• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan says Kobe, not LeBron, could beat him in his prime

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody can guard him, bottomline. But I think he would have more trouble guarding LBJ then Kobe.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody can guard him, bottomline. But I think he would have more trouble guarding LBJ then Kobe.

Kobe has so much more offensive game. LeBron is still a streak shooter and will count on driving the hole. Kobe can make any shot, period.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think either could beat MJ 1 on 1 but I would give Lebron the edge as far as having a chance. Kobe stole all of MJ's moves so he would have no advantage against him.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on this are that MJ is extremely petty and is the old man clinging to what ever he can because he is a bitter old man and his reign of pseudo GOAT is all but over.

He doesn't think either could beat him in a 1 on 1 but he knows kobe has absolutely no shot at being better than him on the GOAT list but LBJ has a great shot and has made it his mission in basketball.

# scary shit for MJ

Also, almost by default LBJ will be considered better than MJ due to the way the world works. Old people die and then the next old people say they saw the greatest to ever play. The NBA loves it this way because it is hype and that sells tickets and jerseys.

I still say LBJ will never be GOAT because he is not a center, last I checked MJ is not a center nor is he GOAT. If MJ is GOAT it is all but decided LBJ will be considered the GOAT.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked how he says Kobe..."cuz he stills all my moves". :laugh:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooo, this thread will be 300 pages long in about 3 hours, eh?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on this are that MJ is extremely petty and is the old man clinging to what ever he can because he is a bitter old man and his reign of pseudo GOAT is all but over.

He was asked a question about who he'd want to play one on one. He listed players then sarcastically said maybe Kobe could beat him because he steals all his moves. I think you are trying to make something bigger out of this than it is. What exactly makes Jordan a bitter old man?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really depends if there are refs or not. I think Lebron would definitely dunk on him more than kobe.

As far as playing center? If Magic played center when Kareem was hurt, there is no question that LeBron can play center in this center deficient nba.

Cant stand Lebron, cant stand Kobe more and mike was a phenomenal player that got every bit out of his team mates. But most of the time he scored the help got in the way of the defender.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If MJ is GOAT it is all but decided LBJ will be considered the GOAT.

So Lebron is going 7 for 7 in the Finals with 7 Mvps......Lebron will be in the argument and that's more than good enough.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ONE problem I have with Jordan is this, he's the greatest and LBJ or Kobe couldn't beat him...but he said Kobe stole all of HIS moves. Jordan says this like he created the fadeaway, or created any other thing Kobe did that Jordan did. As great as he is, Jordan didn't create moves, he took from others and used it to his advantage like only few can....as for the GOAT talk, I don't really think there's a greatest of all time for me, too hard to compare eras

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was asked a question about who he'd want to play one on one. He listed players then sarcastically said maybe Kobe could beat him because he steals all his moves. I think you are trying to make something bigger out of this than it is. What exactly makes Jordan a bitter old man?

Fair enough, I did not watch the video. He has said that he thinks Kobe is better than LBJ, so either he is the worst judge of talent with little Bball IQ (the Bobcats would suggest this) or he is petty and bitter that everyone is fawning over LBJ.

Also watched a little of it and he is talking about hand checking and "paying a price" to drive the lane like the NBA would crumble and break because modern players could have never handled that. LMAO the game changes and EVOLVES, MJ doesn't.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, I did not watch the video. He has said that he thinks Kobe is better than LBJ, so either he is the worst judge of talent with little Bball IQ (the Bobcats would suggest this) or he is petty and bitter that everyone is fawning over LBJ.

Also watched a little of it and he is talking about hand checking and "paying a price" to drive the lane like the NBA would crumble and break because modern players could have never handled that. LMAO the game changes and EVOLVES, MJ doesn't.

Detroit fan's opinion on MJ doesn't count.

Ever...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ONE problem I have with Jordan is this, he's the greatest and LBJ or Kobe couldn't beat him...but he said Kobe stole all of HIS moves. Jordan says this like he created the fadeaway, or created any other thing Kobe did that Jordan did. As great as he is, Jordan didn't create moves, he took from others and used it to his advantage like only few can....as for the GOAT talk, I don't really think there's a greatest of all time for me, too hard to compare eras

Come on dude, even Kobe's mannerisms are the same...he chews his gum the same...everything.

Jordan did create a style, that nearly every young player since has tried to emulate.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Explain the MJ doesn't evolve statement. All I saw was him stating how the game was played during his time and that it is different now. He never said current players couldn't handle it.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He doesn't think either could beat him in a 1 on 1 but he knows kobe has absolutely no shot at being better than him on the GOAT list but LBJ has a great shot and has made it his mission in basketball.
This

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on dude, even Kobe's mannerisms are the same...he chews his gum the same...everything.

Jordan did create a style, that nearly every young player since has tried to emulate.

Yet Jordan patterned his game based on players he watched growing up (i.e. Dr. J). Nothing wrong with studying and emulating moves of past greats. You still have to have actual skills and ability to be successful doing it. I'm still waiting for someone to really incorporated the sky hook into their game. Cap was so devastating with that shot.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But Kobe did steal every single one of his moves. i dont believe Kobe has an original move in his arsenal. Its not just the moves its the style in which the moves are executed. Thats why no one had ever seen a player like Jordan before. For awhile there I thought Jordan was going to have to sue for copyright infringement. :laugh3: