• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Gordon

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really thinking this won't happen unfortunately. Would love to see a true number one on this team. :noidea:
Guess i need to stay positive for few more hours tho. :hope:

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm really thinking this won't happen unfortunately. Would love to see a true number one on this team. :noidea:
Guess i need to stay positive for few more hours tho. :hope:

If a deal happens it will be around 3pm eastern time. I am not holding my breath.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the trade line deadline is fast approaching the news on any trades has been almost dead quite.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will have Manningham, Crabtree , Boldin and Vd all back together shortly Gordon is good but not glaring need. It's like buying a Bentley because your rolls Royce is in the shop getting a tune up

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will have Manningham, Crabtree , Boldin and Vd all back together shortly Gordon is good but not glaring need. It's like buying a Bentley because your rolls Royce is in the shop getting a tune up

Crabtree is no Rolls Royce. And Manningham certainly is not. He's a pretty good number 3 WR.

Crabtree, Gordon, and Boldin would be a really nice corps (although its unlikely they would all really get to play together at full strength given Crabtree's injury)

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its a glaring need after this season. We got three number 2s we don't have a true number one plus they are coming off injuries we can hope they are the same but only time will tell. He's under contract thru 2015? For a second round pick if that's all that's a steal.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bad analogy IMO because we don't know if or when Crabs or Manningham will be back to before injury form. If the 49ers where 100% sure they would return to their previous form then I would agree that Gordon would not be needed. But to piggyback on your analogy we can rent that Bently (Gordon) till we know if the Rolls Royce (Crabs, Manningham) are both at optimal performance.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Bad comparison. Crabs is coming off an Achilles tare and Mario tore two ligaments in his knee. Who knows how they come back.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree but we gotta think about past this year as well. Who knows if we resign boldin or if Crabtree stays after his contract. Patton is an unknown and manningham might be a 2nd at best and his contract isn't much longer. With baalke track record so far of drafting WRs I would hope he can pull the trigger.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

When it comes to Gordon you have to think beyond this season.

Going into next season we have Crabtree, Patton, and Baldwin as the only recievers under contract. Moore, Williams, Boldin, and Manningham are all free agents this offseason.

Which means we're either going to have to add a WR through FA and/or draft.

So IF Cleveland is willing (as we really don't know what they are asking) I would much rather get Gordon for a package built around a 2nd round pick.

We've been terrible at drafting the WR position and Gordon would still be more talented than anybody we would be in position to draft anyways. So to me it makes more sense to pick up Gordon than it does using what would likely one of our picks in the 1st or 2nd round for a #2 or #3 type of WR.

chunky415

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gordon's skillset differs from all of the receiving options we currently employ (and/or are soon to return to the lineup. Some ask, "What about the prospect of Gordon being suspended?" Then I'd ask, "What's to say either MM or Crabs perform at a level even close to what they did pre-injury?" This applies especially so for Crabtree, given the type of injury and his push to return within a 6-month span.

What's more, we'd have Gordon under contract for two more years. Crabtree, an unproven 2nd-year WR in Patton and an invisible (thus far) Baldwin are the only WRs under contract in '14. Couple that with our regime's inability to draft/develop at the position, I'd say rolling the dice on Gordon is more akin to buying a Ferrari (and the cost of servicing it) when you've decided you want more than just cruising along in the Rolls.

chunky415

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gordon's skillset differs from all of the receiving options we currently employ (and/or are soon to return to the lineup). Some ask, "What about the prospect of Gordon being suspended?" Then I'd ask, "What's to say either MM or Crabs perform at a level even close to what they did pre-injury?" This applies especially so for Crabtree, given the type of injury and his push to return within a 6-month span.

What's more, we'd have Gordon under contract for two more years. Crabtree, an unproven 2nd-year WR in Patton and an invisible (thus far) Baldwin are the only WRs under contract in '14. Couple that with our regime's inability to draft/develop at the position, I'd say rolling the dice on Gordon is more akin to buying a Ferrari (and the cost of servicing it) when you've decided you want more than just cruising along in the Rolls.

chunky415

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gordon's skillset differs from all of the receiving options we currently employ (and/or are soon to return to the lineup). Some ask, "What about the prospect of Gordon being suspended?" Then I'd ask, "What's to say either MM or Crabs perform at a level even close to what they did pre-injury?" This applies especially so for Crabtree, given the type of injury and his push to return within a 6-month span.

What's more, we'd have Gordon under contract for two more years. Crabtree, an unproven 2nd-year WR in Patton and an invisible (thus far) Baldwin as our only WRs under contract in '14. Couple that with our regime's inability to draft/develop at the position, I'd say rolling the dice on Gordon is more akin to buying a Ferrari (and the cost of servicing it) when you've decided you want more than just cruising along in the Rolls.

chunky415

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn, sorry about the triple post!

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Beckham from LSU is your wide receiver next year. He will be better than Gordon.

In your opinion you THINK he will be better. Gordon is very good. He has shown he can be a #1 in this league. Much rather get the young WR that has shown it at the NFL level