• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Gordon to Take Time Away from Football to Focus on his Mental Health

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon's addictions are more than just alcohol and weed. I think he's admitted to stuff like codeine, Xanax, coke....
Exactly right. This goes way beyond a guy that smokes a little recreational weed. The guy has a serious substance abuse issue. There have been reports of him admitting to taking shots of booze before games to stay calm. This goes way beyond the football.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping he could keep his shit together for one season. Didn't have a ton of Faith he could do it long term but he couldn't even make it one full season.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
*Note to Self*

Create the RFL - The Rastafarian Football League.

Would follow all football rules with the addition that all players must fail a game day drug test using the banned substance of their choice.
Additionally the referees must consume magic mushrooms on game day.
Dispensaries would be located at all concession levels. (Uber might want to sponsor this)

I'm sure we could flesh this out a bit more to make it a memorable game day experience for all. I am open to any and all creative ideas.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of gems from @Rock Strongo & @Hank Kingsley

they will resign him long term. his 605 yards here is the 3rd most of his career. 2nd highest YPG of his career. catch%? best of his career.
and he isnt the first option here. hes probably a 3rd option.

he loves it here and says he wants to stay.

i wont tell anyone i saw this coming tho

He is on the right track now.

Solid teammates with a winning culture.

He's going to be a good boy from now on.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For using a recreational substance legalized more and more around the country, including medicinal uses. The NFL needs to step away from the idea that marijuana should be a penalized drug. Do they test for alcohol?
I have no pity for the fool.
Tell me to quit smoking weed for several million $$ and I would easily be able to stop.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, lost a good player but at least he didn't kill anybody.

Ahem... Aaron Hernandez was found not guilty in the second trial and his first trials conviction was vacated. Officially, he is an innocent man!! Get your facts straight!! :D

#AHwasrailroaded

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Note to Self*

Create the RFL - The Rastafarian Football League.

Would follow all football rules with the addition that all players must fail a game day drug test using the banned substance of their choice.
Additionally the referees must consume magic mushrooms on game day.
Dispensaries would be located at all concession levels. (Uber might want to sponsor this)

I'm sure we could flesh this out a bit more to make it a memorable game day experience for all. I am open to any and all creative ideas.

Probably would be fewer concussion issues, other than some refs running into things lol.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon's addictions are more than just alcohol and weed. I think he's admitted to stuff like codeine, Xanax, coke....

This is the point.

Gordon has an ADDICTION problem that affects his entire life. He’s gotta get a handle on the ADDICTION.

IMO it’s not ok to say “it’s only weed”. If an alcoholic drinks alcohol (which is legal) we don’t say it’s “ok”.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the point.

Gordon has an ADDICTION problem that affects his entire life. He’s gotta get a handle on the ADDICTION.

IMO it’s not ok to say “it’s only weed”. If an alcoholic drinks alcohol (which is legal) we don’t say it’s “ok”.

Alcoholic implies danger to one's self or others. It is OK to say "it's only weed" until that usage puts himself or others in harm's way. Out of date drug testing notwithstanding.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alcoholic implies danger to one's self or others. It is OK to say "it's only weed" until that usage puts himself or others in harm's way. Out of date drug testing notwithstanding.
Get down to it, he knew the rules and chose to break them. Dumbass move by Gordon.