• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Judge Recommends Suspension of 6 Games for Deshaun Watson

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't know if the move was stupid or not either. As of now...yea.. not the best. But if he comes back (even a year later) and takes the team to the next level then it was worth it professionally. I would still much rather be debating Baker than talking about deshaun watson but they decided what they decided

The piling on on here is what is... interesting. Like I've said a few times in the original thread there wasn't this level of venom thrown out there. It's weird to me those that take some kind of weird attraction to blasting the Browns.

It is a passionate fanbase that despite having their team stolen from them and years of losing still show up and represent. Yet you have douche bags talking about dissolving them yet root for a franchise that has had to move 4 times.

You all have stated your position... especially you. Not sure what you're getting from this dialog.
Actually up until this year you could've seen posts from me actually congratulating Brown fans on their resiliency. Even cheering for the loveable losers.

Unfortunately your teams FO made this stupid move. It is a stupid move. The fully guarenteed contract was/is a desperation move. They alienated the only QB that's brought them to and won a playoff game in decades.

The piling on was/is being brought on because they knowingly signed a sex predator. To that ridiculous deal. Then you add on the couple obnoxious Brownie fans here at the hoop and it is what it is.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw the comment about it being a slam dunk that DW's gone for the year.

Like I've said from beginning that scumbag deserves whatever suspension he gets.

But am I the only one that thinks this makes the NFL look like fools?

So they hire someone to take care of this matter but don't agree with her decision.

Then they hire someone they know will dish out the suspension they really want.

Why did the league hire her in the first place?
Why does this surprise you? Dr. Wells and Roger Goofball say hold their beer.

Czar Roger is a vindictive SOB hired by 32 Billionaires that pay him a ridiculous salary to protect the shield however he can.

Blame the NFLPA for being greedy and agreeing to the CBA.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact, I do....I realized this would go over the head of many. This will be tough for some here, but here goes...

He claimed he is being paid about 50% of the minimum salary when, in fact, he is getting 66.7% ......50% is about 74% of 67% (or 50 is about 74% of 67)

I said closer to 90% because 67% is close to 74% of 90% (or 67 is close to 74% of 90)

you're welcome.
Come on, do you think anyone believes that's what you originally meant? You simply stumbled onto an "out". You both exaggerated the percentages to prove a point and it's no big deal and done constantly so no one cares. But to pretend you really meant that both were about the same amount off and purposely used 90% because you calculated this out on paper or in your head beforehand and used a number that also came out to 74% different :L I've never and I mean never seen someone so interested in arguing and so afraid to admit to being wrong.

And Mathematically that's not how you would even do it. The variance for both is from 66.7, so that is the denominator in both equations. So the variance to 50 from 66.7 is 16.7 or 16.7/66.7 or 25%. The variance to 90 is 23.3 or 23.3/66.7 or 35%

Edit: I knew I’d regret clicking on this thread again :D

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIFY

This whole process has been a mess. Way to go Watson.

So it's that scumbag's Watson's fault that the league went against the suspension suggestion of the very person they hired to take care of this matter?

Watson should rightfully be blamed for his actions. But it's not his fault the league didn't like the suspension recommendation of the very person they hired in the first place.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's that scumbag's Watson's fault that the league went against the suspension suggestion of the very person they hired to take care of this matter?

Watson should rightfully be blamed for his actions. But it's not his fault the league didn't like the suspension recommendation of the very person they hired in the first place.
Like I said that judge was more than likely afraid of being called racist, not sexist, because she’s a woman after all. Unfortunately this is the world we now live in

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were trying to confuse the numbers. Had you just simply said the 690m is whats left after the suspension of 6 games (33% of 18) the discussion would have ended.
In post 537, I said this.......
It's actually more than half the league minimum. Closer to 70% than half. If you cannot figure out why let me help......the 6 games he has to miss as of now is taken out.

Nice try though.

