• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Gordon

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding is that he's one more incident from being suspended for a year. And they usually give guys a mulligan before suspending them in the first place, so you're talking about two slip-ups in less than a year. That doesn't instill a ton of confidence that he'll keep his nose clean. I wouldn't do a second. It'd be tough to pass up a third, but I don't know...this team didn't do a great job of getting Aldon in line.

Since he was a Supp player he probably came in the league on the Substance abuse program. So the codeine positive test was probably his 1st which is why he got 2 games instead of 4. At least that is my understanding of the NFLs substance abuse policy.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It is beyond me why the Browns are looking to trade their star players anyway. First Richardson then Gordon; it isn't as if they should rebuild, they are a serious contender to win that division this season. I just don't get it.

The Richardson trade has worked out for the Browns (and Colts) so far. 3-0 since then and they got a first round pick for a position that the new regime apparently doesn't weigh heavily. It was certainly shocking at the time, though.

The Browns must not be feeling Gordon's baggage. That's the only explanation to me. Why else be open to trading a 22 year old playmaker? Unless everyone is on the block.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Richardson trade has worked out for the Browns (and Colts) so far. 3-0 since then and they got a first round pick for a position that the new regime apparently doesn't weigh heavily. It was certainly shocking at the time, though.

The Browns must not be feeling Gordon's baggage. That's the only explanation to me. Why else be open to trading a 22 year old playmaker? Unless everyone is on the block.

Everyone is on the block well besides this year rookies and Camron Jordan

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They haven't been winning anything because of the trade, it just happened to have panned out that way.

I don't know if it has to do with Gordon's baggage as they reportedly had Little on the block as well and they are getting rid of Weeden eventually. It just appears that they are looking to get rid of all the players that weren't their picks.

I always hated it when GM's and/or new coaching staff comes in and want to get rid of the stars to bring in their own guys. If the player can play and is successful in your offense then it doesn't matter who drafted him.

Nastastical

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like a lot of people don't realize that Josh Gordon wouldn't even be available for 2nd rounder, if it weren't for his off field problems. This guy would've been a 1st rounder, if he kept his sh*t together in college; and he wouldn't be available at all, if he kept his sh*t together with the Browns. He has elite talent, that you rarely find outside of the first round. He's right there in the 2nd tier with A.J. Green, Julio Jones, Demaryious Thomas, Dez Bryant, Andre Johnson, and Brandon Marshall; with the potential to one day be on the first tier with Calvin Johnson. People don't seem to understand this because he plays for the Browns, and they probably haven't really watched him play. With a good QB and other weapons around him, the kid can't be stopped in one on one coverage, because of his size, speed, and athletic ability.

The only reason he's available is because of his baggage; the same type of baggage that got Brandon Marshall traded for less than he was worth... How many of you would go back in time and offer either the Broncos, or later on, the Dolphins, whatever they wanted for Marshall? I know I would, because we would've won the last two superbowls with Marshall as our #1 WR.

Every monster WR that has ever become available, only became available, either because of age or because they have issues. That doesn't mean you shouldn't take the risk associated with acquiring them.

If the trade works out, we probably win atleast one superbowl. If it doesn't, we just lose a 2nd round pick; I like those odds.

Please don't hesitate to pull the trigger Trent!

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like a lot of people don't realize that Josh Gordon wouldn't even be available for 2nd rounder, if it weren't for his off field problems. This guy would've been a 1st rounder, if he kept his sh*t together in college; and he wouldn't be available at all, if he kept his sh*t together with the Browns. He has elite talent, that you rarely find outside of the first round. He's right there in the 2nd tier with A.J. Green, Julio Jones, Demaryious Thomas, Dez Bryant, Andre Johnson, and Brandon Marshall; with the potential to one day be on the first tier with Calvin Johnson. People don't seem to understand this because he plays for the Browns, and they probably haven't really watched him play. With a good QB and other weapons around him, the kid can't be stopped in one on one coverage, because of his size, speed, and athletic ability.

The only reason he's available is because of his baggage; the same type of baggage that got Brandon Marshall traded for less than he was worth... How many of you would go back in time and offer either the Broncos, or later on, the Dolphins, whatever they wanted for Marshall? I know I would, because we would've won the last two superbowls with Marshall as our #1 WR.

