• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jose Bautista just got punched in the face by Odor

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope my fighting days are over. I've mellowed out a bit the last couple years. Still have to cuss someone out every now and then, but haven't been in a fight in over 3 years now.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, nobody is trying to make Odor out to be a saint, but everyone should love him for rocking one of the biggest dbags in the history of sports, even on the international level.
I've seen quite a few, a certain motormouthed SportsHoopla resident included, doing exactly this.

All Bautista (who I don't particularly care for, especially since his pre-season contract comments) did was what Odor's done many times. Shut the homers up and nobody's saying shit.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen quite a few, a certain motormouthed SportsHoopla resident included, doing exactly this.

All Bautista (who I don't particularly care for, especially since his pre-season contract comments) did was what Odor's done many times. Shut the homers up and nobody's saying shit.

I'm a guy that likes late, hard slides. I don't have an issue with Bautista's slide. I have have a problem with Bautista being a bitch, and I hope he gets punched in the face every time someone is presented with an opportunity.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you so convinced the manager called the pitch? Considering the situation it would've been pretty stupid over a dumb grudge. I think Bush either did it on his own or simply let one get away. He is new to pitching after all.
Bush had not even walked a batter or allowed a hit up to that point. Suddenly he's losing control of his fastball on Bautista of all people? Please.

Bush also answered no comment when asked about it post-game. Why not just say "I wasn't told to plunk him" like his manager did?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a guy that likes late, hard slides. I don't have an issue with Bautista's slide. I have have a problem with Bautista being a bitch, and I hope he gets punched in the face every time someone is presented with an opportunity.
Matter of opinion. Like I said, he's not my favorite even though as you said he's the best hitter we've had in town in years. I'm looking forward to the compensation pick in November when he signs in Boston.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then maybe someone should have put Odor in his place when he made an illegal slide. Except it wasn't illegal then.

Do your tears taste like Molson?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ya then he squared up and got rocked. Nobody cares about the slide.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then maybe someone should have put Odor in his place when he made an illegal slide. Except it wasn't illegal then.

Do your tears taste like Molson?
Oh, but I thought the issue wasn't that it was illegal, it was that it was dirty.

:think:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, when you can let that French heritage of "surrender at all costs" kick in :suds:
Texas has been a part of 5 countries that no longer have power over the land it sits on. If anybody knows anything about surrender, it's you folks.

:suds:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya then he squared up and got rocked. Nobody cares about the slide.
Not going to go over the fact that the slide has been mentioned dozens of times here again but it's worth noting that Odor shoved Bautista before Bautista squared up. If anything, it could be argued that Bautista was gearing up to defend himself before that dirty thug Odor viciously attacked a superior player.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's pathetic that the slide can be called dirty or, worse yet, illegal.

It's no longer a world of men.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's pathetic that the slide can be called dirty or, worse yet, illegal.

It's no longer a world of men.

"I swear it's not a world of men.... it's not a world of men, Machine. It's a world of clock watchers, bureaucrats, officeholders what it is, it's a fucked up world... there's no adventure to it. Dying breed. Yes it is. We are the members of a dying breed"

- Rick Roma (Al Pacino)..to Shelly "the machine" Levine ( Jack Lemon), in Glengarry Glen Ross.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is good for baseball.

One hell of a punch, one of the cleanest I've seen in during a brawl. Odor said get the FUCK off me little boiiii.
I think that's one of the best things about this. Everyone gets why Bautista got punched. Nobody is going to the DL. It wasn't some pussy slap or bush league sucker punch. Even Bautista doesn't come out of this with his head hanging *too* low because he did stay on his feet. Just some old fashioned fisticuffs that settled the score. Yeah, Rangers won the fight/game but the Blue Jays also won an epic playoff series so they're not loser either.

No one really comes out looking too foolish. Or any more foolish than we already thought. We didn't learn anything new about Bautista, to be honest. He's a strong dude but he's all show and pizazz. Hell of a ballplayer, not scrappy.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahahahaha, "viciously attacked"....lol

more like "deservingly beaten up". You don't slide into a man's knee, trying to injure him, without getting your head knocked off superiorly.

BOOM

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers intentionally threw at Bautista.
Bautista was #MadBro and slid late.

This led to a fight. Both sides of the fight were wrong. Fighting is stupid. Odor won the fight, the Rangers won the baseball game, and Bautista is a very good baseball player who can take a hell of a punch.

These are things we can all agree on.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beltre is a very good Samaritan.....he held Bautista up so he wouldn't fall down from getting punched in the cawk sucker.