• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

JT Daniels transferring to UGA

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm taking him over Newman TBH. Unless the UGA offense is going to have a bunch of designed QB runs, Daniels should be the choice IMO.

hot take alert:

Newman was only good when he was throwing bombs to Surratt, Hinton and Washington down the field. His intermediate game was painful to watch at times. I would still take him over 75% of P5 QBs. Unfortunately for him, JT Daniels might be one of the 25% that is better than him.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hot take alert:

Newman was only good when he was throwing bombs to Surratt, Hinton and Washington down the field. His intermediate game was painful to watch at times. I would still take him over 75% of P5 QBs. Unfortunately for him, JT Daniels might be one of the 25% that is better than him.

Yeah, wasn't meant as a knock to Newman. I just like Daniels a little bit more. He'd be the definite starter at like 10 other SEC programs IMO.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you think of a better season to redshirt that 2020?

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hot take alert:

I'm confident that Newman will be our QB this year:
  • Newman has been on campus since December/January, was there when we laid in the new O, and had a few spring practices before the got cancelled. Not so for JTD.
  • He's older with a year and half of starting under his belt. Although he had tough games against better teams, they almost all came after his top 3 receivers went down. And, he will have a much better OL that got beat up in the better games.
  • JTD is less than a year from an ACL injury, and while QBs are different in their recovery from other positions, UGA will not want to test that too soon. He's also really young ... he reclassified and played his first college year when he should have been a senior in high school.
  • The best QB will be the QB. CKS will play the best QB, I hope. That said, there will be three things that will lean Newman; (1) he's black and Smart doesn't need another Fromm v. Fields controversy where race became an issue. (2) Newman has 1 year, JTD has 3. JTD isn't transferring. (3) to not play Newman would damage UGA's use of the transfer portal in the future. Unless JTD is far better in practice, Newman will be our QB, should we have a season.
Both QBs will love being at UGA where they have a top OL and RBs. I watched some film of JTD and he was being pressured almost all the time by just decent teams. Their OL was not good. Our QB room went from highly suspect to one of the best, especially where you look at the need to have 2 QBs in case one gets COVID.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this on Tweeter:

Jamie Newman (2019)
32 total TD
85.2 PFF passing grade
3 turnover worthy plays

JT Daniels (2018)
14 total TD
61.5 PFF passing grade
29 turnover worthy plays

Love having them both, but Newman would be the QB if we have a season.