• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Gordon

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Josh Gordon - WR - Browns

ESPN's Ed Werder reports the Falcons are not considering making a run at Browns WR Josh Gordon in the wake of Julio Jones' foot injury.

The Browns supposedly aren't actively shopping Gordon, so the sides won't talk unless Atlanta makes a call. Acquiring Gordon would fill a major 2013 need and set up what could potentially be the league's best receiver duo for years to come, but Atlanta weighs character heavily, and Gordon has already been suspended once for off-the-field issues. He's not going to be a Falcon.
Source: Ed Werder on Twitter

Oct 8 - 4:39 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Josh Gordon - WR - Browns

Coach Rob Chudzinski insisted Wednesday that the Browns have no plans to trade Josh Gordon.

No coach is going to come out and say a player is on the trading block, so there's no real news here. With so much smoke surrounding Gordon rumors, it's very hard to take Chud at his word. The Browns reportedly want a second-round pick for their supremely talented wideout and it's a little surprising they haven't gotten it yet -- despite Gordon's off-field issues. The Lions, 49ers and Patriots could all use outside receiver help.
Source: Scott Petrak on Twitter

Oct 9 - 11:08 AM

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
can't we just get this over with? I wonder if they are waiting until further into the trade deadline to possibly bring the price down. Also, if we did wait another two weeks right upto the deadline and then acquire him, he would only have to play in one game and then would get a bye week to really delve into the playbook and learn it before his second game. Now of course we want him to play in as many games as possible, but I think if they are able to wait they could hopefully get him cheaper and give him a better shot to play most effectively.

Does anyone else think a conditional pick in the 2015 draft would be in effect? as in, a 3rd round this year and then a conditional 4th/5th depending on substance abuse resolution and some easily attainable performance levels? Along the lines of 40-50 catches, 600-750 yards and 4-7 td's-ish kind of numbers?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If the deal gets done it will probably happen closer to the trading deadline.

I think our willingness to do the deal will depend on two things:

1) Manningham and Crabtree's health at the time of the trade deadline. If either one has a setback we'll look to deal and if Manningham doesn't look as sharp due to the injury we might look to deal also.

2) Baldwin. I do think the team is keeping it's fingers crossed and hoping Baldwin steps up and lives somewhat to his 1st round billing so I think they'll evaulate where he's at closer to the trade deadline before deciding to go in on Gordon.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the deal gets done it will probably happen closer to the trading deadline.

I think our willingness to do the deal will depend on two things:

1) Manningham and Crabtree's health at the time of the trade deadline. If either one has a setback we'll look to deal and if Manningham doesn't look as sharp due to the injury we might look to deal also.

2) Baldwin. I do think the team is keeping it's fingers crossed and hoping Baldwin steps up and lives somewhat to his 1st round billing so I think they'll evaulate where he's at closer to the trade deadline before deciding to go in on Gordon.
I think at this time the 9ers will hold off on any trades...offense or defense..and wait for our players to come back from injuries. If we had cap space it may be a different story.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Maybe they will trade us gordon for our coveted 3rd QB revolving door.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We have cap space, it's just a question of whether we want to use it re-signing our own guys or going after other players. I tend toward the latter. If I believed Gordon would stay clean, I'd probably be all over this trade. He's a perfect complement to guys like Crabtree and Boldin, is still very young, and could be one of the better WRs in the league in short order. He's also due less than $1.2 million this year and just under $1.5 million next year. But the off-field stuff raises a lot of red flags and we're already dealing with Aldon.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have cap space, it's just a question of whether we want to use it re-signing our own guys or going after other players. I tend toward the latter. If I believed Gordon would stay clean, I'd probably be all over this trade. He's a perfect complement to guys like Crabtree and Boldin, is still very young, and could be one of the better WRs in the league in short order. He's also due less than $1.2 million this year and just under $1.5 million next year. But the off-field stuff raises a lot of red flags and we're already dealing with Aldon.
I might be confused here...is the next season(2014) the year Crabs' contract is done and the 9ers have to get a new contract for him ?

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think Gordon is a better receiver than Crabtree.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think Gordon is a better receiver than Crabtree.

He's certainly more of a big-play threat. Crabtree was playing at an elite level with Kap, though. His numbers were really, really good over that span, and quite consistent. Gordon is younger and more explosive, though. Given a choice between the two based solely on talent, I'd probably go with Gordon.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised the Browns would consider letting him go for so little. If my team had few needs and Gordon would fill the biggest of them i'd be prepared to trade for him. I'd rate his true value to be a 2nd in 2014 with a conditional 5th in 2015 that could become a 3rd. Maybe even a bit more.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the situation involving Aldon, there's a likelihood the Gordon deal is off the table. I don't believe Baalke and Harbs would stomach losing a second player on their team to a long term suspension. It's pretty sad because JG is the type of player the Niners need.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It would be stupid IMHO for the Browns to trade Gordon, after he's played so well since returning from suspension.

Makes sense for the Browns to trade Richardson, because you can go get a Willis McGahee who is a great short term replacement. But who you gonna replace a young stud WR with in a pass happy league?

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
davone bess?

Greg Little?

oh who am I kidding.. they both suck.

chunky415

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a no-brainer on a potential trade for Gordon, despite the risk of suspension. Given the excess of picks Baalke has stockpiled the past couple drafts, the organization's willingness to 'redshirt and rehab' a number of rookies and the unlikely prospect of more than a handful of '14 rookies makes the 53-man roster, it's almost criminal for the FO not to come to the consensus that a WR of Gordon's ilk could be the key that unlocks our offense's full potential. Kap's skillset and current plateau/regression is screaming for an outside beast, who can beat press coverage off the line and actually take the top off opposing defenses. Everyone else (Gore, Hunter, Boldin, Crab, MM and McDonald) will eat with the space JG's wake opens up. Long overdue for the staff to address Kap's hastened internal time clock and reluctance to go through his progressions; Gordon's ability to consistently 'win' his matchups at every level of the field will highlight an otherwise moribund passing offense, as it's currently constructed.

Obviously, identifying and developing at WR hasn't been the organization's strong suit (that's putting it mildly). Further, WR is a position that's widely recognized as one of the more protracted learning curves in transitioning to the NFL. Dealing with the PR fallout of a 1-year for Gordon would more than sting when accounting for Aldon's knuckleheadedness, but this is a win now league; windows don't always remain open as long as we think they might. And hell, considering Baalke's 'name in the envelope' guy was given over a year and change simply to absorb the playbook, gain weight/strength and develop swag, to no avail, Gordon's well worth a risk worth taking. Especially, when we'll likely still be sitting on 11-12 picks heading into '14, regardless.