• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Gordon

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll have an entire year to come back from it before he hits FA. I'm sure some team will give him double-digit millions per year.

I hope he bounces back well. I just don't think it's a given that he will get back to the level he was before the injury.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give a 2nd round pick for him in a heart beat. I've said since the first day that this kid has stepped on the field, this guy is a game changer. A top level WR with talent to be on par with AJ Green, Calvin Johnson, Dez and Julio.

He certainly needs to get his life together but I think this s the organization to do so.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Boldin could really take over that Delanie role in that situation. imagine sending out a lineup with boldin, vernon, crabs, gordon, and gore. you could really smash some nickel D's in the mouf with that crew!

I figured that was the plan when we acquired him, and Crabtree's injury forced the plan to change. When we first traded for him I was really pushing that idea.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I initially said no more than a 3rd round pick for him but I think you've got to go for it and see if a 2nd and a conditional pick 3rd or 4th would do it. No way would I do a 1st for him though unless there was some heavy conditions tied to it.

It's a risk but it's one we can afford to take with having two seconds (both will be late) and two 3rds so it's not like trading a couple of picks is going to destroy our draft.

And secondly the potential reward is too much to pass up.

Looking at 2014 how scary would our offense be if we had Davis, Gordon, Crabtree, and found some way to resign Boldin on the cheap? That's not to mention the potential contributions of Vance, Baldwin, and Patton. And let's not forget a wildcard of having Lattimore in the backfield if he comes back strong.

That goes along with a defense that should be even stronger with guys like Tank, Reid, Lemonier, and Dial going into their second years and the return of Culliver.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin blackmon available? That's even better maybe niners have advantage get deal done before leaving Sunday.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I initially said no more than a 3rd round pick for him but I think you've got to go for it and see if a 2nd and a conditional pick 3rd or 4th would do it. No way would I do a 1st for him though unless there was some heavy conditions tied to it.

It's a risk but it's one we can afford to take with having two seconds (both will be late) and two 3rds so it's not like trading a couple of picks is going to destroy our draft.

And secondly the potential reward is too much to pass up.

Looking at 2014 how scary would our offense be if we had Davis, Gordon, Crabtree, and found some way to resign Boldin on the cheap? That's not to mention the potential contributions of Vance, Baldwin, and Patton. And let's not forget a wildcard of having Lattimore in the backfield if he comes back strong.

That goes along with a defense that should be even stronger with guys like Tank, Reid, Lemonier, and Dial going into their second years and the return of Culliver.

What makes us so strong is our deep drafts (2012 draft notwithstanding). Guys like Tank, Reid, Lemonier, Dial, Aldon, Kap, Hunter, Miller, Cully, Iupati, Crabs, Baldwin, Vance, Patton, etc are all still on their rookie contracts and thus we can easily afford them. Gordon will only have 2 more years left on his deal and giving up 2 picks in the 2nd and 3rd means giving up 8 combined years worth of potentially high quality players at an affordable cost. Gordon will be very expensive in 2 years if we get what we expect out of him. And that doesn't even factor into the equation that the guy could be banned for the year if he even shows up late for a urine test. With Aldon(?), Kap, Iupati, and others commanding huge extensions in the near future these draft picks will be incredibly valuable for our squad. I could see giving up 1 pick, but definitely not 2...they're too valuable for our future limited cap space.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Josh Gordon - WR - Browns

A source tells ProFootballTalk that a Josh Gordon trade is "possible" but not "probable."

Earlier this week, ESPN reported that at least three teams have contacted the Browns about trading for their exceptionally talented wideout. Even though Gordon may be one off-field discretion away from a year-long ban, two of the clubs reportedly have standing offers of a player and a high draft pick. The Browns have to decide if they want to build around Gordon or move on from a potential headache. For now, it sounds like they're leaning toward keeping him. The trade deadline is in six days. Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

Oct 23 - 9:53 AM

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes us so strong is our deep drafts (2012 draft notwithstanding). Guys like Tank, Reid, Lemonier, Dial, Aldon, Kap, Hunter, Miller, Cully, Iupati, Crabs, Baldwin, Vance, Patton, etc are all still on their rookie contracts and thus we can easily afford them. Gordon will only have 2 more years left on his deal and giving up 2 picks in the 2nd and 3rd means giving up 8 combined years worth of potentially high quality players at an affordable cost. Gordon will be very expensive in 2 years if we get what we expect out of him. And that doesn't even factor into the equation that the guy could be banned for the year if he even shows up late for a urine test. With Aldon(?), Kap, Iupati, and others commanding huge extensions in the near future these draft picks will be incredibly valuable for our squad. I could see giving up 1 pick, but definitely not 2...they're too valuable for our future limited cap space.

