• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Gordon

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It would be stupid IMHO for the Browns to trade Gordon, after he's played so well since returning from suspension.

Makes sense for the Browns to trade Richardson, because you can go get a Willis McGahee who is a great short term replacement. But who you gonna replace a young stud WR with in a pass happy league?

Yeah, that's my thought. That's not exactly easy to do. Was reading this article on SI.com, and something like that jumped out at me:

NFL trade rumors: Finding deals for Josh Gordon, Tony Gonzalez, Kenny Britt | Audibles - SI.com

From the perspective of Lombardi: I need a franchise quarterback and a dominant running back, and I can get another pass-catcher in the 2014 draft with a pretty deep level of talent at that position.

I agree on the QB. But I strongly disagree that they need a dominant RB. Their moves with Richardson strongly suggest they don't think they need that, though they could also indicate that they didn't believe in Richardson. However, getting another pass-catcher in 2014 is easier said than done. And finding a guy with Gordon's talent will be rather difficult.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Josh Gordon - WR - Browns

Browns CEO Joe Banner insisted the team is "absolutely not shopping" Josh Gordon.

"We're not going to shop him and we don't have any plan or intention to trade him," Banner continued. "I personally -- and I think anybody here -- would be completely shocked if we ended up trading him. Josh is playing great. He's working his butt off." Gordon has 18 catches for 303 yards and two touchdowns in three games since returning from his suspension. Theoretically, he's a young player to build around. The Browns could more confidently build around Gordon if he wasn't one strike from a year-long ban.
Source: USA Today

Oct 12 - 10:27 AM

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Josh Gordon keeps his behavior under control, in two years he will be one of the top WRs in the league.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another great game by him. Lets go get him. This kid is good. Image if he was on a good team.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's an amazing receiver. I was a fan of his coming out of college and pissed when we didn't take a look at him in the supp draft, now I'm even more pissed seeing how good he turned out to be.

If I'm the Browns I hang on to him and look to upgrade QB.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Kreuger was just mentioning that the 49ers could kiss a trip to the SB goodbye if they don't trade for a WR. I have to agree - with Gore being as old as he is, how much longer can he carry this team going up against stacked defensive fronts like that?

He didn't mention any particular receiver, but Gordon would be a heck of an upgrade. Although Manningham and Crabby are both coming back, they are recovering from serious injuries. Hard to rely on those two making full contributions when they return, especially Crabby who is coming back from a complete tear of his achilles.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Kreuger was just mentioning that the 49ers could kiss a trip to the SB goodbye if they don't trade for a WR. I have to agree - with Gore being as old as he is, how much longer can he carry this team going up against stacked defensive fronts like that?

He didn't mention any particular receiver, but Gordon would be a heck of an upgrade. Although Manningham and Crabby are both coming back, they are recovering from serious injuries. Hard to rely on those two making full contributions when they return, especially Crabby who is coming back from a complete tear of his achilles.

What other guys are out there? It is clear (unless it is a bargaining chip) that the Browns aren't going to part with Gordon. So who else is out there? I know Tennessee receivers have been mentioned, but they are still some what in contention at least for a wild card. Out of the shitty teams who might be willing to trade a decent receiver you have Giants, Steelers...maybe you could pry Blackmon free?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

no doubt we could use a dynamic receiver, but can't agree with this? last year they DID make it to the SB, with basically Crabtree at WR.

to me the larger concern is Kaep's ability to pass, for whatever reasons, its not working since GB? the next concern - distant second - is the D's ability to stop the run.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AdamSchefter: At least 3 teams have contacted Browns about deal for WR Josh Gordon; two have standing offers of a high pick and a player. Browns balking.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone know the 3 teams. If I had to guess its either Pats, Colts(now), and 49ers I hope.

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Don't think the 49ers are gonna trade 4 anyone. But we can still hope that they do.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think the 49ers are gonna trade 4 anyone. But we can still hope that they do.

I agree. I don't think we make any moves but would be a good one if they did. When's last time we traded for a player?

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I would have to think niners are one of the teams. But what does "high pick" mean?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 2 2nd picks and the chances of that pick being better then gordon is slim.