• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Gordon

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they thought he was going to get in trouble in the next two weeks, yes, I think he'd be gone. If they think he's going to get in trouble in the next year or two, and he's facing a one-year suspension, I think they might take their time and try to bid folks up. The market is only going to get better for them. Look at what's happened to prospective playoff teams recently: ATL loses Jones (and kind of White), GB loses Cobb and Finley, Indy loses Wayne, Pats lose Amendola again. The longer the season goes, the better it gets for them. Even if these teams don't make bids themselves, other teams have to be worried that they will.

yeah, I doubt Gordon has any trouble brewing right now... It seems he'll make it right and his production on field should be giving him confidence and focus in football...

By the deadline, I can see the Pats, GB, Indy and NYJ making a push for Gordan or another WR for their respective playoff push...

SF really depends on MM n Crabtree(which i think they're most likely banking on)

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Cleveland is still right in the playoff hunt so if they win or lose this Sunday will play a part in their decision making.

But ultimately I think Cleveland's stance is if they get an offer they like they'll take it and if they aren't happy with any of the offers they'll take their chances and keep Gordon. I don't think it'll be a case where they feel they have to dump him and will take the highest offer at the trading deadline.

I think any deal will start with a 2nd and will likely require another pick likely a conditional one.

I firmly believe we're one of the teams involved just because we have the picks to spare and a glaring need. Also if you're a GM your decision making is based not on this year but the fact that you have him under contract the next 2 at the rookie rate.

So if I'm Baalke I'm not just looking at it from a standpoint of this year but for 2014 as well. MM and Boldin are FA after this season which means the WR position is still going to be a sore spot next season as well.

The only two teams I see making a serious push for Gordon is SF and the Pats. There is the need, an already solid roster, and draft picks to spare to make a trade without it being a determent to your draft. Also the Pats have no issues taking on guys with issues if they can get value for them.

Indy has already given up a 1st for Richardson so while I wouldn't rule them out since they are aggressive I have a tough time seeing them give up another high round pick.

GB is tightfisted when it comes to draft picks so I don't seem them making a trade for him either.

Jets I think are going to want to hold on to their picks and I think would be leery adding a guy with potential issues to the circus that's New York. Since their GM is new it's hard to tell if he's a dice roller and a guy that is married to the draft yet.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Josh Gordon - WR - Browns

Browns CEO Joe Banner was noncommittal on the possibility of a Josh Gordon trade, but insisted he'd be "completely shocked" if Gordon were dealt before the October 29 deadline.

The deadline is next Tuesday at 4PM ET. "If you’re in this long enough, you learn to never say anything absolute, because then something comes up and you look like you lied," Banner said. "I personally — and I think anybody here — would be completely shocked if we ended up trading him. Josh is playing great. He’s working his butt off." National media reports generally say a Gordon trade is possible, but likely will not happen. We still wouldn't bet against it.
Source: Akron Beacon-Journal

Oct 23 - 9:07 PM

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I have a feeling in the next two days Gordon will be gone. I also believe that we will be the team that trades for him. I think we were just waiting to ensure us having an additional second round pick. I don't think we would include a player if we were one of those teams that had be discussing that option anymore.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think Pats might get him. They need some offense.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
think Pats might get him. They need some offense.

If I was the Pats I would be trying to swing a trade for defense and Jared Allen.

Their defense is holding it together for now but I don't see them being able to hold it together in the playoffs with the losses they've taken.

Allen bringing a pass rush at least helps their odds against a team like the Broncos and Colts and could completely cripple a team like the Chiefs and Bengals.

Offensively they should improve the more they break in their young WR but adding Gordon wouldn't hurt either.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said this in the other thread and I'll say it again, we win the Superbowl with Gordon. Plain and simple, this guy is an absolute monster.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I said this in the other thread and I'll say it again, we win the Superbowl with Gordon. Plain and simple, this guy is an absolute monster.

I'm so mad about the Rams I'm almost ready to agree with you.

I need something to happen to alleviate my anger. Nicks, Gordon, Seymour... something.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so mad about the Rams I'm almost ready to agree with you.

I need something to happen to alleviate my anger. Nicks, Gordon, Seymour... something.

Our season is still going to come down to beating NO and SEA. Don't be mad at the Rams.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Our season is still going to come down to beating NO and SEA. Don't be mad at the Rams.

You can be grown-up & mature about this; I choose to be petty. I'm sick of being teased all season only to be thrown out at home every time.

But yes, it'll probably come down to Seagulls @ Niners.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can be grown-up & mature about this; I choose to be petty. I'm sick of being teased all season only to be thrown out at home every time.

But yes, it'll probably come down to Seagulls @ Niners.

Seahawks have teased us many times this season with close wins. We just need to be ready when we play them and take care of business the rest of the season

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone watched the post game show, they are still talking about Seattle injuries. I am so sick of hearing about Seattle injuries. Did they happen to notice who was the QB for the Rams tonight. Every team in the league has important players injured. We are sorry they don't have an All pro player at every position.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know maybe a Gordon trade would alleviate my anger. My wife has a headache so I didn't get to let it all out vocally.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yes I often use this this board to release anger. If I yell and wake uP my 6 month old daughter, I'm a dead man

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL loves Seattle right now. Wilson is going backwards and Seattle has struggled against some bad teams. If they had a tougher schedule they would be in trouble. talk about injuries- we have Crabtree, Mario, VD hurt the first couple of weeks, Lost A. Smith(best rusher in football, Willis was out for a little. So recap: We lsot a Top WR, a Top Pass rush, and the best MLB in football for a couple games. and a Top TE banged up for awhile.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL loves Seattle right now. Wilson is going backwards and Seattle has struggled against some bad teams. If they had a tougher schedule they would be in trouble. talk about injuries- we have Crabtree, Mario, VD hurt the first couple of weeks, Lost A. Smith(best rusher in football, Willis was out for a little. So recap: We lsot a Top WR, a Top Pass rush, and the best MLB in football for a couple games. and a Top TE banged up for awhile.

You missed both of our starting NT in Williams and Dorsey, Culliver our top nickel back, and rookies that aren't seeing the field due to injury in Lattimore and, up until now, Tank.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I would give up a 2nd and 4th, along with LMJ in a heartbeat for Gordon, I think he is THAT kind of a talent. The fact that he is NOT a Niner right now is really irritating because he would fit what we need like a glove. Yes, he has issues but he is one of the most talented WR in the game and there is no guarantee that Crabs comes back like his former self. If he does, it will take some time....time the current WR corps can't afford without help.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
And I would give up a 2nd and 4th, along with LMJ in a heartbeat for Gordon, I think he is THAT kind of a talent. The fact that he is NOT a Niner right now is really irritating because he would fit what we need like a glove. Yes, he has issues but he is one of the most talented WR in the game and there is no guarantee that Crabs comes back like his former self. If he does, it will take some time....time the current WR corps can't afford without help.

Amen my brother. Preach on! :clap: