• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Gordon to Take Time Away from Football to Focus on his Mental Health

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is absolutely absurd that a sports league takes disciplinary action against player that smoke pot in this day and age, but as I said yesterday in the Eric Reid thread, the players voted to keep DeMaurice Smith on board as head of the NFLPA and he is too feckless to take on the owners as it pertains to this issue.

That being said, Josh Gordon is just plain dumb for blowing what will likely be his last chance because he can't lay off the weed. :L
If its only weed

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its only weed

I believe he is not even allowed to drink alcohol, but it is doubtful that the NFL will ever tell us exactly what he tested positive for so we'll probably never know.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ask people to not be so harsh when it comes to this its obvious this man has an addiction and it seems like he is losing his battle. A psychiatrist told me when you have a problem and you are willing to give up your career to satisfy it there is a sickness. To me guys like Leveon Bell and others who smoke just to party are idiots.

This man should walk away from football at this point honestly
He is not giving up his career to satisfy anything. He is giving up his career because he got caught again.

Guys who piss on their lottery ticket because they cant put the bong or bottle down get no sympathy from me.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, he should be able to give it up considering the money involved. But is this just for freakin' weed? Cause it's time for America (and the NFL) to grow up about that.
Stop with that nonsense. How about the player grows up and doesn't break the rules that are in place. I am all for legalization, but the only person at fault here is Gordon.

God, if my employer told me he was going to give me a multi-million dollar contract if I didn't smoke weed or drink, I would be a happy sober mf'er.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer away folks, what a waste of a career.

We've been down this road so many times with this guy...there's really nothing more to say that hasn't been said.

He wants to smoke pot, period...more power to him, there are several states he can move to and light up to his heart's content.

You just don't get to cash NFL paychecks while you're doing it.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ask people to not be so harsh when it comes to this its obvious this man has an addiction and it seems like he is losing his battle. A psychiatrist told me when you have a problem and you are willing to give up your career to satisfy it there is a sickness. To me guys like Leveon Bell and others who smoke just to party are idiots.

This man should walk away from football at this point honestly

Exactly. There are many different ways for people to become addicts. As a society, we always look down on the addicts as druggies, drunks or perverts. We don't think to see what the damage inside of one person that made them a addict.

Sometimes, the demons inside of a person, self inflicted or from youth, are just too heavy for us as humans to control. So we reach for crutches, but these crutches are hazardous themselves but they don't care because it numbs the demons.

Just saying. It's glad he is seeking support

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he is not even allowed to drink alcohol, but it is doubtful that the NFL will ever tell us exactly what he tested positive for so we'll probably never know.
Agreed

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Official statement from the Patriots:

New England Patriots said:
We support Josh Gordon in his continued efforts to focus on his health. His attempt to do so is a private and personal matter, which we intend to respect.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not giving up his career to satisfy anything. He is giving up his career because he got caught again.

Guys who piss on their lottery ticket because they cant put the bong or bottle down get no sympathy from me.

Sometimes it is alot easier to Judge and wag your finger than to solve the issue at hand.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes it is alot easier to Judge and wag your finger than to solve the issue at hand.
So I am supposed to solve his issue? The only one who can solve the issue is the rule breaker. It has nothing to do with me. So yes... :nono:

We're not talking about Pookie with the crack pipe here.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @ anyone that ever bought his mental health personal time.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop with that nonsense. How about the player grows up and doesn't break the rules that are in place. I am all for legalization, but the only person at fault here is Gordon.

God, if my employer told me he was going to give me a multi-million dollar contract if I didn't smoke weed or drink, I would be a happy sober mf'er.

I could get high on life for a while too. ESPECIALLY if it's a sure thing that you are going to get TESTED PERIODICALLY!!!

It's not like no one is watching.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I already addressed this. He was stupid do to what he did. But the rule and current laws are un-american, Soviet-type BS. The NFLPA should negotiate this drug-testing out of the process next round.

But at least you support legalization.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But everyone said having a locker next to Brady would turn him into the next Moss.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already addressed this. He was stupid do to what he did. But the rule and current laws are un-american, Soviet-type BS. The NFLPA should negotiate this drug-testing out of the process next round.

But at least you support legalization.
How is it un-American, Soviet-type BS? Way too extreme.