I
n post 538 I said this.....

It's actually not funny if you think a little. Watson's deal was the same as theirs when signed but is now less. Though not half the league minimum. More like 66.7%. If you cannot understand why, let me help. Because the 6 games he is forced to miss as of now has been removed from his original deal.

Only question will anyone who thinks I lied own up to their mistake? My guess is no one will but we'll see.

then instead of acknowledging your gaffe, you said this in 540......

It's funny how you keep lying about Watson contract being just like the others, when clearly it isn’t.

discussion kept going longer because you could not understand your mistake and even thought I lied.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think this is very much like Elliott's situation with the league a few years ago. The league was certainly reactionary after their missteps with the Ray Rice shit show. It's funny to me the Cleveland faithful and the Watson fan boys are shocked.

Disclaimer: the above has no reference to agenda spinner. Attention seekers are just that. Circus act excluded

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were trying to confuse the numbers. Had you just simply said the 690m is whats left after the suspension of 6 games (33% of 18) the discussion would have ended.
Would add because you didn't understand and were confused by the actual numbers does not mean I tried to confuse them. It was a you problem.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think this is very much like Elliott's situation with the league a few years ago. The league was certainly reactionary after their missteps with the Ray Rice shit show. It's funny to me the Cleveland faithful and the Watson fan boys are shocked.

Disclaimer: the above has no reference to agenda spinner. Attention seekers are just that. Circus act excluded
your disclaimer should have been you lied/exaggerated for affect because no one is shocked.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually up until this year you could've seen posts from me actually congratulating Brown fans on their resiliency. Even cheering for the loveable losers.

Unfortunately your teams FO made this stupid move. It is a stupid move. The fully guarenteed contract was/is a desperation move. They alienated the only QB that's brought them to and won a playoff game in decades.

The piling on was/is being brought on because they knowingly signed a sex predator. To that ridiculous deal. Then you add on the couple obnoxious Brownie fans here at the hoop and it is what it is.
Alienated the guy you rip constantly when it suits you?

Yep.....ya gotta love this forum.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, do you think anyone believes that's what you originally meant? You simply stumbled onto an "out". You both exaggerated the percentages to prove a point and it's no big deal and done constantly so no one cares. But to pretend you really meant that both were about the same amount off and purposely used 90% because you calculated this out on paper or in your head beforehand and used a number that also came out to 74% different :L I've never and I mean never seen someone so interested in arguing and so afraid to admit to being wrong.

And Mathematically that's not how you would even do it. The variance for both is from 66.7, so that is the denominator in both equations. So the variance to 50 from 66.7 is 16.7 or 16.7/66.7 or 25%. The variance to 90 is 23.3 or 23.3/66.7 or 35%

Edit: I knew I’d regret clicking on this thread again :D
do I think anyone (or those disagreeing) believes it is what I meant? Yes. Will they acknowledge their gaffe? Clearly, no.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said that judge was more than likely afraid of being called racist, not sexist, because she’s a woman after all. Unfortunately this is the world we now live in
she called him a predator but is afraid of being called a racist?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"because she's a woman after all"

Alrighty then.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut up and sit your ass down. I'm referring to Brown fans
I'm aware.....and none of us here are shocked about what has happened.

Maybe come back when the adults are done talking, Argue Based on Poster Boy?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately it was a bad ruling by the judge and the league has processes in place to rectify it

Yes I'm sure ideally they would've wanted to go with her ruling but they simply couldn't once they saw what it was

You can't base a ruling off prior precedent when there is no prior precedent for a case like this

If Watson had 1 or even 2 accusers then precedent applies. When he has 25ish it doesn't. Because there is no precedent for that. Even if you consider the judge only heard from 4 of them its still unprecedented

She appears to have considered all these women as one huge monolith as opposed to unique and separate individuals. Which is wrong.

So the league is going to use the fall safe they have at their disposal

Status
Not open for further replies.