball would be better off with a cap. To me it's silly that the players don't see it that way. Because there would be a min spend instead of half the league being on welfare

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

Baseball would be better off with a cap. To me it's silly that the players don't see it that way. Because there would be a min spend instead of half the league being on welfare

Alot more money would be going to the owners otherwise.

There is no good situation for small market teams in baseball btw. These past 4 years as a former Reds fan from over 20 years showed me everything. I love baseball. I used to work at the stadium ffs. Stuck it out as long as I could, but no more.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

players are the last ones that want it:suds:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again reading comp with you is not a strong suit with you.

You continue to lie and take thing out of context to meet your agenda.

Lure does not equal drafting. Let's just start there.

Those that signed deals before the sex predators do not count as they may not have been aware of what shit storm was blowing into Cleveland.

Continue to avoid question you QC. Only in an attempt to spin the conversation in other directions.

Oh and keep up with the Lies.
In fact, yes, I did say I was wrong about what you said and I exaggerated. That's what an adult does if he is wrong. does not take away from your new foolishness....

No need to add to your foolishness (but it's free comedy so please do if you want). Who said lure equals drafting? Lure would be FAs which I named. You also asked which top talent they kept. If you think that means drafted players, as well, let me help again. That would be players they retained and signed to extensions.

you - "What top talent have they lured? The Watson shit show? Kept which top talent? They've lost as much as they have gained."
me - Conklin, Hooper, Clowney, Garrett, Chubb, Ward, Teller, Bitonio and others
you - when's the last time the Browns had one player who will eat of $55 mil of the cap per year?

Quality spin by you. Let's see how you spin this time while calling me a spinner....
me - who have they lost to compare to what they've gained (and retained)?
you - ?

Hey, props for adding Hooper to one they lost but adding him then losing him is kind of a net zero. Never mind you think losing Hooper is equal to adding Conklin, John Johnson and, well, Hooper?

Ya gotta love this forum.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you lied. You can't show where I said no one wants to play for the Browns?

You do realize Hooper is no longer a Brown don't you?

Keep the derp alive liar
Yep, Went by memory and was wrong. said as much as that is what adults do...you continued and added to your foolishness as that's what you do.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

k

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

I think the other issue is not just the players. I'm fairly certain there are some owners pushing back on a cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.