• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Gordon to Take Time Away from Football to Focus on his Mental Health

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanahan has contacts in Cleveland from his coaching days and looked into acquiring him earlier in the season and the reports he was getting from Cleveland were not good. In doesn't matter how good the environment might be for players in New England. Some people are just beyond help

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get down to it, he knew the rules and chose to break them. Dumbass move by Gordon.

True. Doesn't make the rule necessary or even fair in today's society. Should they make alcohol illegal as well?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanahan has contacts in Cleveland from his coaching days and looked into acquiring him earlier in the season and the reports he was getting from Cleveland were not good. In doesn't matter how good the environment might be for players in New England. Some people are just beyond help

He got cheap production for at least half a season. They did OK with Gordon as long as he was available.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got cheap production for at least half a season. They did OK with Gordon as long as he was available.

They got him for essentially a 6th round pick. So didn't really lose anything but it hurts going into the playoffs without him.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ask people to not be so harsh when it comes to this its obvious this man has an addiction and it seems like he is losing his battle. A psychiatrist told me when you have a problem and you are willing to give up your career to satisfy it there is a sickness. To me guys like Leveon Bell and others who smoke just to party are idiots.

This man should walk away from football at this point honestly

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Doesn't make the rule necessary or even fair in today's society. Should they make alcohol illegal as well?
It is what it is. Just that street with a 35 mph speed limit. We all know it should be at least 45, but we still get a ticket if we are a dumbass and break it.
Until they have a good test that can show you are currently under the influence, companies should continue to drug test for pot and fire people who use.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, he should be able to give it up considering the money involved. But is this just for freakin' weed? Cause it's time for America (and the NFL) to grow up about that.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, he should be able to give it up considering the money involved. But is this just for freakin' weed? Cause it's time for America (and the NFL) to grow up about that.

I agree bu it isn't THAT great. i.e. million dollar great.

I would say bad timing for the Patriots but I'm sure everyone knew it was a long shot gamble.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you know the rules, then abide or you face the consequences in this case... Weed is not permitted where I work, so therefore, I do not smoke it if I want to continue to work there... If I decided that i'd like to start smoking weed, I better find a different job... I don't understand why people keep rationalizing w/ the statements that it's legal in a lot of states... It's not legal in NFL... That's all that matters here...

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he gets the help he needs and all, but damn.

Why wasn't this kid handcuffed to Belichick when they weren't at Gillette?

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you know the rules, then abide or you face the consequences in this case... Weed is not permitted where I work, so therefore, I do not smoke it if I want to continue to work there... If I decided that i'd like to start smoking weed, I better find a different job... I don't understand why people keep rationalizing w/ the statements that it's legal in a lot of states... It's not legal in NFL... That's all that matters here...
I'm not saying he wasn't stupid to break the rules. I'm saying it shouldn't be a rule in the first place. The rule should be changed. It shouldn't be anybody else's business if a grown man wants to toke up in his own house.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does therapy help dumb?

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, the Pats are making progress in who is on the team.
They went from a mass murderer to a simple druggy.
Give them a break as they are making real progress in Foxborough.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I guess everybody saw this coming. It's just sad sometimes to watch guys that have that much talent who are unable to escape their bad decisions and addiction. He made his own bed and all that but it is still a sad story.

Sometimes demons in your life are too heavy to fight and overcome

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is absolutely absurd that a sports league takes disciplinary action against player that smoke pot in this day and age, but as I said yesterday in the Eric Reid thread, the players voted to keep DeMaurice Smith on board as head of the NFLPA and he is too feckless to take on the owners as it pertains to this issue.

That being said, Josh Gordon is just plain dumb for blowing what will likely be his last chance because he can't lay off the weed. :L