• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Gordon

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It is. But I'm saying if you use the pick on a guy and he doesn't pan out you wasted a pick and how many years on him?

You could use the same argument to say that we should just offer a first and be done with it. Why would we assume the pick doesn't pan out?

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
U cnt baby sit grown azz men. U baby sit kids. These guys gotta look n the mirror & wanna change.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could use the same argument to say that we should just offer a first and be done with it. Why would we assume the pick doesn't pan out?

But they don't want a first and we have two 2s. Until another legit wr gets drafted i don't trust this team drafting wrs.

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If Aldon gets suspended not year. Then yes it was a wasted pick IMO. Then we gotta find another stud OLB.

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I agree with u Crimson on Aldon. He's 24 & JG is 22 hard 2 change those young habits. Would u feel safe giving any of those two between 20-40 mil signing bonuses? I know I would'nt myself facing 1yr ban.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
But they don't want a first and we have two 2s. Until another legit wr gets drafted i don't trust this team drafting wrs.

We shouldn't trade a second-round pick just because we have an extra one. That pick should become a good starter. Gordon doesn't help us if he's out for the year. You absolutely have to factor that risk into the trade, and whether or not we have additional second-round picks is irrelevant to that consideration. I'd consider a third, but I don't think I'd go with a second. This kid hasn't shown he can keep himself clean.

Also keep in mind that our third rounders are great ammunition to move up in the first and secure an impact player, particularly a CB, or possibly to trade into next year.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree with u Crimson on Aldon. He's 24 & JG is 22 hard 2 change those young habits. Would u feel safe giving any of those two between 20-40 mil signing bonuses? I know I would'nt myself facing 1yr ban.

No, not right now. I think you're right that ultimately the person has to decide to change, but the team can put a lot of things in place to help the person. I'm surprised the Niners didn't take a firmer hand with Aldon after the first DUI, the stabbing, the first car crash (granted he was apparently the passenger in that one), etc.

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Crimson alot of us fans just see go get him. But like u I look @ the whole picture. Look @ the AJ pick just a waste. Without the extra baggage.

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
@ 22 could anybody tell u anything? In 1 ear & right out the other. How do we know they didn't talk 2 Aldon. But he still did his own damn thing.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shouldn't trade a second-round pick just because we have an extra one. That pick should become a good starter. Gordon doesn't help us if he's out for the year. You absolutely have to factor that risk into the trade, and whether or not we have additional second-round picks is irrelevant to that consideration. I'd consider a third, but I don't think I'd go with a second. This kid hasn't shown he can keep himself clean.

Also keep in mind that our third rounders are great ammunition to move up in the first and secure an impact player, particularly a CB, or possibly to trade into next year.

I'm not saying trade a second because we got an extra one I'm saying trade a second because he's got first round talent. Sure if a 3rd would work that's better. He's showing the potential as play maker and that's what we need.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
@ 22 could anybody tell u anything? In 1 ear & right out the other. How do we know they didn't talk 2 Aldon. But he still did his own damn thing.

Hahaha. Yes. But I wasn't necessarily the typical 22-year-old. And I certainly wasn't a millionaire with incredible natural talent.

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Some how i don't believe u Crimson. Lol!!! On my phone so cnt copy & paste.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a receiver, and Baalke hasn't shown yet he's capable of drafting one. With Gordon we could have Boldin, Crabtree, and Gordon. He's young and we'd have him through 2015 for cheap. I know there are red flags about his suspension -- but we have the draft picks to use and I'd be excited about our top 3 receivers. That would also leave us with one 1st, one 2nd, and 3 3rd round picks. We can get a really good cornerback in the draft, having met our receiver needs. Then look at our lineup for next year:
Receivers: Crabtree, Gordon, Manningham, Boldin
TE: Davis, McDonald,
RB: Gore, Hunter, Lattimore.

Defense we'd have a new corner, Reid at safety, Dial, Lemonier, and Carradine.
That's a lot of good young talent.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding is that he's one more incident from being suspended for a year. And they usually give guys a mulligan before suspending them in the first place, so you're talking about two slip-ups in less than a year. That doesn't instill a ton of confidence that he'll keep his nose clean. I wouldn't do a second. It'd be tough to pass up a third, but I don't know...this team didn't do a great job of getting Aldon in line.

Hmmm interesting.

Gotta think baalke is using that as leverage which maybe he could be had for a 3rd rounder. Which would be a no brainer. This ones tough on both sides, I can see the brown trying to get more picks to stack and try to unload him while they can. But also the browns are showing some good play and Gordon has a ton of talent to help them win games.

Baalke needs to work his magic and get him for a 3rd and a later pick. Lol

Shall be interesting.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We need a receiver, and Baalke hasn't shown yet he's capable of drafting one. With Gordon we could have Boldin, Crabtree, and Gordon. He's young and we'd have him through 2015 for cheap. I know there are red flags about his suspension -- but we have the draft picks to use and I'd be excited about our top 3 receivers. That would also leave us with one 1st, one 2nd, and 3 3rd round picks. We can get a really good cornerback in the draft, having met our receiver needs. Then look at our lineup for next year:
Receivers: Crabtree, Gordon, Manningham, Boldin
TE: Davis, McDonald,
RB: Gore, Hunter, Lattimore.

Defense we'd have a new corner, Reid at safety, Dial, Lemonier, and Carradine.
That's a lot of good young talent.

true, IF they all pan out? Reid has shown enough so no reason why he wouldn't get VERY good. like what Lemonier has shown to date, like the way he gets up field and like the way he contains.

but we have no idea yet on Carradine or Dial, lets not assume TOO much?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is beyond me why the Browns are looking to trade their star players anyway. First Richardson then Gordon; it isn't as if they should rebuild, they are a serious contender to win that division this season. I just don't get it.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think he is an exciting player and would inject much needed explosiveness potential into our offense. I think we should go get him for sure. I personally believe Cashtree will check out after next season and not re-sign with us. We need an impact player at the WR position for when Crabtree leaves and honestly, I would think Gordon would fit more into the style of offense they are looking to run with Kaepernick.

I would offer a 3rd and 6th this year and conditional 4th/5th next year just to make sure we got him.