The flip side to this is once you include the 2012 draft in the analysis, the bird we could potentially have in hand might be way better than the two in next year's stinky bush.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

The thing is he's a top 10 talent kind of WR and odds are we're never going to be in position to draft a guy of that kind of talent.

If we weren't loaded with picks I would be hesitant to make that kind of trade but with the amount of picks we have we can afford to use them in a trade without it costing us dearly because we would still have plenty of picks to add talent and depth to the roster.

There is no doubt there is some risk involved because the Browns would never entertain the idea of trading him if their wasn't but the reward outweighs the risk imo.

As the old saying goes fortune favors the bold and you have to step out and take some risks if you're going for the prize.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Justin blackmon available? That's even better maybe niners have advantage get deal done before leaving Sunday.

I think that depends on the future plans for Crabtree. I think Gordon is a better complement to Crabtree, though this week will be the first time this season I've seen Blackmon play.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mention Blackmon weeks ago but Clyde pointed out to me that he feels he and Crabs are similiar type WRs... so a Gordon/Crabtree pairing would be more complementary than Blackmon/Crabtree but I wouldn't be against Blackmon anyways......

Again, I doubt we trade for a WR, with MM n sooner or later Crabtree, thats' basically our new WR additions TBF...

Browns shouldn't even trade Gordon lol... they should just come out and say no to end all these rumors.... they think someone is going to give a kings ransom? lol at them(if they haven't been lol already)

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't have much faith in our scouting of college WRs. Trading a 2nd for Gordon is totally worth it.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I mention Blackmon weeks ago but Clyde pointed out to me that he feels he and Crabs are similiar type WRs... so a Gordon/Crabtree pairing would be more complementary than Blackmon/Crabtree but I wouldn't be against Blackmon anyways......

Again, I doubt we trade for a WR, with MM n sooner or later Crabtree, thats' basically our new WR additions TBF...

Browns shouldn't even trade Gordon lol... they should just come out and say no to end all these rumors.... they think someone is going to give a kings ransom? lol at them(if they haven't been lol already)

That depends entirely upon whether they think he will get in trouble again. If they think he's a liability, they'd be crazy not to trade him if someone offers a second. A few teams a desperate for WR help and thinking about this year. If they can exploit that desperation to move a troubled player, they'd be stupid not to. If they think they can rely on him, I agree he's probably better than any compensation they'll get.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That depends entirely upon whether they think he will get in trouble again. If they think he's a liability, they'd be crazy not to trade him if someone offers a second. A few teams a desperate for WR help and thinking about this year. If they can exploit that desperation to move a troubled player, they'd be stupid not to. If they think they can rely on him, I agree he's probably better than any compensation they'll get.

Well if thats the case, wouldn't you think they are more inclined to make the move sooner than later... the longer they hold the longer the chances are that he gets in trouble as a Browns... ALthough he must be doing good cuz I havent heard/read a peep of negative of him this season...

I wonder what kind of offers they are actually getting though?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well if thats the case, wouldn't you think they are more inclined to make the move sooner than later... the longer they hold the longer the chances are that he gets in trouble as a Browns... ALthough he must be doing good cuz I havent heard/read a peep of negative of him this season...

I wonder what kind of offers they are actually getting though?

If they thought he was going to get in trouble in the next two weeks, yes, I think he'd be gone. If they think he's going to get in trouble in the next year or two, and he's facing a one-year suspension, I think they might take their time and try to bid folks up. The market is only going to get better for them. Look at what's happened to prospective playoff teams recently: ATL loses Jones (and kind of White), GB loses Cobb and Finley, Indy loses Wayne, Pats lose Amendola again. The longer the season goes, the better it gets for them. Even if these teams don't make bids themselves, other teams have to be worried that they will.