Every monster WR that has ever become available, only became available, either because of age or because they have issues. That doesn't mean you shouldn't take the risk associated with acquiring them.

If the trade works out, we probably win atleast one superbowl. If it doesn't, we just lose a 2nd round pick; I like those odds.

:agree::clap:

Nastastical

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This trade just makes too much sense. This is the reason why last year, many of us fans wanted us to trade for Mike Wallace; because defenses won't be able to stop our offense if they had to always keep both the FS and SS back, to account for our outside WR and Vernon Davis. Look how much having old ass Randy Moss, helped out our offense; Moss wasn't even that good of a deep threat, but he still scared teams enough to keep their DB's from thinking about creeping up to help stop the run.

Gordon is a more dangerous deep threat than Wallace, because while he might be a step slower than Wallace, his size and athletic ability is far superior (Every TD scored has been over 20 yards); plus he's only 22 and cost way less.

With all that said, the main reason to acquire Gordon is Crabtree, who is coming off a very serious injury. It would be beyond stupid to expect him to be even close to being the old Crabtree, a few months removed from his injury; same with Mario Manningham. We can't put our entire season on the hope that either player will be able to help us when they return.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yooooo, last night I got back from the gym, and I had similar thoughts. I am not making this up. I was like "why go back and forth between 2nd rounder or a 4th rounder?" Offer them a 3rd rounder, with a conditional future pick (2015 5th or 6th) contingent if he stays out of trouble for us for at least one offseason. If they reject that offer as well, then say phuck it. Give them our 2nd round pick, and we have the Chiefs second rounder anyway. Other than Kap, when was the last time our 2nd round pick had made a significant huge difference for us in terms of his impact on the field? LMJ hasn't done nada. Vance McDonald...meh. Taylor Mays, forget about it! I don't remember the rest of our second round picks. Anyway, Shoulda's post above sums it up perfectly IMO. Let's offer, let's make it happen. Even if he screws up and misses the entire 2015 or 2016 season. The chances of getting a player who will as impactful in the 2nd round is very slim, so let's go ahead and make this trade.

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
After reading those 2 posts. Y'all right phuck it LET'S DO IT!!!!!

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the last few posts above. We have been a team of reclamation projects in the past so why stop now? This kid has the potential to be a top 10 WR IN THE NFL you don't turn your nose up to that. Especially since we have 2 WRs signed for next year! This trade would pay dividends both in the present and future

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Since he was a Supp player he probably came in the league on the Substance abuse program. So the codeine positive test was probably his 1st which is why he got 2 games instead of 4. At least that is my understanding of the NFLs substance abuse policy.

That could very well be correct. My understanding of the substance abuse program is admittedly fairly limited.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 2 2nd round picks this year (probably). Both are looking like they will be later picks. Why not just trade one for a great young WR? I know he has problems but still think he is worth it. When is the last time we had a great young WR to be excited about for the next 5+ years??

Suhsyourdaddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too me this is a no brainer. Even for a 2nd. WR is pretty much the only position I don't feel good about in the future. Crabtree is only guy worth a crap under contract for next year. We could easily move back into the 2nd with all our ammo in the draft next year. We certainly can't keep everybody we draft anyway, so no need for 13+ picks again. We have 49 players under contract for next year as it is not counting any of our FA's we will get resigned.

Suhsyourdaddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing about WR's, is they take so long to transition from college to the nfl, and it is a position where there isn't a high success rate. We have done several things to ensure long term success, but we are certainly capable of winning now, and a guy like Gordon could put us over the hump. We would get 26+ productive games out of him and perhaps a ring before a we even start to feel the impact of whatever player we would get in the draft.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too me this is a no brainer. Even for a 2nd. WR is pretty much the only position I don't feel good about in the future. Crabtree is only guy worth a crap under contract for next year. We could easily move back into the 2nd with all our ammo in the draft next year. We certainly can't keep everybody we draft anyway, so no need for 13+ picks again. We have 49 players under contract for next year as it is not counting any of our FA's we will get resigned.

Wait, your a 49ers fan?? Your thing says Seahawks. Is this some sort of troll attempt?